Bernard Sullivan 2011 PF

i agree, we havent been great lately and im not suprised we didnt make the final four but penn state isnt a good program and the fans there dont care about basketball.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:25, topic:22370”][quote=“moss2k, post:24, topic:22370”]new Rivals.com article - http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1085339

Sullivan listed Clemson, Virginia Tech, Virginia and Penn State as his top four schools that have offered.
[/quote] penn state? really? i undestand the others but come one, penn state?[/quote]

He’s high on academics.

i agree, we havent been great lately and im not suprised we didnt make the final four but penn state isnt a good program and the fans there dont care about basketball.[/quote]
But it is a good school… He seems like a well rounded kid

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:28, topic:22370”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:25, topic:22370”][quote=“moss2k, post:24, topic:22370”]new Rivals.com article - http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1085339

Sullivan listed Clemson, Virginia Tech, Virginia and Penn State as his top four schools that have offered.
[/quote] penn state? really? i undestand the others but come one, penn state?[/quote]

He’s high on academics.[/quote]
and. that would make more sense if we were talking about virginia but penn state is a good but not great school academically. a degree from penn state is not difference than a degree from charlotte to the average employer except that they are more well known.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:30, topic:22370”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:28, topic:22370”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:25, topic:22370”][quote=“moss2k, post:24, topic:22370”]new Rivals.com article - http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1085339

and. that would make more sense if we were talking about virginia but penn state is a good but not great school academically. a degree from penn state is not difference than a degree from charlotte to the average employer except that they are more well known.[/quote]

Unfortunately though, some of these people doing the hiring have the idea in their head that because the school has a bigger name it is automatically better. Which we all know is a crock.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:30, topic:22370”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:28, topic:22370”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:25, topic:22370”][quote=“moss2k, post:24, topic:22370”]new Rivals.com article - http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1085339

and. that would make more sense if we were talking about virginia but penn state is a good but not great school academically. a degree from penn state is not difference than a degree from charlotte to the average employer except that they are more well known.[/quote]

Not to be a dick and point out the grammatical errors here, but you’re not very good at disproving them as a better institution.

Most Big Ten schools, are far from slouches academically. Are they UVA, no, but I wouldn’t attempt to compare to them.

PSU has one of the best Engineering programs in the nation…hell…all of those are good engr schools

[quote=“Savio, post:33, topic:22370”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:30, topic:22370”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:28, topic:22370”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:25, topic:22370”][quote=“moss2k, post:24, topic:22370”]new Rivals.com article - http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1085339

PSU has one of the best Engineering programs in the nation…hell…all of those are good engr schools[/quote]
im sure it is. im not penn state isnt a good school but you guys are acting like they are elite academically, which they are not. virginia is, va. tech is a very good school also. penn state is on the same level academically as a school like kansas state, who we talked much trash about during the whole beasley thing.

We have a damn good engineering program too.

Glad to read we’re still in the hunt.

In fact, that are NO slouches in the Big Ten, as every institution is a member of the AAU. And it’s no coincidence that all the schools being mentioned for expansion - sans Notre Dame - are also AAU members.

ninerfan55, stop Omar Cartering.

explain.

new article out on rivals - we are not in his top five. He’s looking at Virginia, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Penn State and Davidson. Odom was his lead recruiter at VT.

Okay, SAT question time Bernard.

Which of the following schools is not comparable to the other schools listed when it comes to athletics?

a) Virginia
b) Virginia Tech
c) Clemson
d) Penn State
e) Davidson

Davidson? WTF? I mean, really?

Which of the following schools is not comparable to the other schools listed when it comes to athletics?

a) Virginia
b) Virginia Tech
c) Clemson
d) Penn State
e) Davidson

Davidson? WTF? I mean, really?[/quote]

Academically its wonderful and it would stamp a ticket to just about any graduate school he wanted to attend (assuming he wants to do so). He’d probably get starting time ASAP too if he’s such a talent. Not to mention its VERY close to home, and right down the road from N.Meck. I get the impression this kid isn’t planning on an NBA career. That or he’s planning to do the smart thing and have a really strong backup plan for if it doesn’t pan out. I don’t blame him for it.

I hope we’re still in the hunt for this one though. Depending on his major we could be a great choice for all of the listed reasons for Davidson - not to mention he has great graduate school opportunities here that he could shoot straight in to (assuming grades suffice) if he wants to pursue that line after basketball. Does he have more of a basketball future at Charlotte though over Davidson? Absolutely.

a) Virginia
b) Virginia Tech
c) Clemson
d) Penn State
e) Davidson

Academically its wonderful and it would stamp a ticket to just about any graduate school he wanted to attend (assuming he wants to do so). He’d probably get starting time ASAP too if he’s such a talent. Not to mention its VERY close to home, and right down the road from N.Meck. I get the impression this kid isn’t planning on an NBA career. That or he’s planning to do the smart thing and have a really strong backup plan for if it doesn’t pan out. I don’t blame him for it.

I hope we’re still in the hunt for this one though. Depending on his major we could be a great choice for all of the listed reasons for Davidson - not to mention he has great graduate school opportunities here that he could shoot straight in to (assuming grades suffice) if he wants to pursue that line after basketball. Does he have more of a basketball future at Charlotte though over Davidson? Absolutely.[/quote]

If he’s really that smart and that good of a basketball player, I would look to the Ivy League long before a SoCon school. I’m sure he would have no problem playing basketball, and any of those are a lot better than Favidson.

penn state? really?

a) Virginia
b) Virginia Tech
c) Clemson
d) Penn State
e) Davidson

I hope we’re still in the hunt for this one though. Depending on his major we could be a great choice for all of the listed reasons for Davidson - not to mention he has great graduate school opportunities here that he could shoot straight in to (assuming grades suffice) if he wants to pursue that line after basketball. Does he have more of a basketball future at Charlotte though over Davidson? Absolutely.[/quote]

If he’s really that smart and that good of a basketball player, I would look to the Ivy League long before a SoCon school. I’m sure he would have no problem playing basketball, and any of those are a lot better than Favidson.[/quote]

However, the Ivies do not offer exclusive athletic scholarships.

Really dude? We’ve discussed this once already.

a) Virginia
b) Virginia Tech
c) Clemson
d) Penn State
e) Davidson

If he’s really that smart and that good of a basketball player, I would look to the Ivy League long before a SoCon school. I’m sure he would have no problem playing basketball, and any of those are a lot better than Favidson.[/quote]

However, the Ivies do not offer exclusive athletic scholarships.[/quote]

They don’t call them “athletic” scholarships, but it’s money set aside to lure athletes. They can call it whatever kind of scholarship they want, but if it’s scholarship money only for athletes it’s pretty much an athletic scholarship, no?

a) Virginia
b) Virginia Tech
c) Clemson
d) Penn State
e) Davidson

However, the Ivies do not offer exclusive athletic scholarships.

Really dude? We’ve discussed this once already.[/quote]
i know. it still doesnt make any sense.