Bracketology

[URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology[/URL]

Thanks OrangeOtto :thumbsup:

So by us being a ā€œnew arrivalā€ does that must mean heā€™s putting us into the conversation, potentially as a last 4 out or something? Cause we sure as hell ainā€™t getting in unless we win the A-10 tourney.

Gary Parrish of Sportsline.com lists Dayton, UMass, and X in his latest field of 64.

Projecting the Field - Updated 12/31/06

Itā€™s got to be a misprint, because we were in the bracket in Novemberā€¦

So by us being a "new arrival" does that must mean he's putting us into the conversation, potentially as a last 4 out or something? Cause we sure as hell ain't getting in unless we win the A-10 tourney.

I think it was a goof.

Since we were on the previous bracketology, weā€™re not a ā€˜New Arrivalā€™ we should be ā€˜Out of Considerationā€™

[QUOTE=ChevEE;208432]Itā€™s got to be a misprint, because we were in the bracket in Novemberā€¦[/QUOTE]

Gary Parishā€™s field was posted on 12/31 without Charlotte? I guess it must of been before the results of the Wofford game were known.

Updated: Jan. 3, 2007
[B]Bracketology scroll[/B]

Here is the complete rundown of this weekā€™s bracket hot and not:REGION PAIRINGS

West vs. Midwest (1 vs. 4)
South vs. East (2 vs. 3)

CONFERENCE BREAKDOWN

ACC (7)
Big East (7)
Big Ten (6)
SEC (6)
Big 12 (5)
Pac-10 (5)
Missouri Valley (4)
Mountain West (2)

LAST FOUR IN

Illinois
Missouri
Washington State
Purdue

LAST FOUR OUT

Syracuse
Southern California
Xavier
Texas Tech

NEXT FOUR OUT

DePaul
Western Kentucky
Bradley
South Carolina

ALSO CONSIDERED

Davidson
Kansas State
New Mexico
Georgia
Oklahoma
Dayton
Santa Clara
Hawaii
Creighton
Utah State
Mississippi State
San Diego State
Massachusetts
Loyola (Chi.)
Marist
Indiana State

NEW ARRIVALS

Butler
Maryland
Michigan State
Clemson
UNLV
West Virginia
Notre Dame
Drexel
Virginia Tech
Missouri
Washington State
Purdue
Appalachian State
Saint Louis
Ohio
Siena
UC Santa Barbara
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
Holy Cross
Belmont
Vermont
Weber State
Louisiana-Monroe
Sacred Heart
Oakland
Howard

OFF THE BOARD

Akron
Albany
Boston College
Bucknell
Charleston
[B]Charlotte[/B]
Creighton
Delaware State
DePaul
Hofstra
Houston
Lipscomb
Long Beach State
Louisville
Loyola (Chi.)
Marist
Michigan
Montana
Oral Roberts
Robert Morris
Sam Houston
San Diego State
Syracuse
Virginia
Western Kentucky
XavierGAMES OF THE WEEK

[B]WED/Clemson at Florida State[B]
Two frequent ACC ā€œhave-notsā€ fight for bracket position.[/B][/B][B][B][B]WED/Kansas State at Xavier (ESPN2)[B]
Bob Huggins returns to Cincinnati in a key bubble game.[/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B]THUR/Pittsburgh at Syracuse (ESPN)[B]
The Orange need a statement win. Badly.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B]THUR/Bradley at Wichita State[B]
Loser can probably say goodbye to next weekā€™s bracket.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]THUR/Jackson State at Alabama A&M[B]
Two of the three best teams in the SWAC collide.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]SAT/Notre Dame at Georgetown (ESPN Full Court)[B]
Who knew the Hoyas would need it more?[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]SAT/Southern Illinois at Northern Iowa (ESPNU)[B]
Not sure if these are the two best teams in the Valley, but itā€™s close.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]SAT/Alabama at Arkansas (ESPN Full Court)[B]
The early clash in the SEC.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]SAT/UNLV at Air Force[B]
My favorite matchup of the entire week.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]SAT/Harvard at Dartmouth[B]
The annual early opener in the Ivies, with a bracket spot to the winner.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]SAT/Akron at Ohio[B]
An early (but important) showdown in the MAC.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]SAT/Connecticut at LSU (ESPN)[B]
Can UConn win a road game? First you have to play some.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]SAT/Arizona at Washington State[B]
Methinks this could be a trap for the Wildcats.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]TUE/Army at Holy Cross[B]
The resurgent Black Knights look for a key Patriot League scalp.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]TUE/Ohio State at Wisconsin[B]
The first of what could be three epic Big Ten encounters.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]

Gary Parrish of Sportsline.com lists Dayton, UMass, and X in his latest field of 64.

