Brett Jensen on WFNZ about C49 Football

I don’t see us letting a HS game tear up our field the night before our home games… the same reason the Panthers don’t want us to tear up theirs. In addition, if Belk is upgraded I assume our men’s and women’s soccer teams would still be using it for practice and matches. Correct?

I still say Memorial is the way to go for a few years IF it costs us nothing…

Also, if Rucker or Minter have aspirations of being a member of our coaching staff… there is no better way to get a foot in the door than purchasing FSL’s!

What I was told by George (forget the last name, but works for the Athletic department. Gill or Cha_49 maybe know because they were at the table too) at the football event at Quail Hollow was that one of the options was to use Belk for football and track and then go back to using the old soccer field (with upgrades) for soccer. Didn’t sound like it was a definite that soccer would use the old field if Belk became the football stadium, but he did throw it out there as a possibility.

We continue to hear people complain about us joining the A-10 but I have yet to hear what the better option was.
I agree with this.

[QUOTE=Niner National;419550]What I was told by George (forget the last name, but works for the Athletic department. Gill or Cha_49 maybe know because they were at the table too) at the football event at Quail Hollow was that one of the options was to use Belk for football and track and then go back to using the old soccer field (with upgrades) for soccer. Didn’t sound like it was a definite that soccer would use the old field if Belk became the football stadium, but he did throw it out there as a possibility.[/QUOTE]

The campus plan shows a new soccer complex over toward the Credit Union at some point. Track & Field would remain after football moves to the new stadium. It’s not ideal for soccer.

the only problem i have with the a10 is it is a northern conference with that you have to drive a minimum of 4hrs to see an away game
Does that mean you're opposed to us joining the Big East, or even the SEC? (I'm not saying the SEC will ever happen)... Playing an away conference football game at Syracuse is a problem I would love for us to have.

Geographically, the ACC is pretty much the only good conference for us that is convenient. That will never happen though, so we must look for conferences that provide the most competition.

Geographically, the ACC is pretty much the only good conference for us that is convenient. That will never happen though, so we must look for conferences that provide the most competition.
Correct.... which is what we've always done............. and also what MOST other schools have done. That's why BC plays conference games at Miami, Arizona plays at Washington, etc.

Per John Lassiter:
the site is maintained by the County. They have lots of repairs on schedule due to soccer and football events that they would like to keep here in charlotte.

This was in response to an email i sent to the city council, just to see where things stood with it.

Per John Lassiter: the site is maintained by the County. They have lots of repairs on schedule due to soccer and football events that they would like to keep here in charlotte.

This was in response to an email i sent to the city council, just to see where things stood with it.

Thanks for the update. Is the athletic department paying you a consulting fee? :wink:

[QUOTE=Normmm;419619]Thanks for the update. Is the athletic department paying you a consulting fee? ;)[/QUOTE]

my thinking is just that in 4 years memorial will have to be fixed, whether Charlotte football happens or not.