Best albums of all time

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Jan 3 2005, 04:30 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Jan 3 2005, 04:30 PM)

Slaughter - The Wild Life. :unsure:

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 04:32 PM [b] Slaughter - The Wild Life. :unsure: [/b]
Funny you should mention Slaughter because they are probably one of my favorite hair bands. Saw them a few times and even got to give a nice "high 5" to Mark Slaughter the last time they played Charlotte when he came out on to the lawn of Verizon. :P Stick It To Ya is their best album though.

I saw the Crue several times but the Dr. Feelgood tour was the best. As far as their music though, I liked their much earlier, non mainstream albums like Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil more than anything post Theater of Pain.

My favorite hair bands were Slaughter, Kix, LA Guns, Faster Pu$$ycat, Skid Row, Cinderella, Trixter, RATT and Dokken. But I liked Poison, Bon Jovi, the Crue and other biggies also. But in their primes, the Crue put on the best live show. Tommy Lee was insane on most of their tours in the late 80’s/early 90’s.

Was never a big fan of Winger or Nelson though. :stuck_out_tongue: Just something rubs me the wrong way about a some dude in spandex singing:

I’m only seventeen
But I"ll show you love like you’ve never seen
She’s only seventeen
Daddy says she’s too young
But she’s old enough for me

:scared:

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 04:01 PM [b] Firehouse. [/b]
I saw them at some hole in the wall nightclub called "Rocky's (at the time) on Independence Blvd. back in the early 90's. Saw 38 Special and David Lee Roth there too. Was pretty odd seeing Diamond Dave play in a little night club in front of about 50 people considering where he was playing when Van Halen was in their prime. Oh well...anything for a buck I guess. He still puts on a good show though and had uptown Charlotte in a frenzy the year before last when he performed at the square.

Did I miss it, or has nobody listed Pyromania yet? Overplayed, yes, but definitely one without a bad song on it.

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 06:32 PM [b] Did I miss it, or has nobody listed Pyromania yet? Overplayed, yes, but definitely one without a bad song on it. [/b]
Good album but I got so turned off by "Rock of Ages" due to overplay that I got sick of it. I like [i]High N' Dry[/i] better and [i]Hysteria[/i] of course. Mutt Lange did a great job with them on their first four albums.

Still blows me away to this day that Rick Allen was able to overcome his accident and still play drums like that. Amazing.

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 07:32 PM [b] Did I miss it, or has nobody listed Pyromania yet? Overplayed, yes, but definitely one without a bad song on it. [/b]
Definetely needs to be up there...

I forgot one of my all time favorites: Outfield- Play Deep (it changed my life.)

One more to add to my list

Outkast–Stankonia. I loved the blend of funk, jazz, hip hop, rap, soul and every other music in one album. Definitely a favorite CD.

PS Some of you guys have some really good insights. Keep posting more, I’m a diverse music person so it’s nice to hear some recommendations from people more knowledgeable about certain genre’s.

Outkast are amazing. Stankonia is great, but I always liked Aquemini better. “Skew it on the Bar-b” is probably my favorite Outkast song.

I could post in this thread for a long, long, long time. I like talking about music, there’s so much left for me to learn.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 06:39 PM [b]

Still blows me away to this day that Rick Allen was able to overcome his accident and still play drums like that. Amazing. [/b]

The Drummer from Def Leppard’s only got one arm, the drummer from Def Leppard’s only got one arm.

[b]Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies Candlebox - Candlebox Eric Clapton - Unplugged Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold as Love Led Zeppelin - IV Pearl Jam - Ten Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon Soundgarden - Superunknown Stone Temple Pilots - Core The Beatles - The White Album[/b]

All GOOD choices… to add:

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Guns 'N Roses - Appetite For Destruction
Chicago - Chicago II
Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic, as welll as Get A Grip
Green Day - Dookie
Black Label Society - 1919 Eternal
Ozzy Osbourne - The Ozzman Cometh
Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Soul for Rock n Roll
AC/DC - Back in Black

[i]Originally posted by 49erDrummer[/i]@Jan 4 2005, 06:29 AM [b] Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Soul for Rock n Roll [/b]
I was going to add that to my list but LutzFan prefaced by saying not to include "best of" CD's and Sold Our Souls is a compilation of previous released material but it's still great. "The Wizard" is probably my favorite Sabbath song.

Cowboys From Hell is superb. I went through a big Pantera phase during my early college years. Vulgar Display of Power was good too but CFH was a bit more raw and natural for them. A shame about Dimebag though…that man had some serious talent.

