Bobcats name change?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/03/01/1283113/jordan-should-change-bobcats-nickname.html

If it’s not going to be the Hornets again, just leave it be. I bought my first piece of Bobcats apparel this season.

I disgree. I think it’s time for a name change. I am a big Bobcat fan, but I do think the team needs an overall image change, not just in Charlotte but around the league. Some things must be done in order to put fans in the stands and I think an image change would be one of these.

I hoping Jordan is successful.

I always liked Charlotte/Carolina Flight.

I have yet to hear a worthwhile name

The Flight to pay tribute to “Air” Jordan

If we ever have a baseball team in the Carolinas’ it will need to be called the Carolina Barbeque. I refuse to attend a game if it is named anything else.

Please god.

You buy the Sean May jersey? Saw them at Marshall’s for like $5. McD should start including them in kids meals. I know, old joke.

I’m all for a name change. Would be awesome if you could change your name after years of sucking haha. Lots of teams should try it. Start fresh haha. Team’s history should start with his “air-ness” at the helm. Greatest ball player of his time.

So change the name (Bobcats) because it was named after the owner, to the Flight, named after the new owner?

Ahhh nostalgia. The way things should have always been. The way things should have stayed. I still say we sue for our name back.

HORNETS OR BUST!!!

How about the Charlotte Lottery? or the Charlotte Tar Heels? Charlotte Bananas?

the hornets noise brings back memories. bzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzz

SLAP NO! BAD! TO THE GULAG WITH YOU! GO! SMACK

[quote=“49or bust, post:10, topic:22603”]
Ahhh nostalgia. The way things should have always been. The way things should have stayed. I still say we sue for our name back.

HORNETS OR BUST!!![/quote]

They owe us anyway after the Okafor deal. Give us our name back George Shinn!!!

[quote=“49or bust, post:10, topic:22603”]

HORNETS OR BUST!!![/quote]

Old Navy has some vintage Charlotte Hornets Ts.

Flight works for Air Jordan, and “First in Flight”

How about the Charlotte 49ers?

I’m saying we have to change the school to the Hornets and the NBA can have the 49ers.

Do not want.

We should be thinking of a new name for the team in New Orleans, not Charlotte. Then we could just get the Hornets back.