Best Comment Ever on 49ers Basketball Story

Another painful season comes to an end for the Charlotte Men’s Basketball program. Does anyone in the Country, much less this city, even notice or care? Absolutely not. Years ago, this was not a team of invisibility, nor a team to be ignored by other respected Men’s Basketball programs. Throughout the demise of the Charlotte Men’s Basketball program, coaches and players have come and gone, but one thing remains constant: Judy Rose.
The Title IX wicked Athletic Directing witch, the one whose main goal was to ensure equality for both genders in athletics, has completely lost sight of what makes money and headlines at Universities. Judy Rose should not take credit for Halton Arena, and she should not receive one accolade for the acceptance of the new Football program at Charlotte. The University has accomplished this, in spite of Judy Rose. This feminist Athletic Director has done everything possible to financially cripple the Men’s Basketball program, and she has made every effort to stop the Football program. Her agenda was about Women’s sports and allowing the female athletics to rule this particular University.
Judy Rose set out to make her mark on college athletic scene by enforcing, and reinforcing Title IX. She could have cared less that the real money and exposure comes from Men’s programs, primarily in Football and Basketball. Judy Rose wanted to become a trail blazer, someone who would be known as the Queen of Title IX, no matter how it adversely affected a University’s Athletic Department finances. Judy Rose wanted to return the ideology of college athletics back to being about something so simple as just having students participate in sports.
You say to yourself, “what is wrong with that,” but the dynamics of college athletics has changed from the 1950’s. College Athletics IS all about marketing, public relations, and money. It is about booster, corporate and Alumni financial backing, as well as TV exposure. This brings more enrollment demand for students on all levels, which is about…money. This is about popularity and being able to pick and choose the best and the brightest students, along with student athletes in the Country. When you have such demand, you can earn more…money. It’s not just for Athletics; it’s for All Departments, as people want to be associated with the Charlotte brand.
Judy Rose has always been out for Judy Rose. She simply wants to leave her carbon footprint on female college athletics. Sure, the Men’s Baseball and Soccer programs have been successful, too. Yet, there’s no great exposure or financial gain in either of those sports. It’s about Men’s Basketball and Football. Judy Rose has failed to keep up with the success of the Men’s Basketball program of the 90’s and before. Therefore, Judy Rose, the only constant in the Charlotte Athletics Department, needs to go.
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/03/07/3075380/hawks-end-49ers-season.html#storylink=cpy

I saw this comment today and was going to mention it on NNN… It’s an interesting theory that I probably agree somewhat on.

No one can accuse me of being a “Judyist”. I’ve had significant criticisms of this AD for some time. This comment however assumes a malicious intent on Judy’s part to “kill” men’s basketball in pursuit of “feminist” ideology, which quite frankly is crap. Had the argument been that she was complacent and let things happen to us without actively trying to direct the course of those events, then I quite possibly could have accepted some of the more rational parts of this; but trying to turn her into a raging, man hating, feminazi is really jumping the shark.

I just learned today that it was actually the Niner Nation message board that got football for the University.

I didn’t realize how powerful a force in the world this board could be. Will the board support Obama or Romney in the 2012 election? Possibly in a coup d’etat it will throw the Republican convention to Santorum.

The FBI is monitoring the shout box for clues.

[quote=“LiberalAtheistNiner, post:4, topic:26484”]I just learned today that it was actually the Niner Nation message board that got football for the University.

I didn’t realize how powerful a force in the world this board could be. Will the board support Obama or Romney in the 2012 election? Possibly in a coup d’etat it will throw the Republican convention to Santorum.

The FBI is monitoring the shout box for clues.[/quote]

I was not aware of the FBI part. good to know.

What he said.

Now if you add that to what all you knew before today, you now know one thing that is without a doubt correct. Take that to the grave.

What he said.[/quote]

Thank you for the massive dose of ignorant misogyny.

Thank you for setting the discussion and the fanbase back 50 years, you ridiculous idiot.

I am embarassed to be a Niner fan.

