BOBCATS TRADE OKAFOR

[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcats/story/856106.html[/URL]

[URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4359609[/URL]

the trigger hasnt been pulled yet, but i’m surprised at myself for being okay this trade, and think it may actually help the Cats, Okafor is good, but has not lived up to the hype and has been shadowed by Dwight Howard. Chandler is taller, and more athletic, and should work well alongside Diaw.

This might mean we get more use out of Muhammed.

[QUOTE]Chandler played in only 32 games last season and a trade to Oklahoma City was rescinded because of concerns over the injury.[/QUOTE]

color me underwelmed by this move - IMO, Okafor would and should have been the Bobcats PF. So they traded a PF for a C with injury history.

hope there are other moves coming

Chandler is pretty good on NBA Street on XBox…

trading a solid double-double guy for a guy who is injury prone and has no offensive game… the bobcats are a joke.

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;421445]Chandler is pretty good on NBA Street on XBox…[/QUOTE]

For some reason, I can see the Bobcats Marketing Dept. using this as a new advertising slogan.

“Come see your Charlotte Bobcats and our newest star, Tyson Chandler…he’s pretty good on NBA Street on XBox”.

trading a solid double-double guy for a guy who is injury prone and has no offensive game... the bobcats are a joke.

ding ding :tumble:

The problem was the Cats were paying a solid double double guy, Allstar $$… Not a terrible move. Chandler might be a better fit in LB"s offense anyhow… The thing that caught my attention is they are the same age.

Okafor is a class guy, that will be missed

its probably a salary move…

chandler makes $3 million less and is a free agent in 2011.

i was never a fan of giving okafor the contract he got. IMO, the way the NBA is set up you can offer 3 big contracts and if okafor is 1 of those 3 big contracts you are in trouble!

I guess they’re not interested in making the playoffs next year. Okafor was overpaid, but he’s still better than Chandler.

Chandler can run the pick and roll really good, but he also did it with Paul, not Felton or Augustine.

I refuse, Felton+Okafor for Chandler+Paul is the only way!

Mek is a beast, I don’t really like this move at all. One thing it would do though is give us someone who can defend at the 5. The one knock on Mek is his inability to defend other 5’s who are halfway decent. For instance, I’m pretty sure Andrew Bogut has ate him up everytime we’ve played the Bucks.

[QUOTE=TheGreatest;421469]I refuse, Felton+Okafor for Chandler+Paul is the only way![/QUOTE]

Haha, the hornets wouldnt trade paul for the whole bobcats team.

I felt that the Bobcats were retarted for signing Okafor when they did it, so i’m glad they were able to dump his salary. But in the short term, i.e. the next two seasons this definetly doesnt make them better. Just yet another nonsense move by a team that sucks and will continue to suck. The only thing they have going for them is that they have a great coach.

If MJ works in Nazr Mohammed and gets back a James Posey or Antonio Daniels in the deal.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;421477]If MJ works in Nazr Mohammed and gets back a James Posey or Antonio Daniels in the deal.[/QUOTE]

something like that would’ve made sense

The Hornets trade someone TO Charlotte. Weird.

Sigh, I miss the Hornets.

I don’t mind the deal.

Chandler is off the books in 2 years. Hopefully he can stay injury free and we can resign him for less. He is still young and a great devensive center. Could turn into a Camby type player.
You have to ask yourself were the Bobcats going to contend for a title with Okafor as one of ur best 2 guys? no they weren’t. Your either going for a title or builing to get there. Now they are rid of May, Morrison and Okafor. Hopefully they can build something a little bit better this time around.
I like Boris Diaw at the 4 anyway. Guy can do it all. Also he is only still 27 and coming into his prime.

Good Move

This move is f*cking retarded. When will this team stop being cheap?

I am so pissed off about this. There is nothing which can be done before the season starts that will make this ok for me.

Don’t post **** like this when you have no clue what you’re talking about. The Bobcats are already over the salary cap and nearing luxury tax levels.