Bonds to Boycott Hall of Fame?

Our favorite baseball player states that he’ll boycott the Hall of Fame of the 756 ball is labeled with an asterik by Mark Ecko. This quote just really did it for me though:

[QUOTE]“I don’t think you can put an asterisk in the game of baseball, and I don’t think that the Hall of Fame can accept an asterisk,” Bonds said. “[B]You cannot give people the freedom, the right to alter history. You can’t do it.[/B] There’s no such thing as an asterisk in baseball.”[/QUOTE]

Precisely, you cheating chemical factory. That’s why you shouldn’t even be invited. This guy’s arrogance is pathetic. I know, I know, he still had lots of talent and lots of others did roids too. They hopefully will not be getting any invitations to inductment ceremonies, either.

[URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3090631][B][U][COLOR=Red]ESPN.com: Bonds says he’ll boycott Hall if record-setting ball has asterisk[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

It’s not altering history silly man. It’s correctly labeling it you crazy fraud…

Boycott, I’m sorry Boycott, does barry remember he is one man, even though he seems to have eaten his younger self. If your one person you don’t boycott, you just don’t go, and fine, I’ve been asking the hall to boycott barry since 2003.

never…NEVER… in the history of sports has there been such bad person. Remember, this guy was voted “OFF” his college team at ASU! I have never heard of such a thing, but he managed it. He even walked off the field in the middle of a college game to go “pee” in the middle of play. He has no conception of how his personality projects nor does he have an ounce of people skills. Think about it, he passed his godfather in HRs and has no remorse. I do think he deserves to be in the HOF, he is the most talented hitter ever in terms of pitch selection and reaction time. Everything is in slow motion to him. Most hitters commit to a swing when the ball is 1/2 way there, Bonds could wait until the ball is right at him before he committed. Only 3 or 4 humans have ever played that had his pre-roid speed and power (Mantle, Canseco, ?) If he boycotts it though, nobody will care or lose sleep. All his jerseys, balls, bats, etc will be in a glass case. You just won’t see his plaque.

BTW, if you are a sports fan…the HOF is downright must see at some point in your life. Going up to Ruth plaque and others is stirring.

never....NEVER.... in the history of sports has there been such bad person.

I heard Ty Cobb was pretty damn bad. I wasn’t alive to see him or anything, but from speaking to my Grandfather before he died, he said he was a major ass hole and he didn’t care what anybody thought, ever. I’ve also been told that the movie Cobb was pretty accurate. So, I guess in a sense, Barry is the Cobb of today.

So be it. Imagine how pissed he’ll be when nobody actually gives a crap about his little “boycott”.

Until Barry is convicted, he has a write to be pissed.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;265639]I heard Ty Cobb was pretty damn bad. I wasn’t alive to see him or anything, but from speaking to my Grandfather before he died, he said he was a major ass hole and he didn’t care what anybody thought, ever. I’ve also been told that the movie Cobb was pretty accurate. So, I guess in a sense, Barry is the Cobb of today.[/QUOTE]

Cobb was nasty. The two are comparable in attitude and personality. I would say the major difference is that Cobb was disliked by his opponents, while Bonds is disliked by most everybody.

Cobb used to sharpen his spikes atop the dugout before the game, and used the sharpened spikes to injure infielders with dirty slides. He used to wet down the circle around home plate so that the catchers would have a hard time keeping their footing and so he could slide easier. Those are just a few of the things I have read about him. On top of all that, he was an adamant racist. Cobb was no saint, but compared to Bonds he doesn’t look like such a bad guy.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;265656]Until Barry is convicted, he has a [B]right[/B] to be pissed.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

He has already admitted to taking the roids under oath. Yes, it was supposed to be a secret, but then so was his taking the roids and nobody finding out about it.

Cobb was nasty. The two are comparable in attitude and personality. I would say the major difference is that Cobb was disliked by his opponents, while Bonds is disliked by most everybody.

Cobb used to sharpen his spikes atop the dugout before the game, and used the sharpened spikes to injure infielders with dirty slides. He used to wet down the circle around home plate so that the catchers would have a hard time keeping their footing and so he could slide easier. Those are just a few of the things I have read about him. On top of all that, he was an adamant racist. Cobb was no saint, but compared to Bonds he doesn’t look like such a bad guy.

