1. Xavier
  2. Temple
    3. Charlotte

Top Frontcourts

1. GW
  2. Xavier
    3. Charlotte

Thanks, Run.

Do they predict our record or a tournament appearance?

No prediction of record, but they do think we will dance again.

[b]If Baldwin's shoulder is OK and Alexander is as good as advertised, Charlotte will win enough games to get an NCAA invitation yet again.[/b]
BTW, Blue Ribbon considers GW the prohibitive favorite to win the A-10 and for the Colonials to make some noise come March. They also pick Xavier to return to the NCAA tourney after a year off and that Temple could make it four entries for the conference.

what about st. joes or dayton? they are going to be strong this year as well. I would see dayton in before temple just because of the talent behind the arc of dayton’s team.

[i]Originally posted by the daxified one[/i]@Oct 31 2005, 12:13 PM [b] what about st. joes or dayton? they are going to be strong this year as well. I would see dayton in before temple just because of the talent behind the arc of dayton's team. [/b]
If Trent Meachem hadn't transferred to Illinois, then Dayton would probably be considered an NCAA team. If the Flyers can overcome that unexpected departure, then they could be dancing as well.

BTW, looks like UMass and Xavier are looking to run this season. I had expected that from a Pitino-pupil like Chad Ford, but X-man Sean Miller thinks that’s the best bet for his team as well.

As far as St. Joe’s, this has to be considered a rebuilding year. Had Dwayne Jones returned for his senior season, then the Hawks would definitely have been a top 5 team in the A-10. Still, I would never count out a Phil Martelli-coached team. After a pretty disasterous OOC in 2004-05, partly due to Delonte West’s bolting to the NBA (thus the overly ambitious OOC sked) and the early injury to Pat Carroll, Martelli completely re-worked the Hawks offense heading into the A-10 schedule and ended up finishing 14-2 (probably 15-1 if not for the Goon-Gate episode).