Bobcats (Hornets) Upcoming Draft

While it might seem like the Hornets were the big losers of the draft, I don’t think that it the case at all. This is a super weak draft and as it turns out, we will probably end up getting the player we want in Ben McLemore anyway.

The Cavs are most likely going to select Noel with the first pick, but apparently, they are also in love with Otto Porter as their future small forward. The Magic need a point gaurd and it just seems like Trey Burke is a good fit with them. Washington is also in need of a small forward and it would seem ideal that they would select Porter if he doesn’t go first overall, which is pretty unlikely.

That leaves us picking at four and one would have to think there is no way we pass up on McLemore who is the best overall prospect according to sum. I really like the idea of drafting Anthony Bennett though. Could be a Larry Johnson 2.0 and how fiting that we are changing our name to the Hornets!!

I agree. Blessing in disguise. I don’t want to touch Noel with a 10 ft pole and I don’t think we would have passed him up if we had the 1.

I really like Bennett

If Mclemore is gone I bet they take Alex Len. Just a gut call.

I like Trey Burke, and yes, I am one of the black helicopter folks who firmly believe the draft is fixed.

Betcha a bunch that the bugs get the #1 next year and pick Wiggins. They will get it if they do whatever the league office wanted them to do.

Orlando, like the Hornets, need everything. But I’d be surprised if McLemore goes past them. Nelson ave 15 ppg and 7 apg. There center Vucevic ave 13 ppg and 11 rpg and PF Harris ave 17 ppg and 9 rpg… I don’t think they’re interested in Burke or Noel.

Yes and no. The Magic are pretty set at Center and Small Forward in Vucevic and Harris. While Nelson is still putting up ok numbers, it has been reported multiple times that they want to draft a point guard. Having said that, Burke could be a reach with the second pick and they could indeed turn to McLemore and just draft a point guard in next year’s loaded draft.

I would be happy with either McLemore or Bennett

Oh no, et tu brute?

We need scoring in the post, go with Alex Len. Put up 23 and grabbed 12 against Noel.

There is no way Mclemore falls to #4. I’d love it if he did, but I don’t see that happening.

Anyone but Oladipo. He is awkward, fouls too much, can’t pass or shoot at an NBA level, and is turnover prone.

Other than Oladipo, I’d be happy with any of the top 7 or 8 players.

In 9 years (or is it 10? I lost count), the Bobcats have NEVER “beaten” the lottery odds, as in, they have never landed above the spot they were supposed to get or better.

Just ridiculous bad luck.

Trade the pick and try to pick up two late first rounders. Draft has some depth, but no sure thing. Wait till next year and pray for this Wiggins kid to play out like everyone keeps saying he will (not convinced).

Trying to trade down could be a good idea, but it is unlikely since it is such a weak draft at the top. I do think some middle to late first rounders are good rotation guys for playoff teams. As a Nets fan I would love for them to land Tim Hardaway Jr. at 22.

Although you never know if a team falls in love with a player and is desperate to trade up, I just don’t see it in this year’s draft.

That’s what I’m thinking. I think Plumlee and Steven Adams could both help them. But you don’t take those guys at 4. I think s9er is right, and it will be Len.

:blank:[quote=“Chisox17, post:9, topic:27805”]There is no way Mclemore falls to #4. I’d love it if he did, but I don’t see that happening.

Anyone but Oladipo. He is awkward, fouls too much, can’t pass or shoot at an NBA level, and is turnover prone.

Other than Oladipo, I’d be happy with any of the top 7 or 8 players.[/quote]

He’s currently definitely not a better shooter than Henderson. Not sure he’s a better body/athlete either.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:12, topic:27805”]Trying to trade down could be a good idea, but it is unlikely since it is such a weak draft at the top. I do think some middle to late first rounders are good rotation guys for playoff teams. As a Nets fan I would love for them to land Tim Hardaway Jr. at 22.

Although you never know if a team falls in love with a player and is desperate to trade up, I just don’t see it in this year’s draft.[/quote]

True, but it’s worth a shot. Hell, even if they switch back with somebody for a later first round and 2 second rounds might be better.

[quote=“SteauA, post:10, topic:27805”]In 9 years (or is it 10? I lost count), the Bobcats have NEVER “beaten” the lottery odds, as in, they have never landed above the spot they were supposed to get or better.

Just ridiculous bad luck.[/quote]

At this point, their OKC plan of blowing up and rebuilding in the draft has to be viewed as a fail. They missed on Davis and looks like they’ll miss on McLemore too.

The lottery is awful. They need to get rid of it.

[quote=“Normmm, post:16, topic:27805”][quote=“SteauA, post:10, topic:27805”]In 9 years (or is it 10? I lost count), the Bobcats have NEVER “beaten” the lottery odds, as in, they have never landed above the spot they were supposed to get or better.

Just ridiculous bad luck.[/quote]

At this point, their OKC plan of blowing up and rebuilding in the draft has to be viewed as a fail. They missed on Davis and looks like they’ll miss on McLemore too.[/quote]

I don’t think McLemore is a franchise changing player. Next year is the year to have the #1 pick, if Wiggins lives up to the hype. For all you conspiracy theorists I predict the Raptors get the #1 pick.

still SMH that they owe a #1 for Tyrus Thomas

The Bobcats weren’t going to win a title with their roster before they blew it up anyway. Drafting guys like Biyombo isn’t going to help them win a title either.