Bill Rosinski

what happened? did i miss something since i’ve been gone for the past 2 weeks? why the hell did they give his first hour to chuck howard and his second to add another hour of the worst show on radio in the “mac attack”

bill’s show and the page were the only thing that radio station was doing right

If you look it up on yahoo, the show was canceled to the fact that it didn’t “sell much advertising.” I liked the show but I know several people who thought it was a terrible morning show.

http://www.charlotte.com/business/story/363391.html

If I am not mistaken, Danny Fontana owned and produced the show from his new radio station and then sold it to people like FNZ, and Danny Fontana pulled the plug.

the current Panthers play by play is just as bad as 49er hoops, they should rehire Rozinski. All Panther fans like his broadcast.

bills show was great and i dont know whos job it was selling advertising or what the ratings were for the show, butthis definetly pisses me off…it was the only show without stupid audio clips of random cartoons, or over animated co hosts and producers thats yell and have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to sports

and yes, mick SUCKS, no emotion, hes terrible…bring bill back to the panthers!!!

It is sad because Bill’s show covered the Niners better than any other local sports show.

bills show was great and i dont know whos job it was selling advertising or what the ratings were for the show, butthis definetly pisses me off...it was the only show without stupid audio clips of random cartoons, or over animated co hosts and producers thats yell and have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to sports

and yes, mick SUCKS, no emotion, hes terrible…bring bill back to the panthers!!!

it really is sad that intelligent radio can’t survive in Charlotte. The Mac Attack reminds me of sitting in HS homeroom watching the morning news on the classroom TV. Hopefully Chuck Howard’s show thrives and he can take over that time slot.

I think thats why Colin Cowherd is pretty good, he manages to be half intellectual/half circus master.

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;271196]It is sad because Bill’s show covered the Niners better than any other local sports show.[/QUOTE]

I would have to disagree, Morning Sports Page still covers us the best.

and yes, mick SUCKS, no emotion, hes terrible....bring bill back to the panthers!!!

Come on, if you were doing p X p for the Panthers, would you show emotion? I doubt Rosinski could make the Panthers exciting, the problem is that they just aren’t exciting at all.

Come on, if you were doing p X p for the Panthers, would you show emotion? I doubt Rosinski could make the Panthers exciting, the problem is that they just aren't exciting at all.

Rosinski’s play calling was always exciting. The new guy still hardly knows the players…and he always says “touchdown, carolina panthers” just like it’s a sentence…no emotion…and it’s not a catch phrase or anything…it’s just horrible. All the radio highlights of the panthers past seasons are from Rosinski…all you hear is TO RICKY PROEHL, HE CAUGHT IT! TOUCHDOWN!

Rosinski is amazing. He is the voice of the Panthers.

Come on, if you were doing p X p for the Panthers, would you show emotion? I doubt Rosinski could make the Panthers exciting, the problem is that they just aren't exciting at all.

I’ll give you a mulligan on this post. You have too short of a memory. Rosinski called a spade a spade when we were 1-15 and was still an effective broadcaster that year.

personally I think thats why they let him go. Bill was not always sipping Jerry’s kool aid. Mick will.

[QUOTE=metro;271306]I’ll give you a mulligan on this post. You have too short of a memory. Rosinski called a spade a spade when we were 1-15 and was still an effective broadcaster that year.

personally I think thats why they let him go. Bill was not always sipping Jerry’s kool aid. Mick will.[/QUOTE]

I read part of his book recently and thats what I gathered. Bill would ask questions and Jerry didn’t like that. He was let go in a pretty dirty way. He asked about rings and they never could get passed that, unreal when you think about it.

Best Bill moment has to be when he called the Rod Smart kickoff return, “Hehateme, we love you, TOUCHDOWN PANTHERS!”

Is his book worth reading?

[QUOTE=switchfoot;271307]I read part of his book recently and thats what I gathered. Bill would ask questions and Jerry didn’t like that. He was let go in a pretty dirty way. He asked about rings and they never could get passed that, unreal when you think about it.

Best Bill moment has to be when he called the Rod Smart kickoff return, “Hehateme, we love you, TOUCHDOWN PANTHERS!”[/QUOTE]

I loved the call when Steve Smith caught the game winner vs. the Rams in the playoffs.

He made some of the greatest Panthers moments. The years after when they went to the playoffs and the new guy was announcing just aren’t as memorable because of it.