BEAT LA

I doubt many of you are Celtics fans in any capacity whatsoever.
But I ask you to unite to BEAT LA.

LA represents everything wrong with the universe: Overpriced homes, drunken celebs, horrific plastic surgery, sunglasses worn indoors, prima donna sports figures… you name it, they bastardize it. UNITE. BEAT LA!

What’s more awesome than Kurt Rambis getting clotheslined?

[SIZE=7][COLOR=#006400]BEAT LA[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Did I mention the Celtics eliminated a team featuring Rasheed Wallace, a Tarheel? Kobe Bryant also pretends he is a Tarheel by emulating Michael Jordan. Another reason to BEAT LA!

The Celtics also wear green, just like the Niners. BEAT LA!

I can’t bring myself to root for a Boston sports team. They have won 5 championships since 2002 up there.

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=7]Let’s Go Celtics![/SIZE][/COLOR]

i can never see myself routing for any team from california. even if one of their players was drafted by my beloved eagles.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;322296]I can’t bring myself to root for a Boston sports team. They have won 5 championships since 2002 up there.[/QUOTE]

amen. boston sucks. a bunch of wussies. la sucks too, but i won’t root for boston in any sport ever. i’d rather root for a freak meteor or earthquake to hit the arena while they all play.

NLP, another reason to pull for the Celtics… they wear [COLOR=green]GREEN[/COLOR] AND WHITE!!

I will be pulling for the Celtics, because my hatred of the Lakers knows no end.

[B]GO CELTICS! BEAT LA!!![/B]

I’m pulling for the celtics for one reason… they prove that a crap team can turn around and go to the nba finals the following year…

bobcats - lets make some trades.

I’m rooting for Jason Richardson to come out of nowhere and drop 40 on the Celtics after the Lakers decide they don’t want to play any more.

Other than that, my main interest will be trying to explain to my little brother the history of the Lakers and the Celtics since he came up to my Dad the other day and asked incredulously “Shaq and Kobe played on the same team?! They must have been awesome!”

I'm rooting for Jason Richardson to come out of nowhere and drop 40 on the Celtics after the Lakers decide they don't want to play any more.

Other than that, my main interest will be trying to explain to my little brother the history of the Lakers and the Celtics since he came up to my Dad the other day and asked incredulously “Shaq and Kobe played on the same team?! They must have been awesome!”

lol how old is your brother?

the celtics may be the most overrated team in NBA history. They are way to inconsistent I am suprised they got this far and will be shocked if they don’t get swept.

Did I mention the Celtics eliminated a team featuring Rasheed Wallace, a Tarheel? Kobe Bryant also [B]pretends he is a Tarheel [/B]by emulating Michael Jordan. Another reason to BEAT LA!

kobe was recruited by duke and would have gone there if not entering the draft. he considers coach k a coach mentor and close friend.

i dont know if anyone saw…but they showed a preview of the sunday conversation with kobe this morning and he put to rest the mj comparisons. he stated over and over…“i want to be known as kobe…me. NOT michael.”

now if you guys do want a reason to hate…lets not forget he was drafted by charlotte and demanded a trade even before the draft as rumors were floating out there. oh what could have been…siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

GO BOBCATS!

Kobe apologists exist? Whoa.

If you want to go by words instead of actions, I give you Lebron James’ comments after game 7 of the Celtics-Cavs series. Now that was class. Not demanding a trade, rescinding the demand, demanding a trade, throwing Bynum under the bus, then somehow hoodwinking everyone into giving him an MVP award. That’s so lol-worthy.

BEAT L.A.!

lol how old is your brother?

He’ll be 9. He’s just getting into basketball. I had to sit him down and explain to him that Davidson isn’t a national power after this year’s NCAA Tournament. It sucked.

I am seriously contemplating whether I care enough about either team to even watch the finals. I definitely don’t. My hatred for both teams is equally high. I hate the Lakers. And I have to hate the Celtics being from New York… but I actually might hate the Celtics 1/1000000 less than I hate the Lakers…

so… go celtics?
wow.

the celtics may be the most overrated team in NBA history. They are way to inconsistent I am suprised they got this far and will be shocked if they don't get swept.

No, being the best defensive team in the NBA doesn’t mean anything in the playoffs, right?

Think before you post. Thanks.

No, being the best defensive team in the NBA doesn't mean anything in the playoffs, right?

Think before you post. Thanks.

Actually, I believe the Pistons were the best defensive team in the NBA this season.

Actually, I believe the Pistons were the best defensive team in the NBA this season.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats?sort=defeff&league=nba&univLogin02=stateChanged&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3A%2F%2Finsider.espn.go.com%2Fnba%2Fhollinger%2Fteamstats%3Fsort%3Ddefeff%26league%3Dnba%26univLogin02%3DstateChanged

So very close, but Boston is actually #1. And the fact that they beat #2 in the Eastern Conference Finals speaks even more for the Celtics. To call the Celtics overrated is to admit a limited knowledge of the game of basketball.

Forget that, I’m rooting for the Lakers in these Finals. I don’t particularly like anything about the city of Boston, especially when it comes to sports.

GO BOBCATS!

YEAH!!! GO CATS!!!