Bennett

brought up before, just joined this particular board last week. Thx.

not sure if we will get this answer until Midnight Madness at the earliest.

He is a Niner, however apparently won’t be eligible until next year (2005). Yep, the NCAA is sitting him for two years. Sure would like to have him or that scholarship.

With on year or two years remaining?

I believe one as it stands now. I don’t know if the final decisions have been made or if we are appealing any of it. I know he wants to wear the green and help us anyway he can. He almost left for Georgetown, KY (NAIA?) last December.

Yes, Georgetown (KY) is an NAIA school. A former Niner center ended up there, but he didn’t even last a season. Can’t remember his name now. From the Rockingham-area, as I recall…

Wha?? So Bennett is pretty much out? WTF?? Where do we get these NCAA fence riders anyway? Why can’t we land one f-ing recruit that isn’t going to have some kind of bizarre eligibility issue?

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Jun 24 2004, 02:32 PM [b] Yes, Georgetown (KY) is an NAIA school. A former Niner center ended up there, but he didn't even last a season. Can't remember his name now. From the Rockingham-area, as I recall... [/b]
Come on Run...Jonathon Neely. He was highly ranked out of high school. I thought he went to JC Smith.

Oh yes, Mr. Neely. Same class as Kenny Whitehead, who ended up at James Madison.

Bobby did some real “housecleaning” with that group…