Bobcats #4 Pick for Bosh? SI.com

Lots of chatter out there that the Heat could look very different next year and both teams are interested in making this deal. However, Bosh has something in his deal where he could terminate after next season. I wouldn’t want Bosh and definitely not for only one season.

[quote=“Threemire09, post:1, topic:27853”]Lots of chatter out there that the Heat could look very different next year and both teams are interested in making this deal. However, Bosh has something in his deal where he could terminate after next season. I wouldn’t want Bosh and definitely not for only one season.[/quote] How could this be good for Charlotte? So, it will probably happen.

Bosh is better than any front court player the Bobcats currently have. And considerably so at that. But, he’s not a championship caliber player on his own.

In 7 seasons as “the man” for the Raptors, they had two playoff berths and lost in the first round both times. I don’t think it’s worth paying him all that money when he probably doesn’t want to be here to begin with.

On the other hand, it would give the franchise a legitimate All-Star for the first time in their history and he would easily average 24 and 10 night in and night out but I’m not sure we would be good enough to make the playoffs even with that move.

He’s also turning 30 next March. He is no young buck anymore. Who knows if he could even rekindle those great years he had in Toronto.

It’s okay everyone, I will veto it

Having Bosh would make us an 8th seed at best with this team. I thought we dismantled the Wallace-Jackson led team because we thought we’d never be better than just barely making the playoffs, and MJ is all about winning championships, not just making the playoffs.

This year’s draft is by all accounts not nearly as good as next years. If we get a big name player in the offseason then we are abandoning our rebuild through the draft mentality probably a year too early. Get some good young players for cheap, then go for big name players after next season.

Of course, who’s to say Bosh would even want to come play for here?

Heard on thee radio that Bosh has a 15% trade kicker. Makes making this trade even dumber.

Cho isn’t dumb enough to do this. Just because we suck doesn’t mean we are a landing spot for every player on the downside of their career.

This trade idea was probably made up by someone in Miami’s front office to motivate Bosh to stop playing like a wuss.

In the NBA, what could be worse than getting traded from a 3 time NBA Finals team to the Bobcats?

The worst member of the Big 3? :stuck_out_tongue:

you sure about this? He really looks like he’s more interested in golf… or anything other than building a winner… He was 0-fer Washington and been nothing short of a total failure here.

you sure about this? He really looks like he’s more interested in golf… or anything other than building a winner… He was 0-fer Washington and been nothing short of a total failure here.[/quote]

Sorry, let me correct myself.

haha

[quote=“punkrockcowboy, post:6, topic:27853”]Having Bosh would make us an 8th seed at best with this team. I thought we dismantled the Wallace-Jackson led team because we thought we’d never be better than just barely making the playoffs, and MJ is all about winning championships, not just making the playoffs.

This year’s draft is by all accounts not nearly as good as next years. If we get a big name player in the offseason then we are abandoning our rebuild through the draft mentality probably a year too early. Get some good young players for cheap, then go for big name players after next season.

Of course, who’s to say Bosh would even want to come play for here?[/quote]

Wouldn’t this be EXACTLY the type of the thing the Bobcats would do?

Bosh has an opt-out clause at the end of next season, which is reason alone not to do this deal.

He is essentially now just a stretch four that doesn’t rebound or play any defense. Sure his numbers would sky rocket is he were the first or second option on a team, but look out how he did in Toronto as the best player. Bottom line, you ain’t going anywhere with Bosh as your number one guy.

He would give us another 5-10 wins next season, but what’s the point? You are either rebuilding or playing for a championship and we clearly ain’t doing the latter, but having him here would hurt out chances of landing a top three pick in next year’s draft.

If they do end up trading the pick, I hope it’s for a up and coming big man along the lines of Enes Kanter from Utah or someone like that.

I say we just draft Bennett and re-sign Henderson and go from there. Take another year of sucking and hope we land a good pick next year for when we become the Hornets again!!!

I think Basden’s all over it. I have no interest in Bosh. I’d rather trade down and get Adams, Plumlee or Dieng.

I’m also fine with keeping Henderson. Just depends on how much they’d have to pay in order to do that.

Bottom line is we need to suck again this upcoming season because if we don’t get 1 or 2 in the next draft the “dark period” could continue for many more years.

Wiggins and Parker are both can’t miss stars imo.

you sure about this? He really looks like he’s more interested in golf… or anything other than building a winner… He was 0-fer Washington and been nothing short of a total failure here.[/quote]

Sorry, let me correct myself.

haha[/quote]
:smiley:

The chance to have 3 lottery picks next year is really all that is keeping me looking at this point.

Henderson is a nice player, but I fear an over payment to retain him, he isn;t an 8 million dollar playe, but I can see someone giving him that