Best NBA PF(since 1980)

[size=3]PICK 3!!![/size]

With Dirk Nowitzki playing well in the 2011 playoffs, I thought it would be interesting to see who you guys think is the best PF since 1980. I picked 1980 since most people on here have seen these guys play at some point. I’ve allowed 3 votes per user to increase the over all # of votes, to help determine 2nd, 3rd, etc. In other words, if I only allowed 1 vote per user and only 20 people vote, then the results might be came back something like Charles Barkley = 12 votes and Karl Malone received 8 votes.

Also, for the purposes of this poll, Tim Duncan was considered a Center, Moses Malone was considered a Center, Larry Bird was considered a SF, Amare Stoudemire was considered a Center and Bernard King a SF. Glenn Robinson, Rasheed Wallace, Antonio McDyess, Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, Horace Grant(and many others) were considered to not be good enough to be included. Yes, it is subjective.

Amar’e plays more SF/PF than C.

This was surprisingly easy: Malone, Dirk, Barkley. Amazingly, no championships between them.

Definitely not SF. He has a career reb avg on 9 per game. You could argue that depending on the roster make up, he may be a PF. But besides playing 2 seasons with Shaq, he’s mostly been guarded by the other team’s center.

Definitely not SF. He has a career reb avg on 9 per game. You could argue that depending on the roster make up, he may be a PF. But besides playing 2 seasons with Shaq, he’s mostly been guarded by the other team’s center.[/quote]

A rebound stat determines the position?

Well, mostly I was doing it off of who he guarded and who guarded him.

But sure, rebounding can determine a position(see Charles Barkley). Generally speaking, SFs average less rebounds and shoot more 3s than Stoudemire has in his career.

Amare has never played a single second of SF. PB I’m really not seeing where you’re getting that from. But that’s off topic. I went with (in no particular order): Malone, Garnett, and Barkley.

Sometimes I think people forget what KG used to be. Keep in mind, he’s a shell of his former self. In Minnesota he was knocking down jumpers, grabbing double digit rebounds, and posterizing every other big in the league.

Duncan was the best power forward ever. He played some center, but it wasn’t his natural / ideal position.

After that, Garnett and Malone. Nowitzki is gaining on them though.

[quote=“Chisox17, post:7, topic:25417”]Amare has never played a single second of SF. PB I’m really not seeing where you’re getting that from. But that’s off topic. I went with (in no particular order): Malone, Garnett, and Barkley.

Sometimes I think people forget what KG used to be. Keep in mind, he’s a shell of his former self. In Minnesota he was knocking down jumpers, grabbing double digit rebounds, and posterizing every other big in the league.[/quote]

You’re right. But he certainly is a PF.

Amare was stuck playing C with the Knicks and had to play it some in Phoenix. However, he is a PF and wants to play PF.

Duncan is the best PF of all time, but was not on the list.

I still don’t see Duncan as a PF. I see him as a C who lines up at PF.

Gilmore was a center.

If Duncan is gonna be listed as a C then I’m going with Chuck, Malone and Dirk.

I give the slight edge to Barkley for sentimental reasons.

clt asks where is rodney white?

Thanks. Total brain fart. I think I confused him with Elvin Hayes. ???

I went with Barkley, Malone, and McHale (in all honesty I have a heavy biased towards those Celtics as my dad was a huge C’s fan and had a lot of there games on tape).

It would be interesting to see how different Malone’s career would have been had he not played with Stockton for so long though.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:10, topic:25417”]Amare was stuck playing C with the Knicks and had to play it some in Phoenix. However, he is a PF and wants to play PF.

Duncan is the best PF of all time, but was not on the list.[/quote]

Amare admittedly is a tough one. And like I previously said, depending on roster, he very easily could play PF. But as it stands, in his 9 seasons in the league, he only had Shaq as C for 2 seasons. So he’s played Center for 7 seasons. When he made the All NBA First Team in 2007, it was as a C.

Duncan, to me, is just the opposite of Amare. He’s a C that’s played most of his minutes as PF. But that includes half of his career playing alongside David Robinson.

I say Malone, Garnett, and Barkley as well. But if Dirk keeps it up, I think he’s gonna knock somebody off of that list for me real soon.