Calling for class

So what's his e-mail address?

No clue. I just sent him a Facebook message. He’s already responded. Classy guy.

I am sure he heard some less than classy remarks toward him. Its not so easy to listen to the ragging the whole game as a player.

wrong… unless it was said from the alumni side - but the guy didnt really do much of ANYTHING on the court that would cause him to be yelled at… Our student section was minimal tonight, so I’m willing to say that I could probably hear anything yelled that he could here - and quite frankly, other than everyone going …nooooo!.. when he shot the 3 ball, nothing else was said about him.

The point of this thread wasn’t just to point this kid out. This was somewhere that I and other ppl can go b*tch about other games and the many more games to come I’m sure of where someone does something like this. Look at this thread as the “thread that stopped thread jacking” so we’re not talking about it in the post game threads anymore.

[URL=http://uncc.facebook.com/profile.php?id=736333847][COLOR=#3b5998]Job Fickett[/COLOR][/URL]

Today at 11:53am

On behalf of the students at Charlotte, we just wanted to say thank you for being a class guy during the game yesterday. We in 104 gave you a tough time (as we are supposed to do) and you took it in stride (as you are supposed to do) and actually laughed a little bit and made it more fun for everyone. Its these exhibitions of class that make me love college sports. You deserve to be commended for being such a good sport, and a fun player to watch. I truly wish you well iin the future, good luck for the rest of the season and beyond.
-Job Fickett, Charlotte '11

[URL=http://duq.facebook.com/profile.php?id=35202253][COLOR=#3b5998]Kojo Mensah[/COLOR][/URL]

Today at 12:56pm
[URL=http://uncc.facebook.com/report.php?type=9&cid=12768571290&rid=35202253&cid2=1&cid3=1&h=194c973c93]Report Message[/URL]
Thank you, I really appreciate that

[B]league needs more guys like him.[/B]

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;300915]So we’ve had a few wonderful displays of class this year (as well as historically) in our house, some by our own fans, and some by many of the players and/or coaches from opposing teams - so I saw potential need for this.

Tonight, I am calling out Number 30 for the Duquesne Dukes, Bill Clark. Mr. Clark gave our small student section the finger for a good 30 seconds this afternoon while drinking his water. Though I’m sure his defense is that he holds his middle finger in the air everytime he goes to drink water, the eye contact we got from him during his display was classic. I guess you just can’t handle our students when we give you the “left right left” chant after you foul out of the game. So Mr. Clark, I hope that you remind yourself that you’re not 15 anymore, and you’re finger just reminds us all that this afternoon not only did you foul out, but that you lost the game as well. You sir, showed that you have NO CLASS.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Zero, but [B]if you can’t take it, don’t dish it[/B]. Sure it’s a disappointing reaction, but [B]not[/B] worth a thread. It was way worse back in the CUSA days. I’m not saying that excuses it, just saying that a middle finger directed at the student section by a player is nothing new.

[URL=http://uncc.facebook.com/profile.php?id=736333847][COLOR=#3b5998]Job Fickett[/COLOR][/URL]

Today at 11:53am

On behalf of the students at Charlotte, we just wanted to say thank you for being a class guy during the game yesterday. We in 104 gave you a tough time (as we are supposed to do) and you took it in stride (as you are supposed to do) and actually laughed a little bit and made it more fun for everyone. Its these exhibitions of class that make me love college sports. You deserve to be commended for being such a good sport, and a fun player to watch. I truly wish you well iin the future, good luck for the rest of the season and beyond.
-Job Fickett, Charlotte '11

[COLOR=#3b5998]Kojo Mensah[/COLOR]

Today at 12:56pm
Report Message
Thank you, I really appreciate that

league needs more guys like him.

Ah good stuff. Well done.

I would take a middle finger as a badge of honor. Anyone who takes it as an insult should quit sitting in the student section.

And what is with all this classy crap? Who cares about being Classy? I went to class to get my degree, so I don’t need any class on the basketball court. Just so long as nobody is doing anything that isn’t on the up and up, I want guys to talk trash and be abrassive.

Now some guys just let their play do the talking, but you’ve gotta be really good to get away with that. I wish our teams the past couple of years would have more attitude.

Sorry Zero, but [B]if you can't take it, don't dish it[/B]. Sure it's a disappointing reaction, but [B]not[/B] worth a thread. It was way worse back in the CUSA days. I'm not saying that excuses it, just saying that a middle finger directed at the student section by a player is nothing new.

exactly

Sorry Zero, but [B]if you can't take it, don't dish it[/B]. Sure it's a disappointing reaction, but [B]not[/B] worth a thread. It was way worse back in the CUSA days. I'm not saying that excuses it, just saying that a middle finger directed at the student section by a player is nothing new.

I remember back in my time in the student section (The Dreaded Gang Green), they used to put my group in the first row above the tunnel where the other team came in and out, and the entire Cinci team flipped us off as they left one of the years. Of course we were “politely” letting them know that if they didn’t make the NBA that they would be working at McDonalds bc none of them were going to graduate. That was fun.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;301131]Sorry Zero, but [B]if you can’t take it, don’t dish it[/B]. It was way worse back in the CUSA days. [/QUOTE] Yea. Back then, you had to worry about some of the coaches flipping off the fans.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;301135]I would take a middle finger as a badge of honor. Anyone who takes it as an insult should quit sitting in the student section.[/quote] Exactly. I think it would have gotten to this guy if the students had returned the favor by giving the guy the thumbs-up and then in unison shouted “Thank You”.

i dont care to try to quote everything properly so im not going to, forgive me.

