Butch Davis-FIU coach

ESPN is reporting that Butch Davis has resigned to be named head coach at FIU. It is an interesting move since he is now 64 so they only get 6 yrs from him at the most. I understand in basketball you can build in a hurry with 2-3 players, but in football it takes 3-4 years to rebuild a team.

He does have recruiting ties to the state of FL and we have been going head-to-head with them this year on some kids. Hope we can continue to make roads in the area and not lose commits.

I think it’s a good hire for them. Older coaches can be good for G5 schools if its the right fit. You don’t have to worry about him bolting if he has a good year. Also, it’s nice playing against someone with some name recognition at the HC position.

[quote=“chidave, post:2, topic:30627”]I think it’s a good hire for them. Older coaches can be good for G5 schools if its the right fit. You don’t have to worry about him bolting if he has a good year. Also, it’s nice playing against someone with some name recognition at the HC position.[/quote] Who is Butch Davis?

Despite the academic controversy at chapel hole the guy has a proven track record of success. He assembled one of the most talent laden college football teams ever at Miami around the turn of the century. The guy should certainly be able to elevate the talent level at FIU.