Bobcats exploring Sign and Trade for Gerald Henderson

Gerald Henderson won’t accept the Qualifying Offer. Bobcats looking to sign and trade. His market value is between 7.5 and 8.5 million.

FWIW, I think he has been one of the only bright spots on the bobcats the past few years. Coming out of college his biggest knock was 3pt shooting, and he’s gotten better every year, shooting 33% last year (shot about one per game, but much smarter shots). Hate to see him go. With that being said, a 3 point shooter could make the bobcats offense quite a handful.

Anyone who pays him that is getting ripped off. He’s worth maybe 5 mil a year. He’s solid, not really starter caliber on a playoff team so not worth starter money.

This is exactly why i wanted to draft Mclemore. They were either going to overpay for Henderson or be left holding their dicks.

Ben Gordon would be the temporary solution until next year when SG market will be flooded. Henderson knows this and this why he is commanding top money. We could probably pick a cheap back up to Gordon for a year.

I don’t want to let him go without getting something for him but $8-$9M is too much.

I wouldn’t say they are getting ripped off. He’s probably in the 6-7 mil range. Good slasher, decent rebounder, can score 14-17 a night, and a good defender. There’s plenty of guys making that coin and they can’t guard worth a shit.

The Nets get Kirelenko for $3 mill/year, the Clippers get Barnes for $3mill, the Nuggets get Foye for $3mill, Lakers get Nick Young for $1mill, the Spurs get Belinelli for $2mill, the Mavs get Harris for $3 mill. $9 mill definitely seems too high for Henderson.

Broussard said on ESPN that Monta Ellis would be a backup plan for the Bobcats for Henderson, should it come to that.

Henderson is better than all of them. He’s also not asking for 9 mil a year.

Dear God nooooooooooooooo!!!

Dear God nooooooooooooooo!!![/quote]

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/9473581/monta-ellis-deal-dallas-mavericks-sources

Henderson is better than all of them. He’s also not asking for 9 mil a year.[/quote]

He put up decent numbers on a terrible team. AK47 is a former All-Star, the rest are solid role players. IMO he is a $5 mil a year guy, but based on his potential he will get $7-$8 mil.

He is a SG that shoots 33% from 3. Bobcats are smart to not overpay for him.

Eh, let him walk.

Are we winning the championship next season? Let alone making the playoffs?

Let’s just sign someone like Gary Neal for cheap and then look at drafting our future shooting guard in next year’s draft

Henderson is better than all of them. He’s also not asking for 9 mil a year.[/quote]

He put up decent numbers on a terrible team. AK47 is a former All-Star, the rest are solid role players. IMO he is a $5 mil a year guy, but based on his potential he will get $7-$8 mil.

He is a SG that shoots 33% from 3. Bobcats are smart to not overpay for him.[/quote]

You’re right. Decent numbers on a horrible team that can’t provide anywhere else. I honestly think you out him on a better team with the same mins played and he’d average similar numbers at higher percentages since he’d have weapons around him where he wouldn’t be the first/second option.

He is a SG that shoots 33% from 3. Bobcats are smart to not overpay for him.[/quote]

Yeah, that was really the point of the comparison. That he’s mostly a role player, similar to the other guys listed.