Burger Company on Morehead

OK I ate here last night. Place is on Morehead just a stone’s throw from the Freedom/Morehead intersection. I think it used to be a shady car dealership. Food was pretty good, but the real reason I am posting this that there was not a single college banner in the place besides a Niner Nation banner beside the bar. You read that right - no Chapel Hill/NCSU/ACC/App/Davidson/whoever garbage - ONLY a Niner Nation Banner.

I felt this was worthy of a thread. We have to show them some love!

Food was pretty good - big selection of burgers (obviously), good number of TVs, out door patio, full bar and a few cute waitresses.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:23705”]OK I ate here last night. Place is on Morehead just a stone’s throw from the Freedom/Morehead intersection. I think it used to be a shady car dealership. Food was pretty good, but the real reason I am posting this that there was not a single college banner in the place besides a Niner Nation banner beside the bar. You read that right - no Chapel Hill/NCSU/ACC/App/Davidson/whoever garbage - ONLY a Niner Nation Banner.

Food was pretty good - big selection of burgers (obviously), good number of TVs, out door patio, full bar and a few cute waitresses.[/quote]
Are you sure you looked hard enough? You’ll have to forgive me, this is pretty hard to believe.

[quote=“49or bust, post:2, topic:23705”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:23705”]OK I ate here last night. Place is on Morehead just a stone’s throw from the Freedom/Morehead intersection. I think it used to be a shady car dealership. Food was pretty good, but the real reason I am posting this that there was not a single college banner in the place besides a Niner Nation banner beside the bar. You read that right - no Chapel Hill/NCSU/ACC/App/Davidson/whoever garbage - ONLY a Niner Nation Banner.

Food was pretty good - big selection of burgers (obviously), good number of TVs, out door patio, full bar and a few cute waitresses.[/quote]
Are you sure you looked hard enough? You’ll have to forgive me, this is pretty hard to believe.[/quote]

I know dude! It was very hard to believe. Wife and buddy looked around too. Not one other banner.

How much had you had to drink?

I work like 2 blocks down and have gone there like 3 or 4 times since it opened back in May (I think). It is pretty good and while it’s not Cookout prices, it’s still a good buy. They have tater tots too, and if that didn’t just give you a raging semi I don’t know what to tell you.

I was in there about a month ago and I can’t recall that banner being in there so it’s fairly new. Great to hear, I’ll make sure to hit it up for sure now.

nn.n lunch that i won’t be able to attend possibility?

they have the room to house us.

Full bar means maybe a NNN happy hour that you can attend?

Of course since I have made a big deal about this I bet they are hanging garbage banners right now - that would be my luck.

Went there for lunch a few weeks ago. I did notice the 49er banner in there. I can’t say taht I saw any other schools represented, but I didn’t look around that much. I’m up for a NN.N lunch or Happy Hour or both there.

An NNN lunch needs to happen there asap. Just looked over their menu, they have fried pickles and burgers stuffed with cheese!
Here is a pic of said banner (look to the far left): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Charlotte-NC/The-Burger-Company-1500-W-Morehead/317823864338?v=info&__a=11&#!/photo.php?pid=4056011&id=317823864338&ref=fbx_album&fbid=408995919338

There’s going to be another place right down the street from there. The guy who owns Penguin is going to open a joint up in the building with the VW bug on top. Apparently the bug stays.

[quote=“Chisox17, post:9, topic:23705”]An NNN lunch needs to happen there asap. Just looked over their menu, they have fried pickles and burgers stuffed with cheese!
Here is a pic of said banner (look to the far left): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Charlotte-NC/The-Burger-Company-1500-W-Morehead/317823864338?v=info&__a=11&#!/photo.php?pid=4056011&id=317823864338&ref=fbx_album&fbid=408995919338[/quote]

OK Let me look at the work schedule this week and see when we can do a nnn lunch!

what?? where is there a building with a vw bug on top??

If you’re on inbound Freedom, it’s on the right as you come to the intersection with Morehead. You can see it on teh googlemaps.

Yeah they had to get special permission to keep the Bug up there. When the auto shop left/went out of business/what not the building lost the grandfather clause to keep the car up there.

[font=Verdana][size=13px][b]http://tinyurl.com/bugonbldg[/b][/size][/font]

The new place owned by the Penguin’s owners will be called Pinky’s.

The Burger Co is the name of the place NWA is referring to. I was not a big fan of the food when I went, but it’s cool they have a Niners flag and no others. That wasn’t there when I went. Maybe we should drink there before the Tenn. game.

I hope they can manage to keep the garage doors.