2005–2006 ODU 24–10 13–5 4th NIT Semifinals
2006–2007 ODU 24–9 15–3 2nd NCAA 1st Round
2007–2008 ODU 18–16 11–7 4th CBI Quarterfinals
2008–2009 ODU 25–10 12–6 3rd CIT Champions
2009–2010 ODU 27–9 15–3 1st NCAA 2nd Round
2010–2011 ODU 27–7 14–4 2nd NCAA 2nd Round
2011–2012 ODU 22–14 13–5 4th CIT Quarterfinals
2012-2013 ODU 2-20!!!

Had he been here he’d have been given 2 more years to right the ship.

.@Mark_Gottfried can you tell bobby about the opening at ODU? I'm tired of my alma mater having to pay him for destroying program. k thx

:o :stuck_out_tongue:

2-20 is bad, how did they beat UVA?

WTF happened to ODU? Just bad recruiting or did the coach forget how to coach?

[quote=“eason49, post:3, topic:27456”]

.@Mark_Gottfried can you tell bobby about the opening at ODU? I’m tired of my alma mater having to pay him for destroying program. k thx

:o :p[/quote]

WTF happened to ODU? Just bad recruiting or did the coach forget how to coach?[/quote]

Apparently his troubles with the drink got to him again, this according to some ODU fans on the CUSA board. They say it all started after a disappointing loss to Butler in the first round of the 2010 NCAAs.
http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=617019&page=2

They are worried about losing Lutz to the job over at NCSU. They seem to have an extremely high opinion of him: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f=2515&t=11254113

Gotta love this: [font=Arial][size=13px]“Our defense is going to go to crap if Lutz leaves.”[/size][/font]

Gotta say the idea of Bobby coming back to Halton as coach at ODU would prove pretty interesting.

I’d love for us to be off of the hook form what’s left of the $$$ we owe him.

Wonder if Brooks Thompson could be next C-USA 3.0 coach given a pink slip. Currently 5-16 at UTSA (1-10 WAC), with only one home win this season. Yes, he’s an alum, but then so was Lutz!

Its an amazingly quick and deep fall for Taylor. Just last year he had a guy who grew up in NC, Kent Bazemore, on his team. Bazemore is now playing in the NBA with Golden State. And ODU has exactly two wins. Jeeze.

The prospect of seeing Bobby on the opposing teams bench in CUSA In intriguing. I bet it would baffle him to see how this version of the Niners achieve such defensive intensity with only 5 players on the floor. :stuck_out_tongue:

JK, I still think Bobby is a class act and would do well at ODU. But it would be fun to watch him loose against us each year!

I imagine once Pat Kelsey’s photoshop offense doesn’t pan out that Winthrop will be a good landing spot for Bobby.

clt asks what was going on at odu? He should have been fired immediately for being drunk at a athletic department function.

That would not happen here.

[quote=“HighFlying49er, post:13, topic:27456”]The prospect of seeing Bobby on the opposing teams bench in CUSA In intriguing. I bet it would baffle him to see how this version of the Niners achieve such defensive intensity with only 5 players on the floor. :stuck_out_tongue:

JK, I still think Bobby is a class act and would do well at ODU. But it would be fun to watch him loose against us each year![/quote]Intriguing for so many reasons. Lutz likes recruiting in the Baltimore/DC area and this seems like a good fit for ODU, but he is known to aim a little too high for recruits only to lose them to bigger programs. This sets up recruiting battles with Dalonte Hill at Maryland over kids that will use ODU as a fall-back school. That could get ugly.

[quote=“Nugget, post:16, topic:27456”][quote=“HighFlying49er, post:13, topic:27456”]The prospect of seeing Bobby on the opposing teams bench in CUSA In intriguing. I bet it would baffle him to see how this version of the Niners achieve such defensive intensity with only 5 players on the floor. :stuck_out_tongue:

JK, I still think Bobby is a class act and would do well at ODU. But it would be fun to watch him loose against us each year![/quote]Intriguing for so many reasons. Lutz likes recruiting in the Baltimore/DC area and this seems like a good fit for ODU, but he is known to aim a little too high for recruits only to lose them to bigger programs. This sets up recruiting battles with Dalonte Hill at Maryland over kids that will use ODU as a fall-back school. That could get ugly.[/quote]

Didn’t even think about that. good point

[quote=“Nugget, post:16, topic:27456”][quote=“HighFlying49er, post:13, topic:27456”]The prospect of seeing Bobby on the opposing teams bench in CUSA In intriguing. I bet it would baffle him to see how this version of the Niners achieve such defensive intensity with only 5 players on the floor. :stuck_out_tongue:

JK, I still think Bobby is a class act and would do well at ODU. But it would be fun to watch him loose against us each year![/quote]Intriguing for so many reasons. Lutz likes recruiting in the Baltimore/DC area and this seems like a good fit for ODU, but he is known to aim a little too high for recruits only to lose them to bigger programs. This sets up recruiting battles with Dalonte Hill at Maryland over kids that will use ODU as a fall-back school. That could get ugly.[/quote]This is a major complaint from ODU fans about Taylor as of late.

hopefully there was a “must maintain a minimum 0.100 winning percentage with a minimum 10 games” clause in his contract.

you shouldn’t have to buy out a 2-20 coach.

[quote=“ninerID, post:19, topic:27456”]hopefully there was a “must maintain a minimum 0.100 winning percentage with a minimum 10 games” clause in his contract.

you shouldn’t have to buy out a 2-20 coach.[/quote]If he showed up drunk at a game they can fire him for cause. They wouldn’t have to give him a dime for that.