Calling for class

So we’ve had a few wonderful displays of class this year (as well as historically) in our house, some by our own fans, and some by many of the players and/or coaches from opposing teams - so I saw potential need for this.

Tonight, I am calling out Number 30 for the Duquesne Dukes, Bill Clark. Mr. Clark gave our small student section the finger for a good 30 seconds this afternoon while drinking his water. Though I’m sure his defense is that he holds his middle finger in the air everytime he goes to drink water, the eye contact we got from him during his display was classic. I guess you just can’t handle our students when we give you the “left right left” chant after you foul out of the game. So Mr. Clark, I hope that you remind yourself that you’re not 15 anymore, and you’re finger just reminds us all that this afternoon not only did you foul out, but that you lost the game as well. You sir, showed that you have NO CLASS.

Maybe take a tip from one of the guys on the same side as you, number 33 Kojo Mensah - he took some relentless beatings from our student section tonight, but all he did was smile about it, and sometimes even laugh. He kept his cool and displayed that he actually has some class. So maybe talk to him, he may just rub off on you.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;300915]Tonight, I am calling out Number 30 for the Duquesne Dukes, Bill Clark. Mr. Clark gave our small student section the finger for a good 30 seconds this afternoon while drinking his water. Though I’m sure his defense is that he holds his middle finger in the air everytime he goes to drink water, the eye contact we got from him during his display was classic. I guess you just can’t handle our students when we give you the “left right left” chant after you foul out of the game. So Mr. Clark, I hope that you remind yourself that you’re not 15 anymore, and you’re finger just reminds us all that this afternoon not only did you foul out, but that you lost the game as well. You sir, showed that you have NO CLASS. [/QUOTE]
I think the students missed a golden opportunity with this one. You students should have had a field day when that happened.

I dont think it was as noticable to some people… I was told by someone at the game about it happening, but never actually saw it myself…

I wish i would have. Since I’m in the band and stand in the front row, he DEFINITELY would’ve heard about it from me. haha

I dont think it was as noticable to some people... I was told by someone at the game about it happening, but never actually saw it myself...

I wish i would have. Since I’m in the band and stand in the front row, he DEFINITELY would’ve heard about it from me. haha

you wouldnt have likely been able to see it - he was facing 103 when he didi t so his back was towards you.

We did yell a lot about it - even tried to get teh refs attention to it - like i said, it wasnt ust like “heres the finger” and its gone - it was there for a while… unfortunately there werent many of us so we couldnt make as much noise as usual.

MY definitions of class…

Kojo was the most personable and interactive player we’ve had to talk to all year. Sometimes I wish you could tell this people how much you appreciate them having a measure of sportsmanship.

Kojo was the most personable and interactive player we've had to talk to all year. Sometimes I wish you could tell this people how much you appreciate them having a measure of sportsmanship.

your interaction this afternoon with him was priceless. He was a great sport about it. Props to him.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;300992]Kojo was the most personable and interactive player we’ve had to talk to all year. Sometimes I wish you could tell this people how much you appreciate them having a measure of sportsmanship.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;300993]your interaction this afternoon with him was priceless. He was a great sport about it. Props to him.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]His points are down. So is his psyche. When he watches films of the Dukes, he doesn’t recognize the guy wearing uniform No. 33.

Friends have called to tell him, “You look like you’re not having fun.”

“I’ve been in a shooting slump before for a game or two, but I’ve always come out of it,” Mensah said. "It’s never been this long. A lot of it is mental. It surprises me that I’ve let something like this bother me.

“Mentally, I’ve dug myself a hole so deep it becomes frustrating trying to dig out. Nothing teams in the A-10 have done has changed the way I’m playing.”

Mensah was asked how big the basket looks to him when his shots aren’t falling. “Like an onion,” he said, without a smile.[/QUOTE]

[B][URL=http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08060/861381-135.stm]Frustration builds for Dukes’ Mensah[/URL][/B]

Pretty awesome that he’s having fun again. At least, until we play them again. :smile:

Kojo is listed in their student directory on duq.edu. You can find his email by just searching his last name, if you want to send him a letter thanking him for being a stand-up guy. :smile:

Also the difference between being a frosh (Clark) and a red-shirt junior (Mensah). BTW, Mensah was one of the players who were shot at Duquesne back in September, 2006, so taking a razzing by an opponent’s student section shouldn’t seem like much after taking bullets in the arm and shoulder!

lets see…we won and a player hated the ragging so bad he felt inclined to flip off the student section. Sounds like a good thing to me.

I am sure he heard some less than classy remarks toward him. Its not so easy to listen to the ragging the whole game as a player.

lets see....we won and a player hated the ragging so bad he felt inclined to flip off the student section. Sounds like a good thing to me.

I am sure he heard some less than classy remarks toward him. Its not so easy to listen to the ragging the whole game as a player.

Yeah, but here’s the difference: they are there to play the game and represent their school. We are there to watch the game, and make it as difficult as possible for them to play the game.

Yeah, but here's the difference: they are there to play the game and represent their school. We are there to watch the game, and make it as difficult as possible for them to play the game.
get over it, is all I'm saying. Its not a big deal, certainly not worthy of a thread

I wasn’t there, I didn’t see it. I don’t really mind getting flipped off, but I can see where some of the guys are coming from.

What I do have a problem with is a player facing the student section, popping his jersey, and mouthing the words “**** you” postgame.

That’s when I go ballistic.

I wasn't there, I didn't see it. I don't really mind getting flipped off, but I can see where some of the guys are coming from.

What I do have a problem with is a player facing the student section, popping his jersey, and mouthing the words “**** you” postgame.

That’s when I go ballistic.

that should not happpen, but when you are playing you have no idea where comments originate. Maybe someone at the other end said something personal, then the player thinks the whole building is crude. Like I said, we won and the player was upset enough to respond which means you got in his head.

unless a kid goes Vernon Maxwell, shake it off and ride him harder next year.

that should not happpen, but when you are playing you have no idea where comments originate. Maybe someone at the other end said something personal, then the player thinks the whole building is crude. Like I said, we won and the player was upset enough to respond which means you got in his head.

unless a kid goes Vernon Maxwell, shake it off and ride him harder next year.

It would have been great consolation if we had won that game…

It would have been great consolation if we had won that game...
we did win, we are talking about Duquesne as far as I know.
we did win, we are talking about Duquesne as far as I know.

No… Duquesne kid flipped a guy off… pish posh, you see it on the road every day.

This kid pops his jersey, looks me in the eye, and says “**** you” to all of 105. I had considered writing his AD about it, but in all fairness I replied with an equally fiery tongue.

Kojo is listed in their student directory on duq.edu. You can find his email by just searching his last name, if you want to send him a letter thanking him for being a stand-up guy. :smile:

[COLOR=black]Actually, it doesn’t appear to be. [/COLOR][COLOR=black]http://ra.cr.duq.edu/Production/directory/[/COLOR]

Maybe I’m too dumb. I was gonna send him an e-mail…

EDIT: Nevermind, Facebook is just as good.

So what’s his e-mail address?