Blue line or GREEN Line

[URL=http://marynewsom.blogspot.com/2009/05/blue-line-or-green-line.html]http://marynewsom.blogspot.com/2009/05/blue-line-or-green-line.html[/URL]

Some interesting comments on there. Shows how some people in this city really feel about our school…

[QUOTE=Cha_49;410076][URL=http://marynewsom.blogspot.com/2009/05/blue-line-or-green-line.html]http://marynewsom.blogspot.com/2009/05/blue-line-or-green-line.html[/URL]

Some interesting comments on there. Shows how some people in this city really feel about our school…[/QUOTE]

We should offer a doctorate program in waterboarding and enroll some of these idiots.
Call it the Green Line. All new vehicles and stations to be green. Change the blue to green as they are replaced over the years. No additional expense.

I started to post a comment on there----but then I thought, why? It would just be a waste of time based on the idiotic postings that were already there…pathetic!

Do people in Columbus bad mouth OSU?
Do people in NYC bad mouth NYU?
Do people in Salisbury bad mouth Catawba?
Hey if you think the local school is so damn stupid, then move bee-atches! We don’t want your a55. I’ll help you pack. Something might be broke, though.
If I lived in Chapel Hell, don’t you think I’d pretend to respect UNC-CH?

And won’t the green line have different trains from the blue line? The blue line trains stop at 7th. Just color the ones from 7th to school, green. Keep the trains from 7th to Pineville, blue.

Those comments just shows the ignorance of the average person. I don’t really care what those people think about our University but unless you have visited the campus or can give a short history lesson about us, then keep your damn mouth shut.

Those comments just shows the ignorance of the average person. I don't really care what those people think about our University but unless you have visited the campus or can give a short history lesson about us, then keep your damn mouth shut.

QFT

Bump. Well said comment from someone on the blog.

you guys do understand the demographic of who reads Mary Newsome’s blogs…

Do people in Columbus bad mouth OSU? Do people in NYC bad mouth NYU? Do people in Salisbury bad mouth Catawba? Hey if you think the local school is so damn stupid, then move bee-atches! We don't want your a55. I'll help you pack. Something might be broke, though. If I lived in Chapel Hell, don't you think I'd pretend to respect UNC-CH?

And won’t the green line have different trains from the blue line? The blue line trains stop at 7th. Just color the ones from 7th to school, green. Keep the trains from 7th to Pineville, blue.

From what I understand, you won’t have to transfer. Same car will take you from LMS (or so I’ve heard and so I hope) to Pineville.

IMO, the “Green Line” would be nice, but it’s not very high on my to do list. If it happens, awesome. If it doesn’t, hell I don’t care what color the train is as long as it takes me to a football game.

I can’t ****ing stand Charlotte citizens. I’m jetting out of here as soon as I graduate. There’s no changing the majority of these ignorant bastards.

From what I understand, you won't have to transfer. Same car will take you from LMS (or so I've heard and so I hope) to Pineville.

IMO, the “Green Line” would be nice, but it’s not very high on my to do list. If it happens, awesome. If it doesn’t, hell I don’t care what color the train is as long as it takes me to a football game.

While it may seem insignificant at first glance, I think it actually COULD be a real catalyst for our university making a connection (no pun intended) to the city of Charlotte. Think about it, anytime someone hears or says the phrase “green line” they will make a mental “link” to our school/colors. Over time, its these sort of little things that stay in the backs of people’s minds and slowly bring our university more into their daily lives. These small connections over years/decades will have an effect on our public perception and support, etc. IMO.

....[B] I don't really care what those people think[/B] about our University but unless you have visited the campus or can give a short history lesson about us,[B] then keep your damn mouth shut[/B].

Maybe attitudes like this… is WHY…the Charlotte community will not embrace UNCC.

Could it be the entire town is tired of hearing UNCC students WHINE about everything? :weep:

Maybe attitudes like this....... is WHY......the Charlotte community will [B]not [/B]embrace UNCC.

Could it be the entire town is tired of hearing UNCC students WHINE about everything? :weep:

Because people find goose-killing snobs so much more appealing?

[QUOTE=The Cats;410220]Maybe attitudes like this… is WHY…the Charlotte community will [B]not [/B]embrace UNCC.

Could it be the entire town is tired of hearing UNCC students WHINE about everything? :weep:[/QUOTE]

So you think it’s ok to make negative comments about an issue you haven’t researched or have no background in? That makes sense. Why should I care what they have to say about our university when they obviously don’t care about it? There is absolutely no willingness on their part.

Maybe attitudes like this....... is WHY......the Charlotte community will [B]not [/B]embrace UNCC.

uh, let me think…:huh:…NO!

If our basketball team had more success in recent years we would certainly have more leverage in the debate. I say we hijack this into a fire Lutz thread. Who’s with me?!?!?!

:tongue:

What else do we whine about? I don’t know of anything.

And I don’t like the word whine; I think it is more of a push for something we want. We aren’t crying, we are asking.

Because people find goose-killing snobs so much more appealing?

He’s Western Carolina, not Davidson.

What is there to do in Cullowhee? Play the Banjo? Dance a jig?

[B]If our basketball team had more success in recent years we would certainly have more leverage in the debate[/B]. I say we hijack this into a fire Lutz thread. Who's with me?!?!?!

:tongue:

No, not really.