Byron Dinkins

Don’t know what the numbers are but I know he ripped UK. I know Dink is on an all time list of guys who’ve scored the most against UK in a single game, I remember that much.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/12/31/2889741/future-promising-for-a-young-northside.html

Dinkins is a young coach but, if he decides to stay at the high school level, I think he can one day be held in the same high regard as the best boys coaches to ever work in Mecklenburg County - up there with former West Charlotte coaches Charles McCullough, Gosnell White, Charlotte Latin's Jerry Faulkner, South Meck and Providence Day coach Dave Price and North Meck coaches Leroy Holden and Duane Lewis.

Congratulations to Northtside Christian Academy and second year head coach Byron Dinkins on their first NCISAA 2A State Basketball Championship. Dinkins made defensive adjustments at halftime and overcame a 12 point deficit for a thrillling win over Davidson Day. Hats off to Dinkins and assistant coach Joe Badgett (UNCC '83-'86) for a 31-1 season, Charlotte Hardwood Classic Title, MAC reg season and tourney champs, and the 2A state title.
Memo to Judy… Start a file.