BREAKING NEWS: Brett Favre Took a Pee

[QUOTE=Submarley734;332701]Just reality man. I’m a Dolphins fan and they suck too. Bottom line is that favre will not make the jets an elite team. It’s just not going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

With the moves the Jets made in the offseason to get the right pieces for their defense, along with the moves to bolster the offensive line, the only major question mark was quarterback.

If Brett Favre can play like he did last year the Jets will be a playoff team.

Most people had them between 7 and 9 wins without Favre. You have to remember the Jets were a 10-6 playoff team in 2006 and had to deal with a ton of injuries in 2007.

jets still have a terrible team. Now they have a quarterback who is pushing 40. Congrats!

I’ll be shocked if they win 8 games.

Get a clue. The Packers won 13 games last season.

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;332671]Follow up: Brett Farve makes a pass at Cameron Diaz, intercepted by annoying overly eager son of comedy legend Jerry Stiller.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of, did you know that Cameron Diaz dumped Brett Favre because she was a Niners fan?? Don’t know what we have to do with Favre, but I’m glad she’s on board…

[QUOTE=gotLutz;332709]Get a clue. The Packers won 13 games last season.[/QUOTE]

That was the packers. They had way more talent then the jets do

[QUOTE=wayton5646;332724]That was the packers. They had way more talent then the jets do[/QUOTE]

More talent?

Thomas Jones & the Laveranues Coles/Jericho Cotchery combo is arguably better than Ryan Grant & the Donald Driver/Greg Jennings combo.

Coles was had 90 catches with friggin Patrick Ramsey as his QB. Both WRs for the Jets have never had a QB with a legit arm, yet still put up good numbers.

He has the same TE he had in GB, Bubba Franks, along with 1st Round pick Dustin Keller.

The Jets offensive line has 4 1st round picks including pro-bowlers Fanaca & Woody.

Do some research before you post. Thanks.

More talent?

Thomas Jones & the Laveranues Coles/Jericho Cotchery combo is arguably better than Ryan Grant & the Donald Driver/Greg Jennings combo.

Coles was had 90 catches with friggin Patrick Ramsey as his QB. Both WRs for the Jets have never had a QB with a legit arm, yet still put up good numbers.

He has the same TE he had in GB, Bubba Franks, along with 1st Round pick Dustin Keller.

The Jets offensive line has 4 1st round picks including pro-bowlers Fanaca & Woody.

Do some research before you post. Thanks.

I won’t fault u for being optimistic, it’s the beginning of the year and everybody thinks their team will do decent or at least better than last year, but I promise you (and you can bring this post back up later if I’m wrong) that the jets are not a playoff team in 2008, even with the new found drama queen qb they just hired. In my opinion, this is a horrible idea for the jets who could have given their young qbs some good experience this year, rather than sit them on the bench and watch the team lose anyway. Just my opinion, but that’s why opinions are like ass holes.

ps: and yes, greenbay still has more talent than the jets do.

I don’t think it’s a matter of talent: the Jets have gone out and gotten new talent, and the WR corps is pretty decent.

But the fact that the Jets have such a tough schedule, in an offense that doesn’t really cater to Favre’s style. “What, I have to [I]think[/I] before I throw the ball? No, no no… that’s not how it works. You see, I just hurl the damn thing as hard as I can and [I]somebody[/I] is going to catch it. Don’t know what color his jersey will be, it may be a guy in the fifth row, but [I]somebody[/I] will catch it.”

Will Favre help the Jets? Of course. But in a division and a conference that will eat any mistake prone team alive, Favre will still make his mistakes and his contribution will even out.

Thank heavens for Brett Favre. Was worried that Vick’s incarceration was gonna leave ESPN without a c##k to gobble!

[QUOTE=thelew1014;332740]I don’t think it’s a matter of talent: the Jets have gone out and gotten new talent, and the WR corps is pretty decent.

But the fact that the Jets have such a tough schedule, in an offense that doesn’t really cater to Favre’s style. “What, I have to [I]think[/I] before I throw the ball? No, no no… that’s not how it works. You see, I just hurl the damn thing as hard as I can and [I]somebody[/I] is going to catch it. Don’t know what color his jersey will be, it may be a guy in the fifth row, but [I]somebody[/I] will catch it.”

Will Favre help the Jets? Of course. But in a division and a conference that will eat any mistake prone team alive, Favre will still make his mistakes and his contribution will even out.[/QUOTE]

The Jets offense was “think before you throw” only to cater to Pennington, who can only be good if the system is set up that way. The Jets never threw down field with Pennington, because he didn’t have the arm strength. They can now open up the offense with Favre. Also, teams would play 8 in the box agaisnt Pennington so the running game was limited. Now teams have to respect the QB so the runing game will be playing against a normal front.

While the AFC is tougher than the NFC, it is still the NFL and you never know year in and year out who will be good. The Colts could struggle this year (Manning surgery/Harrison shootig/injury last year) and the Patriots defense is very old. San Diego still has Norv Turner as coach and are we really sold on David Gerrard at QB for Jacksonville? The Bills were 7-9 last year had no QB and played vs. the NFC East out of conference (the best division in football), so with the acquisitions the Jets have made, the playoffs are not out of the question.

For fun

@ Miami W
vs. New England L
@ San Diego L
vs. Arizona W
Bye
vs. Cincy W
@ Oakland W
vs. Kansas City W
@ Buffalo L
vs. St. Louis W
@ New England L
@ Tennessee L
vs. Denver W
@ San Fran W
vs. Buffalo W
@ Seattle L
vs. Miami W

Prediction - 10-6

I think that is a reasonable prediction.