Bernard Sullivan 2011 PF

North Meck product, 6’8, 220lbs.

Rivals - 3 star

Scout - 3 star

ESPN - 90 rating

Good read about Bernard. A lot of schools after him.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/preps/story/1250661.html

Sullivan is a 6-foot-8, 220-pound junior forward with scholarship offers from Charlotte, Clemson, Davidson, N.C. State, Penn State, Virginia and Virginia Tech.
No question, he’s among the best we’ve ever had at North,” said Lewis, particularly [b]comparing Sullivan to former Vikings star[/b] Jamie Skeen, who signed with Wake Forest in 2006; [b]and DeMarco Johnson, who starred for the Charlotte 49ers in the late ’90s and was a second-round draft pick of the NBA’s New York Knicks[/b].

Says he’s a better perimeter player than Skeen or Demarco were in HS, but can’t post up as well.

Hopefully we’re putting on a full court press for Bernard. Sounds like a great player, with huge upside due to his versatility.

I don’t too excited about HS guys, Beasley was the glaring exception, but I would love to get this kid.

Local with a huge upside- great for the program.

Any one know when we should start hearing about about next year signees? I guess we can get verbals now right like that one pg we just got…

the waiting is driving me nuts. It’s like the feeling of waiting until Valentine’s Day to get your girl a present. ( I know, you all did)

has anyone seen him at any of our games?

I’m gonna go catch his game today…should be a good one.

Can we get him to sing the National Anthem before one of our games?

[quote=“cibik02, post:5, topic:22370”]Any one know when we should start hearing about about next year signees? I guess we can get verbals now right like that one pg we just got…

the waiting is driving me nuts. It’s like the feeling of waiting until Valentine’s Day to get your girl a present. ( I know, you all did)[/quote]

Hell, I’m still waiting to get her a present…

[quote=“Lew, post:9, topic:22370”][quote=“cibik02, post:5, topic:22370”]Any one know when we should start hearing about about next year signees? I guess we can get verbals now right like that one pg we just got…

the waiting is driving me nuts. It’s like the feeling of waiting until Valentine’s Day to get your girl a present. ( I know, you all did)[/quote]

Hell, I’m still waiting to get her a present…[/quote]

and she’s still waiting to give you hers huh… sad. Get urself plenty of tissues.

Sullivan really needs to work on posting up, don’t think he posted up but a few times the whole game. Likes to bring the ball down the court, and work from the top of the key. Hes definitely got the size to play down low. Still got another year of high school to improve on that.

Sullivan sits down for a chat with his coach (and tickles the ivories too!). Mentions that he is being recruited by the Niners.

CharlotteObserver.com: Prep Hoops: Bernard Sullivan

[quote=“run49er, post:12, topic:22370”]Sullivan sits down for a chat with his coach (and tickles the ivories too!). Mentions that he is being recruited by the Niners.

CharlotteObserver.com: Prep Hoops: Bernard Sullivan[/quote]

Will end up at Clemson most likely. Same old story, I’m afraid.

I don’t think this is a good move for him if he decides to transfer. The conference he is in now is one of the top (if not the top) conferences in the state. First Assembly doesn’t usually have a tough schedule, so I wonder what he his thinking considering that school.

[quote=“LeftyNiner, post:13, topic:22370”][quote=“run49er, post:12, topic:22370”]Sullivan sits down for a chat with his coach (and tickles the ivories too!). Mentions that he is being recruited by the Niners.

CharlotteObserver.com: Prep Hoops: Bernard Sullivan[/quote]

Will end up at Clemson most likely. Same old story, I’m afraid.[/quote]

Maybe with Purnell out, we can sway him our way with Major’s ability to develop bigs.

Absolutely. We must be on this guy.

[quote=“ConcordNiners, post:14, topic:22370”]http://prepinsiders.blogspot.com/2010/04/north-meck-basketball-star-bernard.html

I don’t think this is a good move for him if he decides to transfer. The conference he is in now is one of the top (if not the top) conferences in the state. First Assembly doesn’t usually have a tough schedule, so I wonder what he his thinking considering that school.[/quote]

based on that article looks like he is looking for academics. not sure if charlotte makes the cut depending on the major

[quote=“warpedball, post:17, topic:22370”][quote=“ConcordNiners, post:14, topic:22370”]http://prepinsiders.blogspot.com/2010/04/north-meck-basketball-star-bernard.html

I don’t think this is a good move for him if he decides to transfer. The conference he is in now is one of the top (if not the top) conferences in the state. First Assembly doesn’t usually have a tough schedule, so I wonder what he his thinking considering that school.[/quote]

based on that article looks like he is looking for academics. not sure if charlotte makes the cut depending on the major[/quote]

Last I checked, Clemson wasn’t that high on the academic scale.

DeMarco might have a decent shot at bringing him in if he’s made to be an assistant. I believe Sullivan has the same coach DeMarco had in high school. Pretty sure there was an article a while back with a quote from Sullivan’s coach saying he was the best he’d had since DeMarco.

[quote=“Ninerballin, post:18, topic:22370”][quote=“warpedball, post:17, topic:22370”][quote=“ConcordNiners, post:14, topic:22370”]http://prepinsiders.blogspot.com/2010/04/north-meck-basketball-star-bernard.html

based on that article looks like he is looking for academics. not sure if charlotte makes the cut depending on the major[/quote]

Last I checked, Clemson wasn’t that high on the academic scale.[/quote]

They are ranked 61st in the nation by US News & World Report. They cut several programs that weren’t ranked very high in order to up the rankings of their overall school and it worked. Not sure how I’d feel about us doing that, but we do have several programs that weigh us down a lot.