X, I think your opinion of Bonds is coloring your perception a little. Cobb was one of, if not the meanest bastard in the history of sports. The man was a huge racist, beat women, fought a handicapped man, pulled a knife and shanked a man, would make fighting fans sort of a hobby. He was hated by his own teammates, opponents, and pretty much anyone who ever spent more than a few minutes with him.

Barry is a surly cry baby who took steriods. There is a pretty big difference.

It was leaked ILLEGALLY.
Anything we find out ILLEGALLY, we are to pretend we don’t know about. That’s how the law works.
Just like that WA State Rep. who was outed had to resign, he shouldn’t because the person who outed him is being sued for Blackmail.
You can’t hold against someone stuff found out ILLEGALLY.

never....NEVER.... in the history of sports has there been such bad person. Remember, this guy was voted "OFF" his college team at ASU! I have never heard of such a thing, but he managed it. He even walked off the field in the middle of a college game to go "pee" in the middle of play. He has no conception of how his personality projects nor does he have an ounce of people skills. Think about it, he passed his godfather in HRs and has no remorse. I do think he deserves to be in the HOF, he is the most talented hitter ever in terms of pitch selection and reaction time. Everything is in slow motion to him. Most hitters commit to a swing when the ball is 1/2 way there, Bonds could wait until the ball is right at him before he committed. Only 3 or 4 humans have ever played that had his pre-roid speed and power (Mantle, Canseco, ?) If he boycotts it though, nobody will care or lose sleep. All his jerseys, balls, bats, etc will be in a glass case. You just won't see his plaque.

BTW, if you are a sports fan…the HOF is downright must see at some point in your life. Going up to Ruth plaque and others is stirring.

i just picked this post to quote off out of many…but i have a SIMPLE question for all the haters. was it against the rules of baseball at the alledged time of consuming roids of some sort? and while it has been against the rules and testing has been in place…has barry tested positive?

we have this thing called innocent till proven guilty. the justice system…

now while he hasnt tested positive…there are many many players that are and have been. wheres the uproar. i dont blame barry for being pissed…when everyone and there mothers are up his a ss.

roids or not…bonds is one of the top players ever to play our beautiful game. there is NO argument against that. im sorry.

[QUOTE=casstommy;265669]X, I think your opinion of Bonds is coloring your perception a little. Cobb was one of, if not the meanest bastard in the history of sports. The man was a huge racist, beat women, fought a handicapped man, pulled a knife and shanked a man, would make fighting fans sort of a hobby. He was hated by his own teammates, opponents, and pretty much anyone who ever spent more than a few minutes with him.

Barry is a surly cry baby who took steriods. There is a pretty big difference.[/QUOTE]

While I don’t disagree with your assessment of Cobb, I don’t know enough about his off-the-field activities to label him other than I did.

Bonds is a litle more than a surly crybaby. Don’t let your admiration of him cloud your perception. :wink:

[QUOTE=stonedcoldken]It was leaked ILLEGALLY.
Anything we find out ILLEGALLY, we are to pretend we don’t know about. That’s how the law works.
Just like that WA State Rep. who was outed had to resign, he shouldn’t because the person who outed him is being sued for Blackmail. You can’t hold against someone stuff found out ILLEGALLY. [/QUOTE]

Does this mean that it did not happen? Bonds took steroids, admitted it under oath, and lied/is still lying about not knowing that they were steroids. Game of Shadows is not a fictional novel. Barry’s ex-girlfriend has also stated many times that he was taking the juice and why. Given all these facts and admissions, even without the grand jury testimony, it’s still an easy conclusion to draw. If you need a final nail in the coffin, Bonds’ hat size has grown about 5 sizes in the last 10 years. Normal adults’ heads do not grow like that.

[QUOTE=BiscuitPants04]i just picked this post to quote off out of many…but i have a SIMPLE question for all the haters. was it against the rules of baseball at the alledged time of consuming roids of some sort? and while it has been against the rules and testing has been in place…has barry tested positive?[/QUOTE]

A memorandum was sent out by Faye Vincent in 1991 stating that the use of steroids were illegal. Prior to that time, the use was illegal by law but not against the rules of baseball. Thus, the steroids Bonds have consumed during the last 5-10 years were illegal by law AND were against the rules of baseball. This is from a blog, but states what I’ve seen on ESPn and other sports news shows.

