Called Lutz Live...

I called into Lutz Live last night and asked the guy who answered the phone to ask Coach Lutz about the “State rumors”. The guy responded with “Uh, what? What do you mean?” I then explained myself further and he said that he would have Matt ask Coach about it in “this segment or the next”. Interestingly enough, I called around 7:20 or so.

If anyone listened to the show last night, the question, quite obviously, never came up. I don’t want to read into this, but why in the world did this question never get asked of Bobby? Could it be that Matt slid the question in front of Coach and he vetoed it? I guess we’ll never know, but I would have liked to have heard his answer.

I know Coach doesn’t read this board (I think), but if so, Coach…think about the offer if it’s out there. You will have the lights of the ACC, but outside of Hodge (ass far as highly touted high school players), who in the world has chosen to go to NC State in the last 20 years since David Thompson’s days??? Please don’t give me any Rodney Monroe or Tom Gugliotta talk either. How ‘bout the “amphibious one” Charles Shackleford or Chris Washburn? Those turned out to be quality players, if you like scandal. The point is, State is Carolina’s, Duke’s, and even Wake’s ugly lil’ sister. That would be more frustrating than building a program that could very likely have a “Lutz Court” at Halton Arena some day. We’re on the cusp of something great…it just takes time for a program that is only 34 years old.

Sincerely,

The end of a rant that is probably too long

Um, yes he did address it. I guess you were just late on listening, he did it in the first part of the show.

Missed that…thanks, though. What exactly did he say???

Can anyone give a quick recap for those of us that can’t pick up wfnz?

[i]Originally posted by jbpfeen[/i]@Feb 4 2005, 07:21 AM [b] If anyone listened to the show last night, the question, quite obviously, never came up. I don't want to read into this, but why in the world did this question never get asked of Bobby? Could it be that Matt slid the question in front of Coach and he vetoed it? I guess we'll never know, but I would have liked to have heard his answer. [/b]

Yes, he did address it. A caller asked specifically about it in the first 15 minutes. Also, Matt brought up the internet rumors. Coach said he doesn’t read that stuff and then addressed it the same as he did on NinerReport.com.

There were several callers who thanked him for what he has done here and asked him what it would take to keep him here for a long time.

He said…his main frustration is with support. We need to fill Halton. We have a winning program. He also said our core group of students and alums are great. We just need more of them.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Feb 4 2005, 09:37 AM [b] He said...his main frustration is with support. We need to fill Halton. We have a winning program. [/b]
Agreed but that's preaching to the choir on this board. What I have always thought was that students need to feel the "need" to be at the games. If you go to other schools, you stick out if you're not at game or aren't watching it. Sort of the idea of "Everyone is there." I am not sure how you go about doing that and I am not a marketing major. I like the idea of creating shirt for everyone to wear to the game. I just can't see our home crowds improving after we move to the A-10.
[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Feb 4 2005, 08:37 AM [b] He said...his main frustration is with support. We need to fill Halton. We have a winning program. [/b]
In other words, he could be talked out of being the men's basketball coach for the Charlotte 49ers.
[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante+Feb 4 2005, 08:45 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (SilvioDante @ Feb 4 2005, 08:45 AM)
[i]Originally posted by run49er+Feb 4 2005, 09:05 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (run49er @ Feb 4 2005, 09:05 AM)
Originally posted by SilvioDante@Feb 4 2005, 08:45 AM [b]

Bobby said he was tired of the rumors, said he thinks the diehard fans are great and said we should all drop it. I agree.

He did say [paraphrasing] “I’m not in the market for another job.” Then expressed frustration with lack of sellouts. I think that means we’ve got him at least one more year.