Busch record season for Chicago Fire...

[B][COLOR=red]Glory, Glory Man Uni-ted![/COLOR][/B]

gag me.

no wait - its too late for that! Terry already did that earlier today when he whiffed the goal winning pk.

#$^%!#@~@~~!!!

Actually the song goesā€¦

Who the **** is Man Uni-ted?

Actually the song goes....

Who the **** is Man Uni-ted?

one wordā€¦

[SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]HIYO![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Man U fans are the Cowboy, Yankee, and Tarheel fans of the EPL.

Seriouslyā€¦ I hate Man U.

[QUOTE=casstommy;320767]Man U fans are the Cowboy, Yankee, and Tarheel fans of the EPL.

Seriouslyā€¦ I hate Man U.[/QUOTE]

Heh, heh! Thatā€™s pretty goodā€¦they do have a lot of bandwagon fans, but thatā€™s to be expected when your a dominate team.

Carlos Tevez was the Man of the Match for meā€¦His skill matched with a fierce determination to win are impressive. I think he played as much defense as offense!

Now everyone please be a good homer and vote for Jon to the All Star game!

Carlos Tevez was the Man of the Match for me...His skill matched with a fierce determination to win are impressive. I think he played as much defense as offense!

I agree, but he had a couple of shots he should have buried. He has been less than impressive during his stint at Man U but he is the only guy on Man U I can stomach, even though he can be pretty bratty himself.

It is impossible for me to root for any team that Joe Cole is apart of. He is the Manu Ginobili soccer. And then there is Drogba. He fights the other team, he fights his own team, he whines, he makes Chelsea 1 dimensional. Iā€™m sure Chelsea fans cant part ways with him fast enough.

Heh, heh! That's pretty good...they do have a lot of bandwagon fans, but that's to be expected when your a dominate team.

Carlos Tevez was the Man of the Match for meā€¦His skill matched with a fierce determination to win are impressive. I think he played as much defense as offense!

Tevez is a very impressive player overall - but I didnt think that he had a good game yesterdayā€¦ Honestly I dont think anyone really did - both goals were scored off of something that went drastically wrong (cech didnt even attempt to stop ronaldo and the chelsea goal, well no one helped defend, at all)

really it looked more like a hockey game than anything. Definately not premiership level soccer - I would think that the rain and the slick fields had something to do with that - I know it had something to do with the final outcome (cole slips)

[QUOTE=casstommy]Man U fans are the Cowboy, Yankee, and Tarheel fans of the EPL.

Seriouslyā€¦ I hate Man U.[/QUOTE]

Heh, heh! That's pretty good...they do have a lot of [B]bandwagon fans[/B], but that's to be expected when your a dominate team.

News flash fellas: Weā€™re in America. Weā€™re talking about English Premiership Soccer. Weā€™re all bandwagon fans.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;320898]News flash fellas: Weā€™re in America. Weā€™re talking about English Premiership Soccer. Weā€™re [B]all [/B]bandwagon fans.[/QUOTE]

Toucheā€™, I think. However, all over the globe this Champions League Final is discussed today. So at least there are over a billion bandwagon fans.

News flash fellas: We're in America. We're talking about English Premiership Soccer. We're [B]all [/B]bandwagon fans.

I dont consider location a part of the bandwagon fan MO. It has more to do with people picking a team they like because that team wins a lot.

Frontrunners.

Man U, the Yankees, Cowboys, and Tarheels have a tremendous amount of frontrunner fans.

I dont consider location a part of the bandwagon fan MO. It has more to do with people picking a team they like because that team wins a lot.

Frontrunners.

Man U, the Yankees, Cowboys, and Tarheels have a tremendous amount of frontrunner fans.

Hmmm letā€™s argue a circle. One person here rooting for Chelsea is fine, but because I picked Man U as my team, Iā€™m a bandwagoner?

Anybody on this board who roots for Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, whateverā€¦ is rooting for that team for reasons beyond localeā€¦ itā€™s either that they like a specific player, were first aware of that team, or just like them because they win, and you canā€™t really call them bandwagoners in a bad sense, because theyā€™re just as bad as you.

If everybody picked teams the way your logic says they should, weā€™d all be West Ham fans.

If everybody picked teams the way your logic says they should, we'd all be West Ham fans.

Well, Iā€™m a Fulham fanā€¦so there ya go!

The main reason for the pitch problems was that they brought that field in the day before the game because the original one brought in was brown. The roots just did not have time to hold. Add in the rain ā€¦

I thought Tevez was horrible offensively but his work back defensively was critical in an ugly game.

What he did on the throw/give back/injury was brilliant. I am all for sportsmanship and we always kick the ball out for an injured player, but minutes before a Chelsea player went down for basically nothing and stayed down. The hesitant pass OOB by Man U actually stopped an attack by them. Chelsea returned the ball with a deep throw. When this happen my Brit friend I was watching with says ā€œMan U should return that favor if they get a chanceā€

Tevez did so knocking it out and calling his teammates up to press the deep throw. Good for him!

Funny story ā€¦ we are playing a huge conference match last fall and knock the ball out for an oppositionā€™s injury. The player on the other team steps up to take the throw and instead of throwing it back to us she looks for a way to attack on the throw. Before she throws it Ozimek asks her (in nice terms) what she thinks she is doing. The opposition All-Conference player says ā€œItā€™s not that type of a gameā€ meaning since it is a big game she should not have to throw it back. Ozimek (now not in nice terms) rips the girl, the other team and the other teamā€™s bench. The opposing coach, to his credit, takes the player out of the game for the lack of class.

Anyway, I digress.

had no idea about the replanting of the pitch. No wonder there were issuesā€¦ next time, SPRAY PAINT! (just kidding)

I will not begin to discuss bandwagon fans on this board. If you picked a team just becasue tehy are always winning then you bandwagon. If you picked a team for personal reasons due to A. where you come from, B. a player on the team, C. their manager/owner, or D. because you had no clue what you were watching at some point in the season and started pulling for a team because they were your friends team and they could fill you with loads of interesting facts about the team (that not everyone may know) then I do not concider you bandwagon.

anyone else catch the attempt to bring up the cold war on espn? I think the quote was something like this ā€œif youā€™re and American and youā€™re tuning in you may pull for Manchester United, whos owner is from Florida, rather than Chelseaā€™s owner from Russia!ā€

i found it funny.

Tevez had the lead-off PK I believe, and he nailed it. Unlike the soon to be most expensive athelete in the world from Sporting Lisbon. Yes, he should of finished in the game. However, he outplayed Rooney.

Tevez had the lead-off PK I believe, and he nailed it. Unlike the soon to be most expensive athelete in the world from Sporting Lisbon. Yes, he should of finished in the game. However, he outplayed Rooney.

Was rooney even there??? (kiddingā€¦)

Vote for Busch for the All Star game...Can vote 10 times per day

http://www.mlsnet.com/mls/events/all_star/2008/ballot/register.jsp

[SIZE=6]CLICK ON THIS LINK!!! HELP VOTE A NINER INTO THE MLS ALL-STAR GAME!!![/SIZE]

And seriouslyā€¦they say themselves you can vote up to 10 times a day, and itā€™s incredibly easy to vote again. DO EEET!!!

being a Liverpool fan, I donā€™t like either team and didnā€™t care who wonā€¦ I just wanted to see a good match (which, by the way, I didnā€™t really get to see).
I didnā€™t know that about the field thoughā€¦ makes things tough. Add the rain AND the local time (1:30am?!)ā€¦ could anyone have seriously expected a premiership-level match?

[B][SIZE=7]STEM!!![/SIZE][/B]