Braves new closer?

like in tradition the phillies will choke here in a few games and the lose their momentum.

Gene Garber. Bring back the side arm! :lol:

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Aug 18 2005, 07:06 PM [b] 4 1/2 games. Can you feel the breath? [/b]
Nope, but I can smell it.

I am liking Farnsworth more and more as the new closer. Hope Hampton looks good tonight, the Braves have taken a step back since the 2 came off the DL. Either Hampton or Thompson has to start pitching like they did earlier or we may have some trouble.

As a Cub fan, I’ve got a unique perspective of Farnsworth. He has incredible talent, and when he feels like it, can be the most dominating pitcher in baseball, I mean, he can hit 102 mph, that’s just plain untouchable. However, he never seemed to have the head for it in Chicago. He never really got extended looks as the closer because he always seemed to screw it up in the beginning. He was amazing in one season as a setup man and very good in another. I really liked the guy, but he just never seemed to focus. It started as a problem with going out too much and drinkng too much, and it turned into just too much pressure and focus, even after he settled down off the field. He had been great in Detroit this year though, and has been very good with the Braves after the trade. I say give him the chance, the change of scenery may be all he needed. Also, there’s no one I’d rather see on the field in a brawl than Farnsworth. Paul Wilson, a Reds pitcher, was batting against him in '03 and Farnsworth threw one high and tight. Wilson took exception and mouthed off to him, which prompted Kyle to come off the mound a step and yell something back. Wilson took one step towards Kyle and Farnsworth rushed him, hit him like Urlacher would hit a running back and slammed him to the ground. He then proceeded to mount him and punch him in the face till both teams pulled him off. Amazing. Did something very similar this year again.

3 1/2

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Aug 21 2005, 02:30 AM [b] 3 1/2 [/b]
Yawn.

Maybe the Phils should focus on developing a 3.5 game lead in the Wild card first. Only a team that hasn’t sniffed the playoffs in 12 years starts talking trash now.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Aug 21 2005, 04:23 PM [b] Maybe the Phils should focus on developing a 3.5 game lead in the Wild card first. Only a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 12 years starts talking trash now. [/b]
Chase Utley, Charlie Manuel, and the team aren't talking trash. Only one of their fans, who shares with you a love of the Niners, is trash talking. I have a ton of respect for the Braves. Schuerholtz, Cox(the wife beater), and rocka Leo are amongst the top in their professions. However, their brilliance won't get them into October this year.

NL West SD
NL Central SL
NL East PHI
WC HOU

We’ll see. I am sure you’ll turn into a Cubs fan in a few weeks and only want to talk about “next season.”

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Aug 22 2005, 03:41 AM [b] Chase Utley, Charlie Manuel, and the team aren't talking trash. Only one of their fans, who shares with you a love of the Niners, is trash talking. I have a ton of respect for the Braves. Schuerholtz, Cox(the wife beater), and rocka Leo are amongst the top in their professions. However, their brilliance won't get them into October this year.

NL West SD
NL Central SL
NL East PHI
WC HOU [/b]

East - ATL
Cent - STL
West - SD
WC - PHI or HOU

2 1/2 games.

162 games is a marathon. This is the best I’ve felt about the Philthies since '93.

All these Wunder-Rooks are returning to their human status except Franceour. However, that guy never hit .300 in the minors.

Back to 3 1/2.

I see.

4 1/2 game lead now.

can i get a phillies blow bull balls?

You can get a shut up jerk. I never liked baseball anyways, jeez.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Aug 29 2005, 07:17 AM [b] You can get a shut up jerk. I never liked baseball anyways, jeez. [/b]
:lol:

Still 4 1/2 games…Phillies fall to a tie for the wild card with the Marlins.

4 games. Pedro got Utley’d.