Big O Grievance Log

Are you tired of UNC Charlotte getting poor coverage in its own local newspaper?
Are you tired of all the lame excuses why?
Are you tired of other papers giving their local teams great coverage but ours never coming close?
Are you tired of all the misinformation and disinformation printed about our school by the Charlotte Observer?

Well now, from the makers of the “Name Confusion Log” comes… the “Big O Grievance Log.”

Anytime you find something messed up that the Big O has done, please post it here with links. If you have any previous stories please post those, preferabely with links. Also, if you can show that other papers give their local teams great coverage, that too will be very helpful.

In time, we hope to build a catalog so vast that no one can deny this injustice and changes will be made. We can send all the info to the Big O once the time is right, and if they do not heed our call, we can send all the info to the local TV stations. I’m sure they would love to do a story against the Big O since it would be good for their stations. I have a feeling FOX Charlotte would have our back.

[B]NOTICE: [/B]The Charlotte Observer takes stories down from their webpage after about 90 days or so I believe. If you post a link to a story it may eventually become dead after some time. For this reason, please try to also post a print screne of any page you link. This also goes for other papers as they may use the same practice.

[B]------------------[/B]
May 31st, 2007…there is no information about the 9ers being 5th in the NCAA Golf Championship in the Observer.

On charlotte.com…there is a 29 word expose about the niners in the tourny…but its under the “Duke Lacrosse gets an extra” year heading.
[B]------------------[/B]

[I][B]POST RESERVED FOR LATER USE[/B][/I]

does this site have the storage capacity to handle an observer grievance log?

does this site have the storage capacity to handle an observer grievance log?
LoL I think so. This may actually be a serious issue considering the recent problems we have had. Admins?

HP, comb that old library between your ears and give us some zingers

metro, I was here before the internet! I sat in Lee Rose’s office and listened to him complain on numerous occasions about the lack of coverage and the ACC spin machine 30 years ago. And honestly, not much has changed to this day in that respect.

Someone just needs to do a search of past threads about the Observer and post the NNN thread links here. There is plenty of proof and ownage. I just don’t have the energy or drive to research it. Sadly, the coverage that other “local” programs I read about (and I read newspaper links to every D-I program in NC/SC/VA) has gotten better, sans Charlotte. Their newspapers care about their local schools/teams. High Point’s newspaper has written about teams at UNC Greensboro recently, something that would have been unheard of in the past.

Today’s front page of the Greensboro News-Record sports page was 2/3 full with stories and color photos of a [B]non[/B]-ACC team/player/coach. It was of a University of Georgia tennis player, who hails from the city. John Isner, the No. 1 ranked player in the NCAA lost a third set tie-breaker Monday for the singles title. Refreshing to see something other than All-ACC, All the Time. It’s amazing the interest he generated the past two weeks, no less than eight articles in the News-Record about him. How many of those readers, really care… I mean, really care about tennis? And a UGA player, 4 years removed from Greensboro at that? But hey, Isner got the coverage, will the Observer provide the same type of front-page coverage/blogs on Shareese Woods at the NCAA Track & Field Championships? Place your bets.

About the only real positive I can say about the Observer’s coverage of the 49ers is that we have been blessed with fine writers with Jena Janovy and now, Jim Utter.

Is this a 49er sports-only list or can we list every issue we have with that pathetic excuse for a "news"paper?

wasn’t there a thread already dedicated to this?

or have the mighty powers that be been deleting stuff again?

This has probably been discussed elsewhere…but I’m too old to look. Also, I gave up on the Observer long ago.

However, just for laughs, I clicked on charlotte.com…and I have a simple question.

Why is this story on Charlotte.com?

http://www.charlotte.com/outdoors/story/139277.html

I’ve read it 3 times and have yet to see any reason for anyone in Charlotte to read it. If the 15 lb. fish caught in Union County in 1991 is newsworthy in 2007 …the sports fans who read the Observer are doomed.

Maybe, I can find Charlotte, NC sports news in the Montgomery Lake GA or Lake Castaic newspapers?

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;240390]Why is this story on Charlotte.com?

http://www.charlotte.com/outdoors/story/139277.html
[/QUOTE]
Because Mike P was desperate for front-page articles in his attempt to keep us on page 5? Just a guess.

Keeping a log on Observer shafts is similar to keeping a log on birds crapping on the windshield. It happens way too often, gets awfully messy, and those damn birds never do fly down and admit they sh1t on us.

Print news is a dying breed, even so, perhaps the region is big enough now to support 2 papers.

Maybe this thread and the 49er confusion log should combine.

Maybe this thread and the 49er confusion log should combine.
No.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;240395]Because Mike P was desperate for front-page articles in his attempt to keep us on page 5? Just a guess.

Keeping a log on Observer shafts is similar to keeping a log on birds crapping on the windshield. It happens way too often, gets awfully messy, and those damn birds never do fly down and admit they sh1t on us.[/QUOTE]

The story just makes no damn sense to print…even for Mike.

If he’s gonna print this kind of stuff, I should compile my exploits at Sports Camp when I was 11 years old…I think it would be more interesting.

Today…May 31st…there is no information about the 9ers being 5th in the NCAA Golf Championship in the Observer.

On charlotte.com…there is a 29 word expose about the niners in the tourny…but its under the “Duke Lacrosse gets an extra” year heading.