Beware of Magnet Thieves

2nd weekend in a row that I have heard of people getting magnets stolen off their cars during the games. Forgot to put mine in the car before heading in this week and they got one of mine in the Black lot.

Also had friends in the Union deck get theirs stolen this week.

Pretty bad we have to worry about our own people stealing our things.

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:1, topic:28238ā€]2nd weekend in a row that I have heard of people getting magnets stolen off their cars during the games. Forgot to put mine in the car before heading in this week and they got one of mine in the Black lot.

Also had friends in the Union deck get theirs stolen this week.

Pretty bad we have to worry about our own people stealing our things.[/quote]

Hate to hear that. Are we selling them?

That sucks. Demand is high which is a good thing

They prob have cameras. Although they would check for a low cost item like that it could lead to other things. I hate thieves.

For a small fee, along with tailgating food/drink, and a radio to listen to the game I will sit in the black lot and dispense justice. For I am the hero the black lot needs, but not the hero it deserves.

If anyone needs some magnets, I have some used ones for sale.

(Just kidding, of course)

This makes no sense. Itā€™s not like our campus is set up for a quick getaway during football games, and anyone moving the magnet to their own car in broad daylight is begging to get caught, and for a relatively low cost item. They must not have considered the Reward vs Risk factor.

I hope this has been reported to campus security.

We have had a hitch cover and a flag stolen during the first 2 games.

Next Goldmine blog entry will be how dangerous our parking situation is.

I sure hope you all are bringing this up to the AD. Obviously you shouldnā€™t leave valuables unsecured but no one takes magnets off cars and locks them up. Open lots would be easier to catch people then parking decks.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if these people arenā€™t also looking for unlocked cars.

Or just get window decals.

My magnet was stolen during the second summer session ā€“ so I just said to hell with it and didnā€™t get another one!

Use stickers.

They may take the normbulance next week

See if grays or school book store have had multiple magnet returns recently.

They can try! I will take flag down next week and I put up pretty much everything each week. My magnets are baked on the hood though they arenā€™t coming off any time soon without some tools.

clt is concerned about the zep.

Reminds me of the time I left my doors unlocked once as a student in a crappy vehicle to find out someone ā€œtriedā€ to steal my radio. When I installed the radio, I screwed it into the dash from the backside, so the theif nearly broke my entire dash trying to take it. Sad thing is, his IQ couldnā€™t have been very high because I had a $60 mobile battery jumper in the backseat just sitting there, and it was untouched.

Soā€¦ what do all those parking officials do when we head into the game?

Build on their magnet collection.

Apparently, somebody has figured out how magnets work.

Did I see the Charlotte Police Crime Prevention Tower in the Silver lot yesterday? It looked unextended as we left, if that was it.

Yeah b****!!! Magnets!!!

Breaking Bad humor.