Projecting the Field - Updated 12/31/06

no wayā€¦

right now it looks like weā€™re getting 1ā€¦

I know its earlyā€¦and you have to take these things with a grain of saltā€¦but I swear Lunardi is off his rocker on this one.

First offā€¦X would have to completely meltdown to not get an at large bid. And I donā€™t see that happening. He has X as one of the last 4 outā€¦but Illinois as one of the last 4 inā€¦not but a few days after X plays the best they have all year to beat Illinois. I dunno about that

He also has Witcha St at an 8 seed with a rising stockā€¦but they are in the middle of a 4 game losing streak and have yet to win a conference game.

Has about 2 to many ACC teams (Va Tech???)

Why does he have Villanova in but Syracuse out?

And most importantlyā€¦the fact that he even has our name on the damn thing shows he has no clue what he is talking about.

Has about 2 to many ACC teams (Va Tech?????)

Donā€™t you know that the ACC doesnā€™t get any respect and every team in the conference should be in the tournament?

[QUOTE=run49er;208430]Gary Parrish of Sportsline.com lists Dayton, UMass, and X in his latest field of 64.

Projecting the Field - Updated 12/31/06[/QUOTE]

I think we get 2 inā€¦MAYBE three. X and SLU. I think UMass screwed themselves last night and have to step it up

Hopefully we get two in, but there is a good chance that ole Juan Bid will be making an appearance this year.

Don't you know that the ACC doesn't get any respect and every team in the conference should be in the tournament?

VT has 5 starting seniorsā€¦theyā€™re not a bad team. They could easily be playing in March.

[QUOTE=casstommy;208443]I think we get 2 inā€¦MAYBE three. X and SLU. I think UMass screwed themselves last night and have to step it up[/QUOTE]

we are 14th in RPI
we get one at large maybe with SLU at 43rpi
most likely just the tourny winner is going to the NCAA.
the Colonial and Horizon are ahead of usā€¦http://kenpom.com/confrank.php?y=2007

[QUOTE=metro;208464]we are 14th in RPI
we get one at large maybe with SLU at 43rpi
most likely just the tourny winner is going to the NCAA.
the Colonial and Horizon are ahead of usā€¦http://kenpom.com/confrank.php?y=2007[/QUOTE]

Conference RPIā€™s will shake out once conference play starts. We will move up a littleā€¦above Colonial and Horizon I would guess but behind CUSA.

In any eventā€¦I still think 2 is more than likelyā€¦3 being an outside shotā€¦way outside.

Conference RPI's will shake out once conference play starts. We will move up a little....above Colonial and Horizon I would guess but behind CUSA.

In any eventā€¦I still think 2 is more than likelyā€¦3 being an outside shotā€¦way outside.

You are correct. The A-10 is at #14 and has a current record of 93-77. RPI = .4976

The A-10 should pull out ahead of #13 CAA in about a week (the colonial only has 60 OOC wins. RPI = .4991 They are a hair ahead of the A-10 at the moment). The Horizon and and WCC will weaken over time - each has only 45 OOC wins. Both should finish below the A-10.

Iā€™m not exactly going out on a limb, but Iā€™m going to predict the A-10 finishes #11 - just behind Conference USA. I thought the A-10 would finish strong toward the end of the OOC, but the opposite happened. I canā€™t see the A-10 catching up to any other conference and I canā€™t see any other conference catching up to the A-10.

[QUOTE=casstommy;208469]Conference RPIā€™s will shake out once conference play starts. We will move up a littleā€¦above Colonial and Horizon I would guess but behind CUSA.

In any eventā€¦I still think 2 is more than likelyā€¦3 being an outside shotā€¦way outside.[/QUOTE]

huh? conference RPIā€™s remain pretty static once conference play begins.

huh? conference RPI's remain pretty static once conference play begins.

Kind of static.

The A-10 has an overall record of 93-77 (.547). The WCC has an overall record of 45-65 (.409)

So an average team in the A-10 has an OOC record of 6-5. The average WCC team is more like 5-6 or 4-7.

Since RPI is based on the formula 25% record, 50% opponentā€™s record, 25% opponentā€™s opponentā€™s record - Once the teams start playing each other in conference, the overall conference RPI can still shift up or down.

Thatā€™s how the ACC or the Big East or the Pac 10 can play s*** teams and still come out ahead in the end.

We are arguing over 13th and 14th placeā€¦who cares!

the fact of the matter isā€¦itā€™s terrible!

With SLUā€™s loss to the bonnies it is going to be EXTREMELY tough for them to get an at large now. X helped themselves some by beating K-State, I see X as being the only at large possibility and maybe Dayton (if they can pull off 15 wins 13-3 in conference play and at least 2 in AC.)