Butter in the D-League

Butter is playing for Fayetteville in the D-League. Through the first 2 games he is starting and averaging 7ppg and 5.5 rpg.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/butter_johnson/index.html?nav=page

Good find, Cornbread. Under his career high’s he hasn’t made a 3 yet and has only attempted 1!!!

[QUOTE=forDniner;140484]Good find, Cornbread. Under his career high’s he hasn’t made a 3 yet and has only attempted 1!!![/QUOTE]

Of course, Lutz is no longer coaching him.

Butter could be a productive player in the D League but he would be in over his head in the NBA.

The D League might be a path to the European leagues. In the right setting, he could be a very effective role player.

Nash plays for the Krunk.

[QUOTE=NinerUpNorth;140486]Of course, Lutz is no longer coaching him.[/QUOTE]

ouch.

I know everyone liked to give him a hard time, but since his soph year we have yet to have a bench player as good as he was his soph year.

We could of really used him in his soph form last year. In fact he may be the best guy of the bench we have had in the last 10 yrs ? Can anyone name someone better ?

I thought EJ was a big improvement last year.

[QUOTE=amnesiac;140624]I know everyone liked to give him a hard time, but since his soph year we have yet to have a bench player as good as he was his soph year.

We could of really used him in his soph form last year. In fact he may be the best guy of the bench we have had in the last 10 yrs ? Can anyone name someone better ?[/QUOTE]

In 2000-01 season both Kenkay and Diego were better bench players.

Butter sought (and got) big time redemption against his rematch with App State. As a fan, I loved that story.