Bring back Bobby Lutz!

The lack of games on ESPN is a direct result of who we play more than our record over the past years. I mean not like all the other CUSA teams are playing on ESPN regularly and we are not because we suck.

We need to get all of our games on ESPN 3 at minimum. They have D2 and D3 teams playing on there.

All of us want the best coach available. With that said, Lutz has to be in the Top 5. We have unique dynamics in play. Lutz deserves an interview and serious consideration if he has interest.

Guys,
from what we have now witnessed by Dubois, I think you have to throw out Bobby’s last 5 years. That was Dubois’ first 5 years. Dubois came here with the sober intent to DESTROY basketball and did so by definition. It makes me even a tad sympathetic to Judy and Lambert. Dubois is against tooling athletic departments, and I would go as far to say he is a serious drag. Hopefully he has learned his lesson, but I am far from sold (after his December WFNZ debacle)

Guys,
from what we have now witnessed by Dubois, I think you have to throw out Bobby’s last 5 years. That was Dubois’ first 5 years. Dubois came here with the sober intent to DESTROY basketball and did so by definition. It makes me even a tad sympathetic to Judy and Lambert. Dubois is against tooling athletic departments, and I would go as far to say he is a serious drag. Hopefully he has learned his lesson, but I am far from sold (after his December WFNZ debacle)[/quote] I agree with your comments about being sympathetic to Judy and Lambert. I find it extremely hard to believe our demise is based entirely on their abilities or efforts. The case can be made that we have not had a recent “culture for athletic success.” Phil seems to believe we can hang UNC in front of our name and that will suffice. His recent comments can be easily interpreted as, we do not need to build our own athletic success, we can leverage the UNC name and use the success of UNC-CH as part of our own. After all, we are one big happy family.

With everything I have ever heard Phil say or be quoted, he seems to think he is here primarily for the benefit of the UNC system, not for Charlotte. Charlotte is here to simply play a role. He has failed to understand why it is important for Charlotte (us) to enjoy our own athletic success or have our own identity.

From what I have been able to ascertain, Phil is personally content with being a part of the UNC system and has limited desire for Charlotte’s individual success. I toured the campus over the weekend. We have, by far, the most beautiful campus in the state. We are located in an “international city.” We have 30,000 students and a lot of available land for growth. We have no excuses for the limited success we have had or lack of recognition we currently receive.

I hope Phil proves me wrong but it appears he is here to serve the UNC system and not the students, alumni and fans of “our” institution. I am personally tired of relying on the UNC name for credibility. It is imperative that we build a name for “ourselves” and build a strong athletic department like we were quickly building prior to his arrival. Phil needs to “buy in” to Charlotte and move away from being complacent with having UNC in front of our name. I have no doubt he can make great things happen but I have great concerns that he is being given a directive from the UNC system (his boss) to simply play a “supporting cast” role. I am convinced the UNC System has encouraged us to de-emphasize athletics and stay within our swim lane. Remember when the former Presidents of our UNC System came onto our campus and discouraged us from pursuing football. They stated that there are other schools that should pursue football, “that is not our role.”

Let’s start with serious consideration of bringing back Bobby, rebuilding our basketball program, and then focus on other critical areas quickly thereafter.

Not sure how many times it has to be said. Bobby was fired by Phil. Phil is still here.

Not sure how many times it has to be said. Bobby was fired by Phil. Phil is still here.[/quote]. Yeah, cause something like that (fired and rehired) has never happened before. :sunglasses:

Not sure how many times it has to be said. Bobby was fired by Phil. Phil is still here.[/quote]. Yeah, cause something like that (fired and rehired) has never happened before. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Maybe by the same institution but not by the same person that fired them. I love Bobby, but I think some of you aren’t looking at the dynamics that got him fired here.

Pride is being concerned with who is right.
Humility is being concerned with what is right.
I hope our leadership is blessed with humility.

People change, mature and grow on both sides. I still believe that Bobby gives the best opportunity to be competitive the quickest. Whether or not it is possible for both sides to come together or not doesn’t diminish my opinion that Bobby gives us fans hope the fastest. He will provide excitement and no one will hate losing more than he does. Good gosh he bleeds GREEN!

If we don’t hire Bobby we are never going to succeed. WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS!

No Coach Can Succeed at Charlotte Not Named Bobby Lutz. My column:

2 reasons Bobby won’t happen:

-Would give appearance that CHP has conceded in some fashion that he contributed to a mistake by supporting Bobby’s original firing. Phil has too much pride to allow for that

-New AD will prob feel determined to find his own guy, and avoid what some may view as merely a gimmick hire.

[quote=“49ER9ER, post:490, topic:31267”]Pride is being concerned with who is right.
Humility is being concerned with what is right.
I hope our leadership is blessed with humility.[/quote] He isn’t.

[font=Roboto][size=13px]“I hope Phil proves me wrong but it appears…”[/size][/font]
[font=Roboto][/size][/font]
[font=Roboto][/size][size=13px]this is the definition of insanity…[/size][/font]
[font=Roboto][/size][size=13px]elvi[/size][/font]
[font=Roboto][/size][size=13px] [/size][/font]

Not sure how many times it has to be said. Bobby was fired by Phil. Phil is still here.[/quote]. Yeah, cause something like that (fired and rehired) has never happened before. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Maybe by the same institution but not by the same person that fired them. I love Bobby, but I think some of you aren’t looking at the dynamics that got him fired here.[/quote]. JR fired Marty Hurney and rehired him. We know JR is still making the calls until the team is sold.

Maybe by the same institution but not by the same person that fired them. I love Bobby, but I think some of you aren’t looking at the dynamics that got him fired here.[/quote]. JR fired Marty Hurney and rehired him. We know JR is still making the calls until the team is sold.[/quote]

I don’t think The Big Cat fired Hurney because he personally didn’t like him or his family. His firing was performance related. Bobby’s firing was less about performance and more about just who he was.

Also that’s the NFL where at the end of the day $ matters.

The only avenue I saw for Bobby’s return was Judy convincing Phil because she knew she had to win and she knew she could work with Bobby and get people off her back. I don’t see a new AD going to the mat for Bobby when there will be plenty of other candidates out there.

I get why you all want him, just not sure you all understand why he got fired and how poisoned the well is. Anything I guess is possible, but I don’t see it happening barring a complete 180 from Phil.

I will be so glad when this ridiculous thread dies

If it wasnt enough that Phil is still here, Bobby echoed my statement during his interview this week: ADs always hire their own people. Always.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:499, topic:31267”]I will be so glad when this ridiculous thread dies

If it wasnt enough that Phil is still here, Bobby echoed my statement during his interview this week: ADs always hire their own people. Always.[/quote]ALVVAYS