Bonnie Cone

Website created to honor Bonnie Cone:

[font=verdana]http://bonniecone.uncc.edu/[/font]

That is a must watch. Thanks for posting.

If Miss Bonnie could see us now. The University has grown so much since her passing in 2003. I hope they reserved a gold level FSL for her, wherever she is.

You know, it would be really cool to see a seat permanently empty… “Bonnie’s Seat”.

If I win the lottery, I’ll buy one for that purpose.

You know, it would be really cool to see a seat permanently empty… “Bonnie’s Seat”.

If I win the lottery, I’ll buy one for that purpose.[/quote]

great idea

How do we remember Bonnie Cone? How will future Niners remember her?

The origin of the 49ers name explained by Bonnie Cone herself.

3 Likes

Miss Bonnie was very practical. I don’t think she’d want you wasting your money or possibly denying a seat to someone that wants to see the game. Also, she’d be in the Chancellors’ Box for every game if she were still with us.

There does need to be a statue of her on campus though.

4 Likes

Ive shared this before but got to have dinner with Miss Bonnie with a few other students. It was a great experience. She then kicked us out because baseball was coming on the radio and she said “I dont want yall to hear me yell.”

1 Like

i would love a statue maybe outside of the football stadium, or (probably better and more likely), outside of cone center. think it would be a nice tribute

It should be where the Belk Tower was.

5 Likes

Cone Center’s days are probably numbered. Requires too many code upgrades to do any sort of maintenance or repairs.

They should have transferred Miss Bonnie’s name to the student union when it opened. Just my take.

5 Likes

Yeah, but you know, money raising opportunity stuff…

Certainly would have been nice.

If we can’t afford to name a new building after her then I can live with a centrally located and prominent statue of her.

Oh, is that how it works?

Haven’t been in the Cone Center for years. Wonder if the entrance near the library still smells of popcorn.

1 Like

My freshman year was in 2006. Even by then Cone center felt run down and crappy. Wish we had something nicer and more widely visible with Bonnie Cone’s name on it.

Candy Shoppe with the popcorn is gone. It’s an advising center now.