Behind the scenes upgrades - possible downtime

I’m going to be working on some behind the scenes upgrades over the long weekend. To the best I can I’ll be trying to make sure there is no impact.

The plan is to move us to a cheaper and better server. We have been on Linode forever, but I haven’t been happy with it since they got bought out. The move to better spot will also help pave the way for some improvements I’ve been wanting to make here.

At some point i will have to turn off the lights and restore to the new server. That and the DNS switch over will cause a little bit of an outage, but I’ll try to mitigate it with timing on my side.

5 Likes

God speed, king.

clt thanks you for all of your work on this chat page, best in the USA!

I want my Santa hat back. Would be cool if you always had a hat for the current season. Let it be Christmas all year

I can’t say it enough, thanks for all you do!!

2 Likes

Finishing up what I started last weekend. The site is definitely going down at 8:30am today. Gonna try and do this as quick as I can, but it may be down for a couple hours.

3 Likes

Took much longer than expected as anything always does.

We are in new digs on a couple different levels. Will be working on the front page separately.

We are on dedicated resources now and you should notice things being a little faster response time wise.

Thanks for the patience this morning.

6 Likes

Thank you for all your work on this site Niner Mac.

7 Likes