"Big 4" Argument (former WF thread)

My sources say Wake is very interested.

My sources say Wake is very interested.

my sources say your sources should tell wake to look at your signature.

If we were a tourney team the last two years, then it would be a HUGE possibility, and yes the thought has crossed my mind a number of times the last few days, and when i heard the news.

As critical as I am of lutz, losing a coach at this time of the year would be brutal.

wondered how long 'til I heard this.

to the best of my knowledge, they’ve been interested in the past.

I doubt they (WFU) have had any serious discussion about replacements, yet.

However, when that time comes, if they decide to look past Prosser’s staff, I’d be surprised if they do not contact him.

The question will be, what will he do, if asked?

I would think that with the fact that we are in almost August they would simply elevate someone on Prosser’s staff. This would keep continuity for the season and hopefully retain the recruits they currently have signed. They would put a interim title on whoever is elevated and go from there. The chances of any coach being hired at this time of the year is highly unlikely.

[QUOTE=ninerID;250674]If we were a tourney team the last two years, then it would be a HUGE possibility,

As critical as I am of lutz, losing a coach at this time of the year would be brutal.[/QUOTE]

I see your point, but given the time of year of having to do this, I could see Wake looking beyond Lutz’ most recent team.

There is another part to this…not just WFU possibly calling Lutz…that is, will (or has) Lutz (or a representative of Lutz) called Wake?

No matter how good of a person the key players are, D1 basketball is cutthroat business.

I can’t believe it took this long for this thread to pop up.

I’m not sure Lutz can even afford to flirt with Wake right now if they were interested though. What would it say about him if he left only a couple months after his passionate “all in, Charlotte is where I really want to be” speech. You have to think even the Wake fans would be a little leary of someone who would make comments like that and then bolt for another job shortly thereafter.

Not happening. Not worth discussing.

Is there any word yet on any possible replacements? I’m not trying to be insensitive but if they went outside of the staff it could create another large domino effect, and at this point in the summer it would be interesting, to say the least.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;250680]Is there any word yet on any possible replacements? I’m not trying to be insensitive but if they went outside of the staff it could create another large domino effect, and at this point in the summer it would be interesting, to say the least.[/QUOTE]

I just don’t see ANY school making a hire at this time of the year. Too late to get a staff together and the impact to recruiting would be tough.

I honestly don’t see any other practical option other than promoting from current staff for this upcoming season. We’re too far along now to begin a coach searching process. Even if there was a legitimate option out there for Wake, I think it would do them more harm to go that route than just promote from within. Basketball becomes secondary with a tragedy like that and I would imagine that Wake will opt to just make do with what they have for now. Then they can begin a hiring process as this upcoming season comes to a close.

Edit: My comment about “Not worth discussing” was solely in regards to Lutz going to Wake. Discussing Wake’s dilemma is certainly fair game though.

I thought he was all in?

[QUOTE=jcl49er;250679]Not happening. Not worth discussing.[/QUOTE]

agreed

The recent recruits will be consulted and asked is they would be likely to keep their commitments if Deano Gaudio is named the Head Coach. If they say yes, he will be named the head coach, even if they don’t say yes for sure, he maybe given the job anyway if he wants it, just to maintain the continuity of the progam(though some might argue after the last 2 seasons that does not need to be a priority). Gaudio is the associate head coach amd has been a D-1 head coach in the past at Army.

If they don’t go in that direction, then Bobby will be a target and maybe their most likely target. He is the one coach out there that they know and like and he is someone you will take the job and Wake will not have to pay some huge buyout. Bobby has been a canidate for this job in the past and he could be again.

I would not blame of fault Bobby at all for leaving us for Wake.

I just don't see ANY school making a hire at this time of the year. Too late to get a staff together and the impact to recruiting would be tough.

I don’t seem them doing it either, but if they did, not only do I think it would jeopardize recruiting for them but could piss off any schools that could be affected by a new hire.

Can’t imagine Bobby actually being hired. I agree that they’ll simply elevate an assistant for this season. And if they came after Lutz it couldn’t be public at all. It’d have to a phone call that said, it’s your’s if you want it, we’re not interviewing anyone else. Dont’ think that’d fly.

Something to think about though is if Bobby turns it around this year he’d be high on their list for next year. Wouldn’t surprise me if they come calling then. But can’t see it happening now.

:confused:

Wake fans would demand Wellman be fired even if he called Bobby by accident.

someone needs to see if Bobby wears a black and gold tie to church tomorrow.

*By this I am refering to the tennesse orange tie from a few years ago.

The Athletic Dept. and basketball staff keep a more watchful eye on this site than might be thought (and if they don’t they need to be shaken up a little). So if this question came up an hour ago, we should hear something soon from Bobby himself. Otherwise, silence could be taken as a loud shout of his interest. Does he have a profile? If not, why?

Huh.

I can still see threads started by users on my ‘ignore list’.

How 'bout that.

Huh.

I can still see threads started by users on my ‘ignore list’.

How 'bout that.

Hope you’re refering to me! :moon: lol