Bobcats name change?

If we rename the team the Flight we can use a Hornet as a mascot since they have wings…

[quote=“Normmm, post:20, topic:22603”]We should be thinking of a new name for the team in New Orleans, not Charlotte. Then we could just get the Hornets back. [/quote]the Jazz need the new name. New Orleans Jazz, Charlotte Hornets and Utah Wife Swappers

Nice! Jordan should change the name to the ‘Charlotte Wife-Swappers’ and start making phone calls to execute the three way trade.

Minnesota Lakers, Golden State 49ers, Los Angeles Warriors, Tulsa Timberwolves, Charlotte Hurricanes?

New Orleans Heineken Looters!

Charlotte Air Jordans is my pick.

Of course with $30 Million cash calls we could be the Charlotte Over Leveraged or Charlotte Tax Credit.

I’ll take back the Charlotte Hornets. Or the Charlotte Sr. 49ers.

YES!!! PLEASE!! Why can’t we do this??

The greedy NBA owners would get more merchandising money from this anyways.

YES!!! PLEASE!! Why can’t we do this??

The greedy NBA owners would get more merchandising money from this anyways.[/quote]

We should go to a Jazz forum and see if there is a name they’d prefer over the Jazz. We’ll give them Bobcats.

Bobcats is a stupid name.

Flight is also a stupid name.

Hornets name should’ve never left town. Shame on whoever didn’t stand up and fight for it. Cleveland kept the Browns name. Someone should have fought for Hornets.

Kinda scared at the thought of considering a new name. The NBA seems to have a bad recent history at creating new names/identities…Wizards? Bobcats? Thunder? Real dumbass names with every worse color combinations. Someone should be shot everytime the Wizards wear those copper and black unis. They look REAL STUPID in them. The original Bobcats unis were not much better.

At this point, with the Hornets name likely gone without a lot of wasted effort. I’d rather go old school and name the team Carolina Cougars. At least it would have a historic tie in to pro basketball in North Carolina.

ETA: Just read in shoutbox. Charlotte Royals wouldn’t totally suck.

[quote=“Normmm, post:24, topic:22603”]New Orleans Heineken Looters!

[/quote]

Nicely done. That is perfect for N.O. Love the extra one stuffed in his back pocket. A tubfull is not enough. Let me get ONE MORE.

[quote=“JoeSixPack, post:28, topic:22603”]Bobcats is a stupid name.

Flight is also a stupid name.

Hornets name should’ve never left town. Shame on whoever didn’t stand up and fight for it. Cleveland kept the Browns name. Someone shouldn’t fought for Hornets.

Kinda scared at the thought of considering a new name. The NBA seems to have a bad recent history…Wizards? Bobcats? Thunder? Real dumbass names with every worse color combinations. Someone should shot everytime the Wizards wear those copper and black unis. They look REAL STUPID in them. The original Bobcats unis were not much better.

At this point, with the Hornets name likely gone without a lot of wasted effort. I’d rather go old school and name the team Carolina Cougars. At least it would have a historic tie in to pro basketball in North Carolina.[/quote]

“Cougars” has a different meaning today than it did then.

Aside from a nice historical reference, I totally disagree. I’m so sick of teams being called “Carolina” w/e. If it is in Charlotte, it needs to be the Charlotte w/e. I don’t care about the Hurricanes in this sense because fuck Raleigh, but not here.

Charlotte Cougars could work, but u lose the alliteration.

I say we stop being pushovers and go take our name back. That includes the city’s government helping.

[quote=“Normmm, post:24, topic:22603”]New Orleans Heineken Looters!

[/quote]

POST OF THE YEAR!!!

fair point.

agree this is the best option, but I have doubts if we have any influential people in Charlotte who would be willing to stand up and fight for “Hornets”. Would like to be proven wrong.

I would support it, but doubt my name alone would mean much.

We could change the name from the Bobcats to the Ackbars just to piss off Ole Miss:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/24/admiral-ackbar-ole-miss-m_n_475349.html

Charlotte 23rds

I’d love to have the Hornets name back. I’ve still got my #2 Larry Johnson teal jersey from back when I was in 7th grade. Unfortunately, I don’t think it will happen.

[quote=“survivor45, post:35, topic:22603”]We could change the name from the Bobcats to the Ackbars just to piss off Ole Miss:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/24/admiral-ackbar-ole-miss-m_n_475349.html

[/quote]
Wowwwwwwwwwwww that is so lame that Ole Miss is changing their mascot. Whatever. If they voted on it and it wasn’t forced down their throats then more power to em.

Ackbar may be an acceptable replacement.

I like Cougars - I know the name means something different now days, but we have history with that name. If not Cougars then I do like Owls - could be pretty kick ass.

Obviously getting Hornets back would be the best - I just don’t see Shin letting that happen and he owns the name - case closed.

[center]How about the Charlotte Chiggers? Would beat Richmond’s Spiders by a mile.
[/center]

[center]Or…[/center]

[center]Charlotte Jesters. No alliteration, but it would follow the lines of the Queen City.
[/center]