Braves new closer?

This shit is getting ridiculous. So who’s it gonna be?

ME

This topic sucks.

What’s the difference between a Braves fan and a Tar Hole fan?

Absolutely nothing

ZING!

umm whats the difference a philly phillies fan a bucket of shit.

The Bucket

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Aug 17 2005, 01:37 AM [b] This topic sucks.

Absolutely nothing

ZING! [/b]

We’re in first. That will be all.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Aug 17 2005, 02:37 AM [b] This topic sucks.

Absolutely nothing

ZING! [/b]

What’s the difference between a Philles fan and a Memphis State fan? Memphis fans boo their own team less.

I don’t think Farnsworth is the answer. He’s tried closing in Chicago when Gordon was injured a few years ago. He got rocked. Reitsma has been the best option. Kolb is definitely not the answer. This team is looking more and more like the 91,92, and 96 Braves. They have most of the pieces except a dependable closer. In postseason, you have to have one.

I’d go with john foster, i’ve never seen that guy get rocked, he may not be spectacular but he is a hell of a lot more dependable than kolb/reitsma/farnsworth, any of whom depend too much on fastballs and can get blasted for 3-5 ER at any time.

I like Farnsworth. He pitched out of a jam last night, even though he created it. He has the attitude of a closer.

I voted for Davies in my own poll. I think he’d be a good addition to the bullpen for the post-season. I don’t know who they’d send down to bring him back, but it’d be interesting to see tried. I’d also be for giving Macay McBride a shot at the job.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Aug 16 2005, 11:45 PM [b] So who's it gonna be? [/b]
Is doesn't matter who's on the mound. They need Biff Poccoroba back behind the plate.

I think the title of this thread should be “Who should we blame when our 5 game lead implodes and we don’t make the post season.”

<-- Not a booer, I’m not actually from Philly, so I’m just a partial A-hole.

Whats the difference between a Mets and a Yankee fans?

Nobody hates the Met fan.

As a die hard Braves fan, I had been waiting for this topic to come up. I don’t like the idea of having a closer who is a dominant Change-up because they either have it or they don’t from night to night. Plus I have never fell inlove with Reistma. He was terrible last year everytime I saw him pitch and with the exception of some stretches he has been terrible this year. I would actually like to see us give it to Farsworth or give the guy from NC State a chance.

This is a big problem and unless something changes I do believe the Braves bullpen problems will come back to haunt them in September and October.

Poco and Murph as the backup. Those were the days.
Farnsworth then the State guy, Devine they both need a shot.

man stick me in as closer i can throw 120 mph…i have a steel arm.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Aug 16 2005, 11:45 PM [b] This shit is getting ridiculous. So who's it gonna be? [/b]
Kent Tekulve
[i]Originally posted by Catswin+Aug 18 2005, 12:58 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Catswin @ Aug 18 2005, 12:58 PM)

4 1/2 games. Can you feel the breath?

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Aug 18 2005, 08:06 PM [b] 4 1/2 games. Can you feel the breath? [/b]
Na I never worry about the Phils too much. Mainly because with the exception of 1993 they have yet to knock out the Braves. I have a good friend from high school who loves the Phillies. I am glad they finally made a smart move and got rid of Larry Bowa. I do hope they take the Wild card.
[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Aug 18 2005, 06:06 PM [b] 4 1/2 games. Can you feel the breath? [/b]
No.