Burnin Down the House

Fire in the basement

GOOD

[b]GOOD[/b]

Let’s see… you whine for years that State and everyone else in the ACC was “scared” to play the Niners. Then you get your chance in round 1 of the NCAA tournament and get your asses whipped so you are glad that Reynolds has a fire? Some people would say that’s some mighty sour grapes.

[b]N.C. State won two NCAA men's basketball championships while playing in the coliseum,[/b]
Got anything to match that? I thought not.

Troll.

[i]Originally posted by ElDuke[/i]@May 24 2005, 03:30 PM [b]
[b]GOOD[/b]

Let’s see… you whine for years that State and everyone else in the ACC was “scared” to play the Niners. Then you get your chance in round 1 of the NCAA tournament and get your asses whipped so you are glad that Reynolds has a fire? Some people would say that’s some mighty sour grapes.

[b]N.C. State won two NCAA men's basketball championships while playing in the coliseum,[/b]
Got anything to match that? I thought not. [/b]
Don't come over here and try and degrade our program because of one stupid poster. That would be like me calling all Duke fans arrogant jerks because of your post.

I bet big $$ that El Duke was never a student at Duke. I’d also bet that he is/was a UNCC student. Chances are, that if NC-CH goes on a championship roll that he’ll change over his Wal-Mart gear. He probably is just breaking in his Red Sox cap and Tom Brady jersey.

The ACC has been detrimental to the landscape of college sports with their recent raping of the Big East. Anything bad that happens to an ACC institution will not be cried over by me. I’m glad nobody was hurt.

No argument Pork Chop. He’s been trolling this board and a few Niner boards before this one. If we’re so unimportant I wish he’d quit waisting his time.

Back on topic, I hate that happened to Reynolds. It was a great place to watch a game at. Old seats, small halls and it could get pretty hot in there but it could get LOUD and there was just an atmosphere to it. I actually got to play in Reynolds once as a kid - it was awesome.

State just put some big bucks into fixing it up to continue playing women’s basketball and wrestling in it, wonder if it’s fixable or if they’ll have to find a new home.

The place had character allright. I attended a Phish concert there in December of 99. It was 100 degrees inside, and that doesn’t mix well with body odor and patchuli. The seats and rows were tiny.

Look, I happened to grow up in the area. I watched David Thompson play in that building, and I know first hand how dangerous a building fire can be. It ticked me off that your poster was happy about it. I’ve also witnessed a ton of ACC bashing and NCSU in particular and I think some of you need to get the eff over it.

[b]Don't come over here and try and degrade our program because of one stupid poster. That would be like me calling all Duke fans arrogant jerks because of your post. [/b]

You are correct and I apologize to the rest of you

[b]I think some of you need to get the eff over it.[/b]
Agreed. We had our chance and blew it - we have no right to run our mouth about them now. We did before this game since the last time we played, we beat them down on their own court, but they have proved they are the better team until we meet again. Here's hoping we don't blow our shot against Wake also.
[b]You are correct and I apologize to the rest of you [/b]
Thank you.

"That would be like me calling all Duke fans arrogant jerks because of your post. "

Yeah, they were arrogant jerks before his post.

'Let’s see… you whine for years that State and everyone else in the ACC was “scared” to play the Niners. Then you get your chance in round 1 of the NCAA tournament and get your asses whipped so you are glad that Reynolds has a fire? ’

On the down side, we are a group of humble jerks

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@May 25 2005, 11:44 AM [b] On the down side, we are a group of humble jerks [/b]
Speak for yourself.
[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@May 25 2005, 11:44 AM [b] "That would be like me calling all Duke fans arrogant jerks because of your post. "

Yeah, they were arrogant jerks before his post.

'Let’s see… you whine for years that State and everyone else in the ACC was “scared” to play the Niners. Then you get your chance in round 1 of the NCAA tournament and get your asses whipped so you are glad that Reynolds has a fire? ’

On the down side, we are a group of humble jerks [/b]

What kind of jerks are bandwagon tarheel fans?