Best Players in the City

There’s no doubt lots of talent in clt and meck county…heck that’s one of our advantages…would be great to see a preseason list of “all-city” targets…

i want to get those kids. we need to be able to convince some of those kids to stay home. if houston can do it, so can we.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:2, topic:27527”]i want to get those kids. we need to be able to convince some of those kids to stay home. if houston can do it, so can we.[/quote]Houston was moving to Big East, we’re moving to Conference USA. There’s a difference, for us to get top tier talent out of the city, we need to make some NCAA’s appearances.

We are really going to establish ourselves as a decent program before we start landing 4-star recruits on a regular.It’s even rare for ECU to land those guys. Marshall landed 2 this year and their fans think it has been their best recruiting year ever.

We as fans really need to keep things in perspective these first couple years. Right now, we have no postseason to offer commits until 2016 and no history to speak of.

I at first didn’t know if this thread was about football or basketball. In basketball, forget it. Keep working GA. In football, we are off to an incredible start with local kids. Tevin Lawshe was one Rivals rating point away from being a four star recruit. Khalif Phillips and Chris Duffy were pretty high profile local as well.

I say we develop the Dinkins pipeline at NCA. Dink has great ties to Jeff McInnis and other AAU coaches.

[quote=“MEGRNiner, post:6, topic:27527”]I say we develop the Dinkins pipeline at NCA. Dink has great ties to Jeff McInnis and other AAU coaches.[/quote]McInnis is actually on his staff at NCA. I think we’re running after Demery and Woods there, would love to get both of those in 2014.

Why? He wasn’t able or willing, not sure of the case, to help us land his nephew a few years ago.

Why? He wasn’t able or willing, not sure of the case, to help us land his nephew a few years ago.[/quote]

EXACTLY :-\

Why? He wasn’t able or willing, not sure of the case, to help us land his nephew a few years ago.[/quote]Different staff now right? Major seems to take a proactive approach into reaching out to former players to make sure they know they are welcome at anytime to come to practice, etc.

We def can do better with local talent - we have landed some great players that were Charlotte metro area so we can’t ignore it. It sure seems like Major understands the importance of getting these guys if we can. We aren’t going to land the city’s BEST players for awhile - but working those pipelines and getting HS staffs to trust Major with their kids can pay dividends down the road when the program is back to post season regularity.

Umm this is in the football recruiting forum.

Ah well how about that! As for football Lambert seems to be working local connections hard!

i thought it was basketball. my mistake.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:12, topic:27527”]Umm this is in the football recruiting forum.[/quote]I see that now, lol. Lambert has recruited well in Charlotte area, time will only tell if we can land some of the top talent here (4 stars and up)

Yeah, I know… I efffed up.

Check out eddie Petzke from Ardrey Kell high school. He is a great upcoming talent at running back, his brother Alex Petzke plays for the 49ers now. CHECK HIM OUT!!!

I’ll pass this on to Coach next time we play golf.