Bruno Solomun - 2016 PF - offer

6’11 PF from Croatia, plays at Forsyth Country Day in Lewisville, NC. Played AAU ball with Quentin Jackson Jr. We offered him a while back and watched him very closely over this past weekend in Greensboro.

http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/3831-phenom-hoop-jamboree-senior-sleepers

Bruno Solomun, 6-8 PF, Forsyth Country Day School (NC): The 6-foot-9 native of Croatia has been in the United States for three months. On Saturday, he introduced himself to the general public by raining three-pointers against a talented Concord team. Solomun is the quintessential stretch four man. He slid out to the three-point line, was the beneficiary of great passes and let it fly from deep. He’s big and strong enough to be a nice option down low as a below the rim post scorer, too. At this weekend’s National Showcase in Winston-Salem, Solomun is worth another evaluation. He just took the SAT for the first time on Saturday, before coming over to the Jamboree. [b]Charlotte, UNC Wilmington, UNC Greensboro, St. Bonaventure, Old Dominion, Furman and Oral Roberts have either been in to see him or shown interest, he said. Mark Price and two assistants were courtside for all of his games on Saturday.[/b]

if Benas, Bergang, and potentially this guy work out well, that could maybe generate a good pipeline for us for European big men. European players would definitely fix into a Mark Price team that wants players with shooting skills at every position.

As long as they can still defend the interior and rebound, I don’t really care how they score their points.

i am headed to the phenom hoop thing today. i will give a scouting report.

lol, hopefully it’s better than your Izundu scouting :stuck_out_tongue:

i went to his game today. if we are looking for a big man who can rebound, block shots and come in and play defense and start early, this is not the kid. he is a southern conference type talent. pretty good shooter but not someone we can afford to grab with how important these two schollies are. we need a kid like bol. this kid did not impress me.

Commits to Miami of Ohio.

Has requested his release to transfer from Miami U. Played in 13 games as a frosh in 2016-17, averaging 2.3 ppg and 1.7 rpg in almost 10 minutes of action. Season highs of 11 points (inc 3-4 on 3s) and 6 rebounds vs Mizzou.

Will have three years after sitting out per NCAA rules.