Bobcats are going to the PLAYOFFS!!!

Where the haters at?

Right here. I’ll admit it.

Right here. I’ll admit it.[/quote]

Me too! This season is the peak of the next 3-4 years.

Right here. I’ll admit it.[/quote]

Me too! This season is the peak of the next 3-4 years.[/quote]

BS!

This has been a long time coming. I’ve been following since the beginning and watching the haters/naysayers jump on the bandwagon makes it so bittersweet. Also, it great to see we finally have an owner who cares and shows up to the games.

When the NBA stops playing music during the game (gimmick!) then I will start to care.

Seriously, that is annoying as hell.

That was exciting. What a way to clinch a spot! I gotta admit, I haven’t been following the Bobcats lately. But last nights game really got me into them! OUtside of the 30 points they gave up, it was great to see them stay in the game!

I’ll admit I was a hatter, I wanted to give them a chance when they first started out but there was just too many things that they did that pissed me off. In no particular order…

Time Warner Calbe Arena Ordeal - So the Charlotte residents vote it down but they built it anyway with their tax dollars.
Bobcats - Owner names the team after himself when other names were voted on that the people of Charlotte wanted.
1st round Draft Idiots - Sean May, Adam Morrison, Brandon Wright, Alexis Aladfsdlfkjsd… instead of getting the best player let’s get some one from UNC- crap or players that are total busts.
Free Agents - This is an easy one, before Larry Brown demanded it they never brought in anyone worth a damn.
Coach - Who’s Sam Vincent again?

They fixed 3 out of the 5 in the last year, Jordan has been on record saying he is willing to change the name if enough fans want it, the Arena is done with so there isn’t really anything that can be changed by that.

Bottom line is when they started acting like an orginization that was trying to win people will support them, making stupid draft choices and not signing anyone while having an owner that didn’t want to be in Charlotte is not going to get fans back to the NBA after the Hornet debacle.

Really hope we can get that 6 seed to play the beatable hawks, seems unlikely though. We currently would play the Magic which is a really bad matchup for us, Howard kills us. I would say drop to the 8 spot, we are 3-1 against the Cavs but we all know the NBA is not going to let Lebron lose in the first round.

When the NBA stops playing music during the game (gimmick!) then I will start to care.

Seriously, that is annoying as hell.[/quote]
This

I'll admit I was a hatter...

? ? ?

…seriously, though. That game gave me a reason to start following the Bobcats more. I used to, a LOT, but all the dumb decisions and “WTF” moments kinda soured me. Not that I ever gave up on them or anything, and I still kept up, but it was just hard to get excited. I’ll admit it.

[quote=“EE9er, post:8, topic:22991”]I’ll admit I was a hatter, I wanted to give them a chance when they first started out but there was just too many things that they did that pissed me off. In no particular order…

Time Warner Calbe Arena Ordeal - So the Charlotte residents vote it down but they built it anyway with their tax dollars.[/quote]

A hotel and leisure tax was implemented to pay for the arena, which means a large portion of the dollars came from non-residents as opposed to a local tax on local residents.

i will never like the bobcats or the nba. The NBA screwed Charlotte with the hornets, and forcing the crappy bobcats on us, and making us pay for the arena(that nobody wanted!). I hope the NBA goes bankrupt!

[quote=“scollie41, post:12, topic:22991”][quote=“EE9er, post:8, topic:22991”]I’ll admit I was a hatter, I wanted to give them a chance when they first started out but there was just too many things that they did that pissed me off. In no particular order…

Time Warner Calbe Arena Ordeal - So the Charlotte residents vote it down but they built it anyway with their tax dollars.[/quote]

A hotel and leisure tax was implemented to pay for the arena, which means a large portion of the dollars came from non-residents as opposed to a local tax on local residents.[/quote]

Did someone mention… leisure!!!

Checkers are in too!

They’re tied 1-1 with Toledo.

I was never a Bobcats hater - but I was and to some extent still am apathetic. I was a HUGE Hornets supporter. I was in high school when they started and there was nothing bigger in Charlotte than going to a Hornets game. It really pissed me off when they left and that the NBA let them take OUR history with them. So when the Cats arrived I was happy we had a team, just couldn’t make myself care much. Their choice of players, name, colors, coach, etc certainly did little to help me care. I want to care and want the Cats to do well - just an up hill climb for me to start really showing emotion for them.

Milwaukee, Miami and Charlotte have all been stellar the 2nd half of the season, and have competed with the top 4 seeds. The only 1 of the top 4 we haven’t been competitive with is Boston, but 2 of the 3 games were before the Cats hit a stride. We also won the last game against the Magic IN Orlando WITHOUT Gerald Wallace. We won’t be favored to win a series with the Magic, but I won’t be surprised if we pull the upset. Cats have won 21 of their last 26 at home, and are 11-14 on the road in 2010(started 1-13) including wins at Cleveland, Miami, Phoenix and Orlando.

I get tired of the hater BS that gets thrown around. Many people had a reason to dislike the Bobcats when they came in or atleast be apathetic to them. Having come from VA where there is no team (Bullets/Wizards do not exist), I welcomed the idea to follow them, but up until last year when they brought in Brown everything was done so half assed, so why should I give a shit. The product was subpar, lack of a winning product, prices were garbage, shitty TV product/broadcast, and the owner cried like a little girl about support. I’ve watched them more in the last 1.5 seasons than I ever did before b/c they’re actually worth watching and seem to have a direction. Hopefully, they can do well and push the winning product into the playoffs, garner some more local support, and really take off next year.

You like that line eh ;D

huh?