[quote=“joeniner, post:1, topic:26484”]Another painful season comes to an end for the Charlotte Men’s Basketball program. Does anyone in the Country, much less this city, even notice or care? Absolutely not. Years ago, this was not a team of invisibility, nor a team to be ignored by other respected Men’s Basketball programs. Throughout the demise of the Charlotte Men’s Basketball program, coaches and players have come and gone, but one thing remains constant: Judy Rose.
The Title IX wicked Athletic Directing witch, the one whose main goal was to ensure equality for both genders in athletics, has completely lost sight of what makes money and headlines at Universities. Judy Rose should not take credit for Halton Arena, and she should not receive one accolade for the acceptance of the new Football program at Charlotte. The University has accomplished this, in spite of Judy Rose. This feminist Athletic Director has done everything possible to financially cripple the Men’s Basketball program, and she has made every effort to stop the Football program. Her agenda was about Women’s sports and allowing the female athletics to rule this particular University.
Judy Rose set out to make her mark on college athletic scene by enforcing, and reinforcing Title IX. She could have cared less that the real money and exposure comes from Men’s programs, primarily in Football and Basketball. Judy Rose wanted to become a trail blazer, someone who would be known as the Queen of Title IX, no matter how it adversely affected a University’s Athletic Department finances. Judy Rose wanted to return the ideology of college athletics back to being about something so simple as just having students participate in sports.
You say to yourself, “what is wrong with that,” but the dynamics of college athletics has changed from the 1950’s. College Athletics IS all about marketing, public relations, and money. It is about booster, corporate and Alumni financial backing, as well as TV exposure. This brings more enrollment demand for students on all levels, which is about…money. This is about popularity and being able to pick and choose the best and the brightest students, along with student athletes in the Country. When you have such demand, you can earn more…money. It’s not just for Athletics; it’s for All Departments, as people want to be associated with the Charlotte brand.
Judy Rose has always been out for Judy Rose. She simply wants to leave her carbon footprint on female college athletics. Sure, the Men’s Baseball and Soccer programs have been successful, too. Yet, there’s no great exposure or financial gain in either of those sports. It’s about Men’s Basketball and Football. Judy Rose has failed to keep up with the success of the Men’s Basketball program of the 90’s and before. Therefore, Judy Rose, the only constant in the Charlotte Athletics Department, needs to go.
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/03/07/3075380/hawks-end-49ers-season.html#storylink=cpy[/quote]

Hey moron, do you even know that we are currently #6 in the Capital Cup which is award to the country’s best athletic program??? We are ahead of Stanford, Oregon, USC and Wisconsin to name a few. Athletic Directors should be judged by their teams performance and the facilities they are able to get built. If you remove basketball which we currently suck at, we have dominated our conference in every other sport and have by far the most conference titles since we have entered the A-10.
As for our facilities, people who know about such things ie Coaches all consistantly say we have some of the best in the country.

As for basketball, she fired Lutz(which 90% of the fanbase wanted at the time) eating 2 mil. And made a hire that everyone in the business said was a good one. It remains to be seen if that is the case but time will tell. All I know is every other coach she has hired and that has left us, has left us for the likes of Kentucky, Florida, Miami, Stanford and Duke.

As for Football, I know a little bit about what Judy has done in that area. When we first dreamed of Football we hoped we could play in Memorial Stadium and our first head coach may have been a coordinator from someplace like App ST. Well reality is a shit ton better than our dreams because we will start from the get go in an on campus state of the art facility with a coaching staff with more former BSC coordinators than any school in FSC and a Head Coach that is one of the top 5 highest paid coaches before we even take the field.

So please make all the dumbass posts you want but at least preface it in the beginning with “I have no idea what I’m talking about BUT,”

Meanwhile letting all sports that actually do make a profit suffer.

Please list ALL of these profitable sports for me and tell me how they are suffering??

[quote=“joeniner, post:11, topic:26484”]Meanwhile letting all sports that actually do make a profit suffer.[/quote]We don’t have ANY profitable sports.

We rely on student fees to break even.

The only time we’ve ever possibly turned a profit was when we were receiving several NCAA units all at once.

