C-Set goes live this Weekend

Just got off the line with Time Warner and they stated that C-Set is going on air starting at midnight on Sat. and will be showing football game starting at noon.

They stated that C-Set would be showing home and away Niners game with usually a repeat the next day. They did not say which games or how many because they only have a listing for Oct. as of now. They will be showing 68 Bobcat games, high school football(live and then a repeat the next day) and basketball, most local college football(and I guess basketball, coach shows, ton of stuff on the Bobcats, etc. Channel 150.

Is this just a digital thing? I think I remember that a long time ago.

[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 07:24 PM [b] Is this just a digital thing? I think I remember that a long time ago. [/b]
damn i hope not! i just have basic TWC

Yeah, it’s just digital I’m pretty sure. No satellite, no basic cable. I thought about making the jump just for C-Set, but I’m not sure.

what is the price difference between digital cable and basic?

well worth it just if for the DVR

[b]what is the price difference between digital cable and basic? [/b]

Basic digital(no movie channels- Hbo’s, etc.) is about $59 dollar- what website says but I think they went up a couple of dollars. I call and order today to just have digital for the season and then I probably will go back to basic after the season. If you have Road Runner, they have a package for $119 that includes Road Runner and Digital with your choice of 3 set of movie channels.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 02:48 AM [b] If you have Road Runner, they have a package for $119 that includes Road Runner and Digital with your choice of 3 set of movie channels. [/b]
That's what my family has. We have 12 HBO channels and 12 Skinemax channels. The sad thing is, more often than not all 24 movies that are on.... suck.
[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Oct 12 2004, 09:24 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Oct 12 2004, 09:24 PM)

If you’re stepping up to digital, you may as well go buy an HD Ready TV and for $6.50 more you get the HD Tier. It is AMAZING. Now, if we could get those Niner games in Hi Def…WOW!!!

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 08:03 AM [b] If you're stepping up to digital, you may as well go buy an HD Ready TV and for $6.50 more you get the HD Tier. It is AMAZING. Now, if we could get those Niner games in Hi Def...WOW!!! [/b]
I have Charter digital with the HD tier they offer and it is amazing. I just need a bigger TV.

Are you not in Charlotte Lefty or did you somehow have a choice for providers?? Also, what HD stations do you get? TWC has the major networks, ESPN, PBS, HDNet, INHD, INHD2, TNT (kinda sucks), Discovery. I’ve been very impressed w/ the lineups shown on HDNet and the INHD channels.

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 10:14 AM [b] TWC has the major networks, ESPN, PBS, HDNet, INHD, INHD2, TNT (kinda sucks), Discovery. [/b]
TW also has all of the HD network channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, UPN, WJZY). HBO-HD and SHO-HD can be had for a little more money if you already have a digital/HD package. THe HD-DVR is nice too.
[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 09:14 AM [b] Are you not in Charlotte Lefty or did you somehow have a choice for providers?? Also, what HD stations do you get? TWC has the major networks, ESPN, PBS, HDNet, INHD, INHD2, TNT (kinda sucks), Discovery. I've been very impressed w/ the lineups shown on HDNet and the INHD channels. [/b]
I live in East Lincoln and Charter is the only cable provider in the area. It's based out of Hickory and covers the western part of the state. HD channels are ABC, FOX, NBC, ESPN, HDNET, HDMovies, HD HBO, HD Showtime.