Appetite was a good CD but I felt like the majority of songs on there got too much radio /MTV play. Lies is another good G N’ R CD but then again, they didn’t really have a bad one in my opinion.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jan 4 2005, 07:58 AM [b] Lies is another good G N' R CD but then again, they didn't really have a bad one in my opinion. [/b]
I thought the Spagatti Incident sucked. I'm glad to see all the other members of GnR doing well in Velvet Revolver while Axl still tries to hold on to an unoriginal GnR that no one cares about.

I was glad to hear Wanted Dead or Alive on the Fox a few weeks ago. I wish they would play more hairbands because there is a market out there for it. New rock sucks IMO, I probably spend more money on hair band greatest hits albums than I do on new stuff.

Saw Poison a few years ago when they came to town. They put on one of the best shows I’ve seen. Also saw Diamond Dave and Sammy Hagar when they toured together. Sammy was great, Dave needs to hang it up. He sounded good but what a boring stage show.

A few more albums I like:
Evanescence - good stuff
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Audio Slave
Metallica - Black album

[i]Originally posted by CPA_Niner[/i]@Jan 4 2005, 09:14 AM [b] I thought the Spagatti Incident sucked. I'm glad to see all the other members of GnR doing well in Velvet Revolver while Axl still tries to hold on to an unoriginal GnR that no one cares about. [/b]
He flat out lost it awhile back. Seriously, I don't think he's playing with a full deck these days. VR's album is really good and it's nice to see them (along with Scott of STP) doing well.

CPA, I have a FANTASTIC 4-CD set of hair band stuff I created a few years ago you’d love. Can burn you a copy of each if you’re ever interested. Even named the set “Hair Are They Now?” :stuck_out_tongue:

Poison was great at Verizon but they’ve always put on a good show. Will be curious to see if Motley Crue can still pull it off because the last time I saw them, Vince was HORRIBLE but maybe his recent makeover and the chemistry of the original members will be a good thing for them. Dr. Feelgood tour was the last show they did that I thought was worth the ticket price.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 11:38 AM [b] Hootie and the Blowfish - Cracked Rear View [/b]
Ok, I confess... I like that one too. I didn't want to put it on my list for fear of getting mocked, :ph34r: but after seeing some of the stuff everone else has admitted to I don't feel so bad admitting this one anymore. ;) Their second album [i]Fairweather Johnson[/i] was also good... not sure what happened to them after that.

While I’m confessing… I also like all three of Matchbox 20’s albums. Kind of a chick band I guess, but Rob Thomas is really talented. Anyone like their stuff?

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan+Jan 6 2005, 08:28 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LutzFan @ Jan 6 2005, 08:28 PM)
[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Jan 6 2005, 07:28 PM [b] Ok, I confess... I like that one too. I didn't want to put it on my list for fear of getting mocked, :ph34r: but after seeing some of the stuff everone else has admitted to I don't feel so bad admitting this one anymore. ;) [/b]
Hey, don't be mocking my Purple Rain selection. :fastgun: :P

I like Cracked Rear View a lot as well but it ran it’s course. I still enjoy coming across “Let Her Cry” on the radio/satellite. Good song and they’re really good live.

[b]Still blows me away to this day that Rick Allen was able to overcome his accident and still play drums like that. Amazing.[/b]

Any decent drummer could do what Rick Allen does. In a regular 4-limbed set up, the right foot never moves off the bass drum pedal, and the left usually stays on the hi-hat (unless you have double bass). So all you have to do is teach yourself to move your feet a little more and hit some of the triggers Allen has down there.

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 05:31 PM [b]
[b]Still blows me away to this day that Rick Allen was able to overcome his accident and still play drums like that. Amazing.[/b]

Any decent drummer could do what Rick Allen does. In a regular 4-limbed set up, the right foot never moves off the bass drum pedal, and the left usually stays on the hi-hat (unless you have double bass). So all you have to do is teach yourself to move your feet a little more and hit some of the triggers Allen has down there. [/b]

What do YOU know about playing drums? F’ing know-it-all.

:slight_smile:

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 05:31 PM [b] Any decent drummer could do what Rick Allen does. In a regular 4-limbed set up, the right foot never moves off the bass drum pedal, and the left usually stays on the hi-hat (unless you have double bass). So all you have to do is teach yourself to move your feet a little more and hit some of the triggers Allen has down there. [/b]
If [i]any[/i] decent drummer could play as well as Rick Allen, there would be far less starving musicians out there who aren't half as good as they aspire to be. Give the man some credit. Majority of people would have never picked up a drumstick again after a tragedy like that.

You need to hurry up and get married Sideshow…you’re getting awfully cynical lately. :stuck_out_tongue: