beautiful sight

ok maybe this doesnt deal with sports, but today i went to the sac and went to the workout room at around 3-4. the place was packed, on a friday afternoon, the first weekend of the school year. hopefully uncc is getting away from the “suitcase” college slightly, and maybe we’ll see a bigger turnout at games.

nah, the beautiful sight is all the scenery to look at while I work out

Agreed UD-Bird.

And about the main topic, I can corroborate. I drove through campus around 3:30 and the residence halls parking lots were all still pretty packed solid. Having worked in Admissions the past two years, I can say we have a lot more out of town and out of state studnets.

2 questions (#2 is more than 1):

1. Any enrollment figures or estimates released for this year yet?

2. So there is a weightroom open to students in the SAC? Is it separate from the one the athletes use, if so where do they workout now? Is the old weight dungeon beneath Belk Gym still in use, and in what capacity?

Yes the athletes have a seperate weight room…it is in the addition with the practice court. Also the dungeon is still open, just never go…more inspiration in the sac weight room

[i]Originally posted by udniner42[/i]@Aug 27 2004, 06:46 PM [b] Yes the athletes have a seperate weight room..it is in the addition with the practice court. Also the dungeon is still open, just never go....more inspiration in the sac weight room [/b]
Actually, the dungeon is now only used for Kineseology classes.

the weightroom down in the SAC that the students use is really nice. the athletes have a seperate one, but i saw Clemmons in there working out from time to time last year. UD is right, the “scenery” in the weightroom is usually incredible.

i also agree that uncc is gradually getting away from being a suitcase college, which is an amazing feat considering we have no football on the weekends.

LOL… I remember working out in the “dungeon”. What a piece of crap it was. After benching, my hands were orange from the rust on the bar. :huh:

[i]Originally posted by NormanNiner[/i]@Aug 30 2004, 06:33 AM [b] LOL... I remember working out in the "dungeon". What a piece of crap it was. After benching, my hands were orange from the rust on the bar. :huh: [/b]
Hands, gloves, and t-shirts all stained orange. Still have some of that dust with me down here in Texas