Belk Tower Bells

Today, all day the Belk Tower has been playing music… Anyone know why?

I noticed that too. At first I thought an ice cream truck was lost.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;402785]Today, all day the Belk Tower has been playing music… Anyone know why?[/QUOTE]

10th anniversary of the Columbine shootings would be my guess.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;402787]10th anniversary of the Columbine shootings would be my guess.[/QUOTE]

Thats tomorrow

nevermind

[QUOTE=Cha_49;402789]Thats tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Date fail.

might have to do with them bringing campus computing back up, you all know how **** went crazy in jurassic park.

Oklahoma City Bombing anniversary

Oklahoma City Bombing anniversary
This a guess or are you sure?

[QUOTE=49or bust;402798]This a guess or are you sure?[/QUOTE]

guess

guess
Ok, good. When I heard that I was shocked to be honest. If we rang the bells all day for something that happened an arbitrary number of years ago and killed 168 or more people, we'd be ringing our bells a lot I think.
Today, all day the Belk Tower has been playing music... Anyone know why?

We contacted somebody, I didn’t hear who (through the paper) and from what I heard:
-It’s kinda like when your alarm clock turns back on due to a power outage and its blinking, so it shows that the Belk Tower was also plugged into the network as well
-We also don’t think it’ll be fixed until tomorrow.

this whole thing is hilarious to me. :lmao:

It’s still going.

Ahhhhh…memories! The thread title brought back memories of my Freshman year in 1992…walking to my 8am class every MWF and listening to the Belk Tower! AWESOME! Good times!

Tim Curry’s birthday, obviously.

btw, today is the anniversary of the beginning of the revolution war.

[B]AMERICA, **** YEAH![/B]

might have to do with them bringing campus computing back up, you all know how **** went crazy in jurassic park.
We contacted somebody, I didn't hear who (through the paper) and form what I heard: -It's kinda like when your alarm clock turns back on due to a power outage and its blinking, so it shows that the Belk Tower was also plugged into the network as well -We also don't think it'll be fixed until tomorrow.

somebody is awesome at deductive reasoning.

[QUOTE=49er96;402814]Ahhhhh…memories! The thread title brought back memories of my Freshman year in 1992…walking to my 8am class every MWF and listening to the Belk Tower! AWESOME! Good times![/QUOTE]

That was the only thing to look forward to for those 8am classes. I too, was a freshman that year with 8am classes both semesters. The chimes were the only thing that could put a smile on my face that early in the morning.

It played music when I was there 2 1/2 years ago. It would chime at the top of the hour. Even played the fight song!