Boone tips from a local

If we want opponents here (and I do) we have to expect them to A) pull for their school to win, and B) remember this is our board. I think you do both appropriately, and BigDave has been a good visitor too. I know on your board your posts about us are more caustic, but hey, it is the Appy board! It has been helpful to have the local knowledge for Niners planning to make the trip.

There seems to be sufficient hate to actually make this into a good rivalry if Charlotte can start competing more evenly. I think we are both in leagues where there are not a lot of natural rivals, so for now this is what we have got. I want to win this game because that is the point, but it would also be nice to be tied from now until 2026 when we meet again. That said, on Saturday App is mostly playing with Satt’s team, and Charlotte is mostly playing with Lambert’s. We will need a few balls to bounce our way. It happens to somebody every Saturday.

3 Likes

I saw stadium cups last weekend, so I imagine there was ice in them. I saw food services moving dozens of ice bags.

Last year, we were told no stadium cups with ice because they can be used to mix drinks and it leads to more trash when people leave them. Then we got 20 oz bottles that weren’t cold because the freezer doors kept on getting opened. Yes, it’s all dumb.

Re: Hill Street. I honestly don’t know how fast it fills up.

2 Likes

With us losing the WCU rivalry there is a hole to fill with a close school. What would be ideal , IMHO is some sort of round-robin between App, Charlotte, and ECU were at least one game of the three is played each year.

Of course I also want to see Wake Forest often.

I guess we need a 14 game season with 8 conference games and 6 OOC, and then add in a conference championship and then a few rounds of playoffs that includes every FBS conference champion and a few at-large to shut up the Prig5 conferences.

I assume most of you are coming in to Boone from the Charlotte area. There is a bus from Charlotte to Boone but the times are not going to work for the game. The bus from Greensboro to Boone has double the trips each day and arrives in Boone at a good time and leaves just as the game should be over. I am seriously considering letting someone drive for me and taking the Mountaineer Express. For any 49ers in the Triad it is not a bad option under the right circumstances.

It solves the problem of finding a parking space, and I don’t tailgate so I am not missing anything there really.

My daughter will be in Boone so I can have lunch with her before the game in plenty of time. The only problem is supper and that may require stadium food . Not the worse but I like a nice sit down meal before I head down the mountain.

I need some meter sticks for my science classroom. Any chance one of you in Charlotte will run by Ikea and grab some of their paper meter tapes?

( Sadly, I am not joking, I really do need some meter sticks and this is the best option since my school is waiting on a state budget and even then purchasing them may not happen.)

I would like to go as one of my co-worker’s son is the equipment manager at App St. However, with me living near Wilmington, it is a bit of a drive and we have a storm coming. Add that to going to games the next 4 weeks after and I don’t think I can stand the travel. I just hope that I have power and internet to watch or at worst case enough charge and signal on my phone to stream it.

You live near Wilmington and you don’t own a generator already?

clt recommends a generac

http://www.generac.com/all-products/generators/home-backup-generators/guardian-series/22kw-7043-whole-house-switch-wifi-enabled

I have a generator, but the cable tv/internet lines are attached to the poles underneath the power so they go down with power. Last year the power took down the cell tower as well. This leaves me with antenna tv and no ESPN3.

CLT, I have to decline your Generac suggestion. Those are the equivalent of the Chinese knock off version of Craftsmen tools. You are not getting what you pay for.

The storm doesn’t look to bad and if it finishes up on Friday morning, I think we will have power back by 3:30 Saturday afternoon.

clt prefers cummins: https://homegenerators.cummins.com/standby-generators

Now you are speaking my language. A cummins diesel generator is the way to go. For my future house I am looking to do ICF construction with solar and a 3 day battery backup system. Anyway sorry to stray off topic. Let’s kick some mountaineer ass this weekend.

Our offense will be electric and will generate points.

Just called the app ticket office. No metal or arms allowed. Guess I will have to sit on the metal bleachers and melt in the sun!

What do you mean no metal? Like the metal frame seats we can take into JRS?

That’s the way it sounded to me.

This may clarify what you can bring in. I would hate to have to walk back to my car if they wouldn’t allow me to take something in.

Are EMPTY water bottles allowed, like they are at Richardson? I could not find out about this anywhere.

Well, they’re not prohibited unless they get crazy strict on the definition of a container.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2019/8/28/athletics-whats-new-guide-for-game-day-at-kidd-brewer-stadium.aspx

Items prohibited in Kidd Brewer Stadium include:

• outside alcoholic beverages
        • coolers or containers
        • artificial noisemakers
        • pets (with the exception of service animals)
        • umbrellas
        • explosives and firearms
        • folding chairs
        • outside food and beverages.

clt says feel free to bring in your service horse

I’m betting “containers “ cover empty water bottles. Our guide says the same, but specifically states empty water bottles are okay. Bet I won’t get in with one.