[QUOTE]Commissioner Fay Vincent sent the clubs a memo in 1991 reminding them that [B]players were forbidden from taking any illegal substance[/B]. He specifically mentions steroids in the memo and encouraged the clubs to take a get-tough policy on players thought to be using steroids.

What could a team have done if it suspected a player of using steroids? Probably nothing. Vincent simply wanted to be on the record as letting the clubs know[B] that steroid use was against the rules[/B] and that they shouldn’t be afraid to confront a player.
[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://gettingpaidtowatch.blogspot.com/2006/03/faye-vincent-banned-steroids-in-1991.html][B][U]Blog: Faye Vincent Banned Steroids in 1991 Memo [/U][/B][/URL]

The testing ordeal is a whole saga until itself. There have been recent allegations that MLB has been tipping off the star players when their “random” test was coming up. This coupled with the team revenue issues have just completely turned me off to baseball. The players and owners have ruined the game for anybody who loves the purity of the game. An independent Commishioner is needed and one that has some balls.

my judgement of Bonds is from talking to 1 of his former teammates that I know personally. He is more than trustworthy and had nothing good to say about him except he is talented.

Biscuit, your “was it legal” statement is a joke. I was tested all thru the minors for roids and we all knew it was a no-no. Just because the MLB-CBA gave a loophole, does not make it right. Roids are illegal in society, so yeah what Bonds did was too.

If you are the baseball fan you claim to be, you’d honor the past more by not condoning Bonds roid use.

[QUOTE=metro;265691]

Biscuit, your “was it legal” statement is a joke. I was tested all thru the minors for roids and we all knew it was a no-no. Just because the MLB-CBA gave a loophole, does not make it right. Roids are illegal in society, so yeah what Bonds did was too.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I’ve never understood the “well it wasn’t banned by MLB” reasoning and think it’s absurd. I mean, it’s illegal for everyone, baseball players, cops, fishermen, septic tank cleaners, bankers, everyone. Saying it’s ok because MLB didn’t specifically ban it is just asinine.

Where were you complainers during the late '90’s & early '00’s.
Cheering, even though you knew something was wrong, but now that you have proof, now you act offended. Y’all knew in the '90’s & early '00’s & chose to ignore it, so don’t bitch now.

Bonds is a litle more than a surly crybaby. Don't let your admiration of him cloud your perception. :wink:

LOL.

In reality, I dont have a dog in this fight. I am far from a Bonds fan. In fact, I’m not really a baseball fan. Just a sports junky who gets caught up in the numbers/history aspect of baseball.

Bonds is a cheater, no doubt about it. But I think he shoulders to much of the blame imo. The real blame should continue to fall on MLB, who allowed decades of its history to forever be viewed with a cynical eye. They turned a blind eye to a problem that has consumed an entire sport, and allowed one some of sports most honored records to fall.

there are plenty of guys taking steroids who either A) pithced to barry or B) are NOT hitting anywhere close to 756 homeruns.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;265695]Where were you complainers during the late '90’s & early '00’s.
Cheering, even though you knew something was wrong, but now that you have proof, now you act offended. Y’all knew in the '90’s & early '00’s & chose to ignore it, so don’t bitch now.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not me. When I was old enough to understand McGwire and Canseco were not just avid weight lifters I began getting suspicious. Matt Williams’ 44 homeruns during the strike-shortened year raised my eyebrows also. He also played for the Giants. Coincidence? I think not.

The purists have been complaining all along and moreso since the use became rampant and very apparent. We’re just getting drowned out by the people who want to see the ball unnaturrally hit 500 feet which includes “fans” (NinerID?), owners, and players who are defending their fellow users while they are busy lining their pockets. I’ve been fussing for a while, but the deaf ears continue to say “innocent till proven guilty”. Hmmm. What about the record books? What about the people who actually played clean during this time? What about the people who played clean and never got their shot because a roids user beat them out for it?

nm

yes, bad rant.