If your boy Lutz had not had a five year NCAA drought maybe we wouldn’t have to rely so heavily on student fees to turn a faux profit.

Football won’t be profitable either unless we land in an FBS conference with respectable TV revenue. If we hope to turn a profit on our football venture, it’s Alliance or bust.

Anything below the Alliance is not going to generate enough revenue to cover costs.

[quote=“Jimmyhat49er, post:10, topic:26484”][quote=“joeniner, post:1, topic:26484”]Another painful season comes to an end for the Charlotte Men’s Basketball program. Does anyone in the Country, much less this city, even notice or care? Absolutely not. Years ago, this was not a team of invisibility, nor a team to be ignored by other respected Men’s Basketball programs. Throughout the demise of the Charlotte Men’s Basketball program, coaches and players have come and gone, but one thing remains constant: Judy Rose.
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/03/07/3075380/hawks-end-49ers-season.html#storylink=cpy[/quote]

Hey moron, do you even know that we are currently #6 in the Capital Cup which is award to the country’s best athletic program? ??? We are ahead of Stanford, Oregon, USC and Wisconsin to name a few. Athletic Directors should be judged by their teams performance and the facilities they are able to get built. If you remove basketball which we currently suck at, we have dominated our conference in every other sport and have by far the most conference titles since we have entered the A-10.
As for our facilities, people who know about such things ie Coaches all consistantly say we have some of the best in the country.

As for basketball, she fired Lutz(which 90% of the fanbase wanted at the time) eating 2 mil. And made a hire that everyone in the business said was a good one. It remains to be seen if that is the case but time will tell. All I know is every other coach she has hired and that has left us, has left us for the likes of Kentucky, Florida, Miami, Stanford and Duke.

As for Football, I know a little bit about what Judy has done in that area. When we first dreamed of Football we hoped we could play in Memorial Stadium and our first head coach may have been a coordinator from someplace like App ST. Well reality is a s*** ton better than our dreams because we will start from the get go in an on campus state of the art facility with a coaching staff with more former BSC coordinators than any school in FSC and a Head Coach that is one of the top 5 highest paid coaches before we even take the field.

So please make all the dumbass posts you want but at least preface it in the beginning with “I have no idea what I’m talking about BUT,”[/quote]

[golf clap]

[quote=“LiberalAtheistNiner, post:4, topic:26484”]I just learned today that it was actually the Niner Nation message board that got football for the University.

The FBI is monitoring the shout box for clues.[/quote]

I’m going to put this to you in a way that someone in any generation can understand:

Fuck you.

LAN talking sh*t about CFI. WTF?

My thoughts exactly, as well as wondering when did Rush start posting here. Might as well go ahead and recurrect the libel against Bonnie Cone as relates to why the original football program was terminated!!!

BTW, using “feminist” in the pejorative against Judy really doesn’t hold any water when one recalls the 1994 flap over lights for the softball field.

Google.com: UNCC, feds in rhubarb over softball field lights

Geez! ::slight_smile:

My thoughts exactly, as well as wondering when did Rush start posting here. Might as well go ahead and recurrect the libel against Bonnie Cone as relates to why the original football program was terminated!!!

BTW, using “feminist” in the pejorative against Judy really doesn’t hold any water when one recalls the 1994 flap over lights for the softball field.

Google.com: UNCC, feds in rhubarb over softball field lights

Geez! ::)[/quote]

The girls have a double-header today, so they might actually use the lights tonight. I do wonder how often since '94 we’ve had actual night games for the girls. If I remember correctly, the baseball field lights were donated, and the ladies softball coach at the time filed a complaint over it?

Hi NLP

Nice chatting with you.

Are you angered by my comments?

All I can say is think about them. You may learn learn something if you have any intelligence.

[quote=“LiberalAtheistNiner, post:19, topic:26484”]Hi NLP

Nice chatting with you.

Are you angered by my comments?

All I can say is think about them. You may learn learn something if you have any intelligence.[/quote]

You sound Baby Boomer-ish.