BEAT LA

[URL]http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats?sort=defeff&league=nba&univLogin02=stateChanged&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2fhollinger%2fteamstats%3fsort%3ddefeff%26league%3dnba%26univLogin02%3dstateChanged[/URL]

So very close, but Boston is actually #1. And the fact that they beat #2 in the Eastern Conference Finals speaks even more for the Celtics. To call the Celtics overrated is to admit a limited knowledge of the game of basketball.

That’s regular season… sorry a team that goes 7 games with the Hawks could be in for some trouble. I’m not saying they’re overrated but the Lakers are looking like a better team then them at the moment.

Beating the Spurs in 5 > Beating the Pistons in 6

There is not 1 person on this board that hates Boston and its teams more than I do, however I can’t root against Kevin Garnett.

I said during the football season, if the Patriots don’t win the Super Bowl than it is okay for the Celtics to win the NBA Title. So NY has indirectly made me root for a Boston team.

I’ll just look at it as a Keving Garnett championship rather than a Boston championship.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;322589]There is not 1 person on this board that hates Boston and its teams more than I do, however I can’t root against Kevin Garnett.

[/QUOTE]

I imagine Timberwolves fans are pissed right about now.

[QUOTE=VA49er;322593]I imagine Timberwolves fans are pissed right about now.[/QUOTE]

I would think they are rooting for him. They gave him a wonderful greeting in his only visit to Minnesota this season.

The organization only gave KG one team built for a title run and they made it to the Western Conference Finals. The fans should be mad at the ownership not Garnett, he stuck with them through some tough times.

well now i’m def rooting for the lakers.

did you just throw a personal blow at jack nicholson? omg! sunglasses inside! DRUNKEN celebrities??? WTF. they’re not supposed to have freedom! when they do the things that everyone on earth does, they’re wrong because it’s on tv…or…something.

basically what i took from your original post is take away individual freedom and go celtics. if you’re talking about all that crap you need to be rooting for al queda, not the celtics. jesus. sunglasses inside. bunch of criminals…

basically what i took from your original post is take away individual freedom and go celtics. if you're talking about all that crap you need to be rooting for al queda, not the celtics. jesus. sunglasses inside. bunch of criminals..

Wow, I think you may have taken NLP’s post just a taaaad to seriously/literally. NLP is a big Celtics fan, and was just having some fun poking fun at LA. It was pretty lighthearted, lol no need to call him a terrorist.

i mean he’s asking people to unite and root against them because they represent everything wrong with the universe…seriously…being a celtics fan is whatever…he didn’t make a finals topic or even a pro celtics topic…it was just straight up about talking bs about la…i just thought it was pretty irrelevant. it’s not like i was literally calling him a terrorist either.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;322628]i mean he’s asking people to unite and root against them because they represent everything wrong with the universe…seriously…being a celtics fan is whatever…he didn’t make a finals topic or even a pro celtics topic…it was just straight up about talking bs about la…i just thought it was pretty irrelevant. it’s not like i was literally calling him a terrorist either.[/QUOTE]

The terrorists did board planes in Boston…

I can’t blame NLP for getting people riled up to root against LA, haha because I mean I’d be doing the same to get people to root against the damn yuppie southsiders if the Sox and Cusb ever faced off in a world series :biggrin:

i mean he's asking people to unite and root against them because they represent everything wrong with the universe...seriously..being a celtics fan is whatever..he didn't make a finals topic or even a pro celtics topic..it was just straight up about talking bs about la..i just thought it was pretty irrelevant. it's not like i was literally calling him a terrorist either.
lol @ you

YEAAAHHHH CLETICS!! 3 GAMES TO 1!!! :biggrin:

I think last nights game pretty much puts to bed any of the MJ=Kobe arguments. MJ would have never let a team come back from 24 down to beat him at home in the finals.

[COLOR=Green][SIZE=7]BEAT LA![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=wayton5646;322347]the celtics may be the most overrated team in NBA history. They are way to inconsistent I am suprised they got this far and will be shocked if they don’t get swept.[/QUOTE]

No message. Lutz needs a defensive class or three from Rivers and Thibodeau.

[QUOTE=Mike Niner Hunt;325648]No message. Lutz needs a defensive class or three from Rivers and Thibodeau.[/QUOTE]
Um Doc Rivers had nothing to do with that defense

[QUOTE=casstommy;324845]I think last nights game pretty much puts to bed any of the MJ=Kobe arguments. MJ would have never let a team come back from 24 down to beat him at home in the finals.[/QUOTE]

MJ never would have let his team lose by 40 on the road either.

Before I get any bandwagon accusations, I watched the Dino Radja, Vitaly Poptenko, Joe Forte Celtics. I remember Tiny Archibald, Rick Robey, Scott Wedman, Greg Kite, and Ed Pickney playing for the Celtics. I liked Cornbread before I ever knew he was a Niner.

[QUOTE=shagg49er;325649]Um Doc Rivers had nothing to do with that defense[/QUOTE]

Absolutely nothing? You sure about that?

Boston’s role players playing hard doesn’t get enough ink. I was at that game in Charlotte where the new Big 3 rested, and the Celts won by 23. It’s old school, Red Aurebach, Russell, Tom Heinsohn, Bill Fitch, KC Jones style of coaching that says if you don’t hustle, look somewhere else to play. The schemes mean jack if the players don’t hustle.

[QUOTE=Mike Niner Hunt;325651]Absolutely nothing? You sure about that?

Boston’s role players playing hard doesn’t get enough ink. I was at that game in Charlotte where the new Big 3 rested, and the Celts won by 23. It’s old school, Red Aurebach, Russell, Tom Heinsohn, Bill Fitch, KC Jones style of coaching that says if you don’t hustle, look somewhere else to play. The schemes mean jack if the players don’t hustle.[/QUOTE]

The answer is Tom Thibodeau and KG. Doc Rivers has never coached defense, look at his previous teams.