Bobcats (Hornets) Upcoming Draft

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:18, topic:27805”][quote=“Normmm, post:16, topic:27805”][quote=“SteauA, post:10, topic:27805”]In 9 years (or is it 10? I lost count), the Bobcats have NEVER “beaten” the lottery odds, as in, they have never landed above the spot they were supposed to get or better.

Just ridiculous bad luck.[/quote]

At this point, their OKC plan of blowing up and rebuilding in the draft has to be viewed as a fail. They missed on Davis and looks like they’ll miss on McLemore too.[/quote]

I don’t think McLemore is a franchise changing player. Next year is the year to have the #1 pick, if Wiggins lives up to the hype. For all you conspiracy theorists I predict the Raptors get the #1 pick.[/quote]

Perhaps not. Just saying he seems like a safer pick to build around than Oladipo.

The bigger question is what they do with the current roster… Gerald Henderson had a nice year, but I would let him walk rather than over pay him even slightly, he has about a 5 mill qualifying offer, he’ll get more but I wouldn’t pay him . I’d amnesty Thomas and get him outta here. Mullens isn’t worth his 5 mill QA …
The only FA I’d like to see them retain is McRoberts for crying out loud.

Yeah, the roster is awful.

Really is amazing that with all of those lottery picks the team has such a dogpoop roster… very little value here.
Bizmack is terrible and further cements me feeling that the only ferners’ drafted in the 1st should be done so by the Spurs or Mavs in the late 20’s… MGK has promise but isn’t close… Kemba I like… The rest really is a collective of crap.

I like Henderson, Kemba and MKG. Ben Gordon is a sniper too. They have a collection of backups in the front court and a worn out Haywood.

So, a decent backcourt set up with potential for growth. Tons of cap space next year though, so they should be able to pick up someone decent. You hope.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:25, topic:27805”]I like Henderson, Kemba and MKG. Ben Gordon is a sniper too. They have a collection of backups in the front court and a worn out Haywood.

So, a decent backcourt set up with potential for growth. Tons of cap space next year though, so they should be able to pick up someone decent. You hope.[/quote]
The Gordon trade was great… an extra year of him versus Magette was worth the lottery pick… Henderson is a nice player, but I’d hate to see him get a 4 year 36 million dollar deal

Yeah, he’s not worth that. Walker and MKG are the only two guys I think could be NBA starters, and both of them would probably be backups at most NBA teams right now.

At least they aren’t the magic?

The current roster is bad, but things can change pretty quickly. We add this year’s draft pick and we could have three lottery picks in next year’s loaded draft. That plus the Hornets name change and suddenly things are looking up.

The latest mock draft has us taking Anthony Bennett at 4. Me likey 8)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/story/_/id/9340518/2013-nba-draft-chad-ford-mock-draft-40

McLemore keeps on sliding, sounds like many aren’t sold on his mental makeup.

I’ve seen rumors of trading down with the T-Wolves to #9. The chances of getting Len there are pretty good. The way mclemore is slipping, there’s a chance there too. I’d love to make that trade, especially if we can get a pick in next year’s draft from them.

I’d like to have Cody Zeller at #4

You forgot the :-X

Zeller at 4 probably happens a few years ago. We aren’t that dumb anymore, I hope.

No way do I want Zeller. He has ‘career backup’ written all over him.

We really need to nail these next two drafts. If we can do so while chaning back to the Hornets name, things could turn around sooner rather than later.

I would love to see Howell picked up late. Guy was a monster on the glass while at State.

Zeller is BJ Mullins
I still think it will be Len, but not at #4. My stack ranking for who I’d like to see is #1. Bennett, #2, McLemore, #3 Otto Porter.

1. Zeller 2. Len 3. Bennett 4. McCollum 5. Olynyk

I wonder if the cavs are taking advantage of how a mediocre center has dominated the eastern conference playoffs to try to trade the pick so others can draft Noel.

Would MKD and Bennett be able to play effectively together? I would think for that to work they would need a good center.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:39, topic:27805”]I wonder if the cavs are taking advantage of how a mediocre center has dominated the eastern conference playoffs to try to trade the pick so others can draft Noel.

Would MKD and Bennett be able to play effectively together? I would think for that to work they would need a good center.[/quote]

I am curious if they are working back channels to see who they can draft that would make Lebron more open to returning.