Bobcats Trade Gerald Wallace

http://www.rufusonfire.com/2011/2/24/2013200/gerald-wallace-nazr-mohammed-traded#comments

Traded for two first-round picks to Portland and Pryzbilla.

It seems to me that Wallace was a keeper and should not have been traded. But I also do not really know what I’m talking about here.

got the Hornet pick this year (probably early 20’s) and Portlands 2012 top 12 protected. Wallace for two buckets of shit and 2 non lottery picks.

This move clears $8 Million off the books and brings in young talent. It may not seem like the best move now, but in the future this will be a great move. Especially with the CBA. I think its an overall great move for Jordan, moving away from the past and bringing in large contract veterans.

Charlotte NC sports team = irrelevant

If your main purpose if to clear $$ off the books you should a) not own the team, and/or B) Not trade an expiring contract for a sack of shit, Matt Carroll and Najera- both who have terrible contracts.

There is no clear direction with the team, Jordan was shortsughted on the Chandler deal and ended up takign on two terrible deals to save one year of a small luxury tax hit. This roster has to be in the bottom 4 in terms of overall talent compared with on the books money. Simmons said you’d be hard pressed to find one team willing to swap rosters with Charlotte… and that was with Wallace.

And until Mike can actually hit on a 1st round pick, the thought of trading for #1’s doeant appeal to me.

MJ always finds a way to blow a Number one pick even if we got one! Either way its sad to see a guy like Wallace go. He said before he left “I feel like I owe the city. The city doesn’t owe me anything,” Wallace said. “I was given an opportunity to showcase my skills here.”

He will be missed…

yeah, I’m probably just bummed it was Wallace- good guy… They should have traded Diaw while they were at it, he hasvalue

Well didn’t we recruite Dante Cunningham out of HS? Welcome to Charlotte 6 years too late.

yeah, we were after Cunningham back in the day.