Brooklyn New Yorkers?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Are-the-New-Jersey-Nets-becoming-the-Brooklyn-N?urn=nba-295887

The Brooklyn New Yorkers? Do you see Michael Jordan calling his team the Charlotte North Carolinians? Do we have a Miami Floridians? New Orleans Louisanaians? This is dumb.

Houston Texans.

I like the name Brooklyn Streetwalkers myself.

Montreal Canadians
Vancouver Canucks

Montreal Canadians would be Montreal Quebecers if we went by the same logic. And we don’t have a team named the Americans.
I don’t agree with Houston Texans, either.
And Vancouver Canucks would be Vancouver British Columbians.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:6, topic:24548”]Montreal Canadians would be Montreal Quebecers if we went by the same logic. And we don’t have a team named the Americans.
I don’t agree with Houston Texans, either.
And Vancouver Canucks would be Vancouver British Columbians.[/quote]

I know it applies to almost all of your posts, but I feel this is an excellent opportunity for a

I think the Nets is a pretty good name but PLEASE Michael Jordan change the name of the NBA team in Charlotte! Bobcats is the worst freakin name in professional sports anything would be better but I would love to see us get the Hornets name back!

What’s wrong with Brooklyn Nets or New York Nets?

Thunder is worse.

Yeah. I always thought the whole gimmick was about the Mets, Jets, and Nets.

When it Thunders people get scared, it is an awesome name like the Lightning or the Hurricanes. A Bobcat is only slightly larger than a house cat plus the name came from the big ego former owner who couldn’t give a crap about the Charlotte region.

Fixed

Fixed[/quote]

Damn… I had it that way and then thought it looked wrong and changed it… As they say, your first guess is always your best guess.

Just because we don’t doesn’t mean we never did…

The New York Americans were a professional ice hockey team based in New York, New York from 1925 to 1942. They were the third expansion team in the history of the National Hockey League (NHL) and the second to play in the United States. The team never won the Stanley Cup, but reached the semifinals twice. While it was the first team in New York, it was eclipsed by the second, the New York Rangers, which arrived in 1926 under the ownership of the Amerks’ landlord, Madison Square Garden. The team operated as the [glow=red,2,300]Brooklyn Americans[/glow] during the 1941–42 season before suspending operations in 1942 due to the twin strains of World War II and longstanding financial difficulties. The demise of the club marked the beginning of the NHL’s so-called Original Six era from 1942 to 1967, though the Amerks’ franchise was not formally canceled until 1946

The Brooklyn New Yorkers sound like they are trying too hard. Brooklyn Nets seems fine, but I think they want to rid themselves of the NJ Nets stigma.

Apparently there is a requirement in their agreement with the Downtown Brooklyn Redevelopment Authority that they have either Brooklyn or New York in their name, but I do not know all of the details.

The preliminary logos I saw were pretty brutal other than the Brooklyn text being in a graffiti font, which I thought was cool.

Brooklyn Crooks wouldn’t go over well, but one of Brooklyn’s nicknames is Crooklyn and steals are a part of basketball…

They Need to be the Brooklyn Brownstone

The place if full of them, and they could play Mr. Brownstone by GnR at every break.

[quote=“s9er, post:17, topic:24548”]They Need to be the Brooklyn Brownstone

The place if full of them, and they could play Mr. Brownstone by GnR at every break.[/quote]

And the could give free heroin to the hipsters that come to the games.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:18, topic:24548”][quote=“s9er, post:17, topic:24548”]They Need to be the Brooklyn Brownstone

The place if full of them, and they could play Mr. Brownstone by GnR at every break.[/quote]

And the could give free heroin to the hipsters that come to the games.[/quote]

I bet the Russian has great contacts for the good Iranian shit