Big Niner Victory in ACC Country

Couldn’t make it down for the game today in person, but took it in at Ham’s in Greensboro with some friends. There were like 10 TV’s and a big projector on showing the Wake-VTech game. The waitress didn’t want to switch the projector telling me “We can’t do that when an ACC game is on”. I informed her that this was a bigger game than any ACC game today and asked her nicely again to switch it. She did then switch the projector to the Charlotte game which drew immediate comments from ACC fans (none of whom were seriously watching the Wake game, they just didn’t think anything else should be shown) . Needless to say Charlotte stayed up on the projector and we lived it up. By the end of the game we had most of the place cheering for Charlotte. I call for making Ham’s the official place for Gboro Niners to take in the game. All who want to take this place over are welcome.

i REALLY want to play an ACC team in the NCAA tourney this year… i think we might end up playing duke or maryland

[i]Originally posted by Bballaeric20[/i]@Feb 5 2005, 11:32 PM [b] i REALLY want to play an ACC team in the NCAA tourney this year... i think we might end up playing duke or maryland [/b]
It looks like we will not wind up playing State. It looks like they'll be staying at home. I thought State had a chance to make it this year. After all, they have probably had the FIFTH best program in the state during the past 15 years.

Mineshaft, great job on converting the acc fans to some real basketball. In all honesty, that’s what the acc has been afraid of.

In the last 15 years “Scholar” NC State has played in a sweet 16. When was the last time your team made it that far??And If you kept up with State as much as you appear to, then you would know they have been hammered with injuries. The team that was rated early in the year isn’t even close to the one thats playing now. You missed your point guard for a game(and we know the results) and States was out for a month.

I swear you guys just got a quality win(your first)…STORMED THE COURT after beating the mighty No. 18 team in the land… and you still have to invoke the ACC in here somewhere. Yea Mike P keep the coverage coming. These guys especially this Over40 character seem to CARE so much about ACC basketball.

Oh I’m here because my relative post here some. Just wanted to see what he posted after a big win and whamo …some ACC talk for which I am interested. If you guys keep talking ACC maybe I will come back more often.

Hey Turd,

There’s about 100000000 other boards where they’re talking about probably the same thing, why don’t you go police them too so that the ACC doesn’t get slammed :rolleyes:

Hey turd. State sucks. Get over it.

Hey Turd, I advise you to avoid the NC State boards today. We were kind compared to your own fans. But thanks for reminding us of ancient history. Try comparing the Herb vs. Bobby days and see how far you get.

Turd -

I have many good friends who are NCSU alums and I like to see their school do well in football and basketball. NCSU has been covered in the Triangle, much like the Niners have been in Charlotte for the last 10 years or so. Granted, the ACC gets great coverage as a whole, but NCSU gets looked over for Tarhole and Dook press much of the time. Up until this year, Charlotte has not garnered great coverage on a consistent basis since we share a market with many ACC fans and we feel that as the “home town team” we should get more press. I must, however, thank Mr. Persinger and Jena Janovy for their wonderful coverage this year.

Most of our frustration with the ACC is not that its a terrible conference, but that there is high level basketball being played right here in Charlotte and many folks have no idea. I took a customer and his step-son to the game yesterday, both of whom are sports fans, but really only knew ACC teams. They were blown away by what they saw at Halton yesterday and look at the Niners in a different light today. I can attest that, unlike many fans in this state, they are no longer ignorant to the fact that Charlotte basketball is a quality product. For a team to be deemed successful just because they play in the ACC is a sham - but many people drink that coolaid. Many folks believe this crap, and that Turd, is what pisses us off.

Keep lurking on our board. Just realize that NCSU and Charlotte are much closer than NCSU is to Duke or North Carolina.

Go Niners! Take out Houston!

Ha, ha. You’re so f’n insecure TurdFurgeson.

Turd… Your name sort of fits you. I seem to recall sitting in State’s arena watching the Niners run up about a 40 point lead over State before emptying the bench.

FYI, in the last 15 years we have 3 times more NCAA appearances & 3 times more NCAA wins. Now, climb back on your tractor (nothing wrong with that) & drive away. You need to be worrying about Davidson & UNCW taking away State’s spot as the FIFTH best program in the state. Go tell them how good you are. They could also use a good laugh.

[i]Originally posted by TurdFurgeson[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 05:17 AM [b] In the last 15 years "Scholar" NC State has played in a sweet 16. When was the last time your team made it that far??And If you kept up with State as much as you appear to, then you would know they have been hammered with injuries. The team that was rated early in the year isn't even close to the one thats playing now. You missed your point guard for a game(and we know the results) and States was out for a month.

I swear you guys just got a quality win(your first)…STORMED THE COURT after beating the mighty No. 18 team in the land… and you still have to invoke the ACC in here somewhere. Yea Mike P keep the coverage coming. These guys especially this Over40 character seem to CARE so much about ACC basketball.

Oh I’m here because my relative post here some. Just wanted to see what he posted after a big win and whamo …some ACC talk for which I am interested. If you guys keep talking ACC maybe I will come back more often. [/b]

Turd,

You really had to stretch that 15 years out to find that Sweet 16 appearance. That’s a strong back-up to your arguement that UNC-Raleigh made the Sweet 16 in 19-freakin’- 89!

We have 3 quality wins as a matter of fact. Cincinnati, UAB, and La-La. How many quality wins does your banged up :weep: team have? La-La and Maryland? They certainly aren’t #18 in the nation either. At least Cincinnati is going to make the NCAA tournament. Maryland, we’re not so sure about.

…and in case you forgot…

It’s still a final: Niners 95 NC-Raleigh 78.

Turd, get flushed. I couldn’t give a rat’s ass about the ACC.