“if you cant take it dont dish it” - Though I agree with you completely, I have to say that there is a fine line between gestures such as the finger (which my entire life I have understood to directly mean “F*ck You”) and chanting things at players that arent directed at their race, sex, or anything else that the normal person would take direct offense to. Assuming that comment about dishing and taking was directed mainly in my direction I also want you to know that I personally wont say anything that I feel is stepping over the line. I am against the BS chant and I dont participate in the “YOU SUCK” portion of that one song… I yell at players when they’re shooting, and often do more yelling than the average student in the student section (ask anyone who sits anywhere remotely near me) but I keep it relatively clean. SO basically I’m not dishing anything deserving of what I’m taking, and honestly it really doesnt offend me in the end, but that doesnt make it alright.

Someone said something to the effect of class being left when you the court - well, they preach sportsmanship, and last time i checked obscene gestures and mouthing things like “F*ck you” arent a good display of good sportsmanship. So if you want to go with the leave it when you hit the court - which I might add I completely disagree with - then maybe take a look at sportmanship.

Look - I know that there have been much worse things done (especially in the CUSA days with the likes of Huggy, Cinci etc.) but that doesnt make it right. I will say again what i said earlier - this thread is a place for you to complain about whatever is done, has been done, or especially what will be done in teh future, [I]rather than jacking the post game thread - [/I]and thats why I think its “threadworthy”

So, I guess we should just throw away all those diego bobbleheads because they are a constant reminder of our classless, trash-talking 2g.

Basketball players are people too, and they get worked up and pissed off. If they drop an F-bomb in our direction, sweet. It means we got to them. Our coach drops plenty of bombs. Being classy and being a good sport are two different things. I really don’t have a problem with guys celebrating or trash talking to our fans after a win. It’s a part of the game. If a person crosses the line into any type of physical or bodily harm, then there is an issue, but other than that, who cares?

I’m not sure why you old timers are jumping on zero. So the old CUSA days were rougher. Whoopdy doo. Those days are over. Move on. You shouldn’t lecture a student for creating a thread because he wanted to talk about how he noticed one player reacted positively to student section pressure, and another reacted negatively to it. Weirdos.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;301196]I’m not sure why you old timers are jumping on zero. So the old CUSA days were rougher. Whoopdy doo. Those days are over. Move on. You shouldn’t lecture a student for creating a thread because he wanted to talk about how he noticed one player reacted positively to student section pressure, and another reacted negatively to it. Weirdos.[/QUOTE]
I’m gonna stick to my original comment and say [B]if you can’t take it, don’t dish it[/B]. I got flipped off by Vasquez at the Maryland game. It actually made me feel good that a player that good was rattled by my comments enough to make him respond in such a way. That and he quit shooting on my side of the court… :biggrin: Go to an ACC game and you will see that it gets much worse elsewhere.

You want to know about crossing the line, my best friend went on a recruiting trip to UVA for X-country and they went to the UVA-Maryland game. Two guys infront of him snuck in a sign or yelled (I can’t recall) “Juan Dixon’s parents sold us heroin.” Apparently, Dixon saw this and did nothing to respond, almost looked like he felt bad for the sad souls. If you don’t know why that would effect him that way, his parents died from AIDS related illness due to heroin use. And you guys are on here bickering over a middle finger? Get real, there’s worse **** in this world.

I'm not sure why you old timers are jumping on zero. So the old CUSA days were rougher. Whoopdy doo. Those days are over. Move on. You shouldn't lecture a student for creating a thread because he wanted to talk about how he noticed one player reacted positively to student section pressure, and another reacted negatively to it. Weirdos.

I don’t remember any trash talkin’ during the Mean Green days. They didn’t allow that on TV. Then again if they were talkin’ trash I never knew about it.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;301207]You want to know about crossing the line, my best friend went on a recruiting trip to UVA for X-country and they went to the UVA-Maryland game. Two guys infront of him snuck in a sign or yelled (I can’t recall) “Juan Dixon’s parents sold us heroin.” Apparently, Dixon saw this and did nothing to respond, almost looked like he felt bad for the sad souls. If you don’t know why that would effect him that way, his parents died from AIDS related illness due to heroin use. And you guys are on here bickering over a middle finger? Get real, there’s worse **** in this world.[/QUOTE]

Dang, that is right up there with ECU’s comments to Garcia.

Dang, that is right up there with ECU's comments to Garcia.

Never heard that…

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;301211]Never heard that…[/QUOTE]

They chanted something to the effect of “I Shot your brother.”

You want to know about crossing the line, my best friend went on a recruiting trip to UVA for X-country and they went to the UVA-Maryland game. Two guys infront of him snuck in a sign or yelled (I can't recall) "Juan Dixon's parents sold us heroin." Apparently, Dixon saw this and did nothing to respond, almost looked like he felt bad for the sad souls. If you don't know why that would effect him that way, his parents died from AIDS related illness due to heroin use. And you guys are on here bickering over a middle finger? Get real, there's worse **** in this world.

Yeah. That is at about the level of a feces-eating parasite.

[COLOR=black]Actually, it doesn't appear to be. [/COLOR][URL=http://ra.cr.duq.edu/Production/directory/][COLOR=black]http://ra.cr.duq.edu/Production/directory/[/COLOR][/URL]

Maybe I’m too dumb. I was gonna send him an e-mail…

EDIT: Nevermind, Facebook is just as good.

His real name is Thad, not Kojo.